Question for u Tebow nuts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by #1 Jets Fan, Apr 30, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

It's called an
    [​IMG]

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

U mean u would. I'm not the one fellowing him around on message boards. I'm not the taking up for him like a person would do for there lover.

3. VanderbiltJets

Too lazy to find the stats, but:
    45 yard field goal means the kicker has just over a 50% chance of making it, meaning the QB put his team in a position to (statistically) win. 59 yard field goals (although I do not have the exact %) are much more difficult to make (obviously). The point of frustration I have with Tebow is, in this case, the 59 yarder w/ 8 secs left sent the game to OT. Let's assume Sanchez had done the same thing (led the Jets to a comeback) and now Folk is going out to kick the 59 yarder. Jets lose. And now the story is "Sanchez didn't do enough to get his team in good field goal position to tie it". Which is correct. Having the luxury of Prater bailed out Tebow. He repeatedly put Prater in a position to have less than a 50% chance of making the field goal and, in the clutch, Prater routinely tied or won the game for them.

4. Remarker

Remarker Banned

My points about getting attention was more about most NFL players. You are correct to point out there are some players that are NOT attention whores, of which Tim is one. Tim has said, and I agree, what the media says is out of his hands. However, I believe each of us control whether we buy into the media's BS. I think it is unfortunate you let what the media says about Tim and his rabid (cough cough) fans influence you so much. I would prefer to put that blame on you being a 'dore but, WHATEVER.

5. VanderbiltJets

A "reality of football" means more about the casual NFL fan than it does to more devoted fans. The actual "reality" of football is that players who can earn credit for victory can also just as easily earn blame for a loss. Tebow killed the Broncos' chances to win at the end of the regular season but I've yet to see one Tebowite blame Tebow for the loss without making excuses that are coincidentally absent from Tebow praise (I could be wrong though).

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Haha, and you are in the Tebowmania forum, why?

7. VanderbiltJets

I do think, to a certain extent, that athletes can, should, and have told the media to back off. Not as though it will work, but still for the sake of the team having Tebow tell the media in response to divisive story to "stop writing about him" or "remember that he's only one of 53 on the roster" (for example) that it could help a lot.

I don't let what the media says influence me. I do, however, let what the media says annoy me.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Because it funny listening to u TB nuts.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So 18 of 24 for 191 yards and a TD is the 43 yard line? IN EIGHT MINUTES....seriously...do you see how the anti tebow cult sounds as crazy as the tebow nuts?

191 yards in EIGHT MINUTES is up and down the field THREE times actually. Not just the one drive to the 43, how about the previous drive...the one in the end zone? , did you selectively forget that one? Oh that's right you never saw the game so how would you know. Keep repeating what ESPN tells you to repeat.

You are as crazy as a Tebow nut just in the other direction.

10. catfish

catfish New Member

speaking to the skill of Prater, he had the lowest % of made field goals in the NFL last year(of kickers starting 16 games). 73%. He hit 3 of 4 greater than 50 yds, 2 of 6 40-49 yds, 8-8 30 to 39 yds, 3-4 19-30 yds.

he did hit some long ones, but not near as many as SF or OAK , in fact there were 9 kickers that had a higher % hit at 50+ yds without the advantage of Denvers thin air. He also missed some that he should have hit, IIRC he shanked 2 in the miami game alone

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I always though Tebow was a great teammate, videos aren't going to do anything except reaffirm by belief of that. I don't like discussing intangibles because well they are intangible. I understand players have them, but I just don't like discussing them since by definition they are not tangible.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I'd be proud... that kid needs to get laid

13. VanderbiltJets

Point wasn't about Prater's performance last year. It was about, in "Tebow's wins", what role Prater played. Generally, just as Prater could've made more FG's Tebow could've thrown less INTs and McGahee could've fumbled less.

14. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I'm not anti-Tebow, I'm anti-Tebow dickriders, such as yourself.

Please GTFO here with all your Tebow propaganda. He's a good Wildcat player, but extremely shitty quarterback who will never start a single game as long as he is in the New York, barring injury.

You can lie to yourself all you want, but anyone who thinks Tebow actually came in here to compete with Sanchez is deluded. he literally has a 0% chance no matter how bad Sanchez plays. No way in hell would they make Tebow the starter after giving Sanchez a lucrative 3-year extension.

But you keep telling me I know nothing about Tebow because I haven't watched him (which is false by the way), so I'll go ahead and say you don't know anything about the jets because you haven't watched them.

15. MURDR

MURDR Banned

This. Also, you have to take into account the defense as well, as they won a few games for the broncos as well. For example, the game when Elvis Dumervil recovered a late fumble that set up the Broncos for the win. Tebow got all the credit, but that was Dumervil.

16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Keep making those in the anti Tebow group looking classy...

Everything else is opinion, conjecture, over reaction, or out right being delusional yourself.

17. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Like I said, I'm not anti-Tebow, just I'm a realist.

18. catfish

catfish New Member

tebow and interceptions is a bad example, I will pretend you said complete more passes and agree with you. I was just trying to point out that while Prater had some clutch kicks he shit the bed a few times too....pretty much sums up the entire Broncos team

19. VanderbiltJets

Sure. I just thought of the first bad thing a QB can do and typed it.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I understand his point but you are right about INts .

If you take out the last quarter aganst Buffallo he threw 2 or 3 ints in the other 12 games last year.