Question for u Tebow nuts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by #1 Jets Fan, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Remarker

Remarker Banned

One of your biggest mistakes is to think the Gator Nation (Tim fans) are not accustomed to trash talk. We piss on the best of the best, Gator bait!!!

Seriously, it is my observation most of the Tim fans on these boards are being gentle. After all, the Jets are our team now too and most of us want to share in the excitement that comes with the Jets winning.

Tim fulfilling my personal expectations of making record breaking contributions to Jets wins is iceing on my cake. I will venture to say I am not the only one that has similar Tim expectations as we have observed his influence on the teams he plays for for many years.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

1st the hell with "gator nation" FSU BABY. Lol but serious... Bring on the trash talk. U better get used to having a new team every few years since that what Tebow career will be.

3. Remarker

Remarker Banned

You may be correct. It is also true that IF the Jets, with or without Tim, impress me enough that I hang up my fishing rod on Sundays like I do on Saturdays for Gator games, I will. I love watching exciting football games.

4. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Exactly. His defense was great and they get NO credit.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

U won't be hanging up ur fishing rod on Sunday's. Lol

6. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I can't post links yet so add the 3 Ws and replace the (dot) with a . and hear Tim's own words.

(dot)denverbroncos(dot)com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-at-Dolphins-Tebow/a68176a2-85cc-4ae4-8587-c025aec94758

(dot)denverbroncos(dot)com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-vs-Bears-Tebow/66d569ba-e345-4c21-81b8-971c19afd09a

7. Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake Banned

Tebow made the Broncos run game go from one of the worst to first... it was the run game that carried the defense to make plays at the end of the game. The opposing team turned the ball over and the Broncos didn't because Tebow made the run game so dominant and had so few turnovers because of it. Opposing teams had no way to math what Tebow did...

8. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. As to the press conference, I think he did the right thing by saying that his bosses made him do it :)

9. Demosthenes9

It's the reality of life and of football. The only time the defense gets the credit for winning the game is if they get a pick 6 to end it.

It's kind of like in baseball, if the score is 9-8 in the bottom of the 9th and player X hits a walk off 3 run shot. Who gets the credit for the victory ? The last guy to drive in the runs. What about the other 8 runs scored ? Ya don't hear much about them.

If you want to disagree, go check and see what position "game winning drives" get listed for under the stats tab. Yep, the QB. Do you think Sanchez had any help on any of his game winning drives ? Of course he did. But he's the one who gets the credit. That's just reality.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of people have been saying that defense was bad. It wasn't bad, it was inconsistent like Tebow was.

I didn't view the videos but I'm guessing its Tebow speaking?

ESPN after some of the comeback wins didn't acknowledge the defense was good. That's all I'm saying. Some initial posters here wouldn't acknowledge it, but now there are only 1 or 2 Tebow lovers who can't find fault in Tebow left and 1 or 2 Tebow haters left who can't find good/potential in Tebow. Its come down to personal opinions on what that potential can turn into

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

As someone whose freshman year at UF was marked by watching the Gators go 0-10-1, I'm very aware of the cyclical nature of college football.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Nah if you watched ESPN the year Sanchez had all the comebacks, it went away from Sanchez and toward Santonio Holmes about all the highlights since Tone was on the receiving. Heck when Melo hit the game winning 3 against Chicago nobody just said "oh look at Melo" almost every highlight or announcer mentioned that Melo would have never gotten that shot unless Tyson Chandler tipped out 2 separate rebounds. When the Yankees were down 9-0 to the Red Sox and came back, the whole team received praise, not just Swisher who hit the go ahead and soon to be game winning RBI. It doesn't have to be all about the QB. When Eli won the SB on a late second drive, everyone still gave that Giants defense credit, gave Manningham credit, etc etc.

13. MURDR

MURDR Banned

The run game carried the defense to make plays? Wow dude, you're obsession with Tebow has made you extremely deluded...

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Another question for u Tebow nuts? What would u think about him if it came out he wasn't a virgin?

15. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Yeah, the links go to the same day, after game videos of Tim being put on the media hot seat, which he handled with impressive poise and class. You are correct to say the media gurus don't do a good job giving a quarterback's teammates the recognition they deserve. including Tim's. It is refreshing to see Tim, in these linked videos, not only acknowledge his teammates good performance but the good performance of some of the members of the opposing teams.

Just one more thing, if you take the time to watch any of Tim's after game videos from the Broncos, you may be able detect some of Tim's 'intangibles' often refered to.

16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, IMO, It's Tim's bad he doesn't have the finest horn trimmer/s on the planet. It's like his religion, I don't care who he prays to as long as my team wins.

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

"Always has been and always will be the best college football team in Florida"

18. VanderbiltJets

You just argued that Tebow enjoys the fact that the media pits him against his teammates? That he likes drawing negative attention to his team? If so, then Tebow's an undercover asshole. Anytime Tebow gets "facetime" on TV it's to second-guess his coaches, criticize the QB starting over him, or to minimize the impact that his teammates had on the game. If Tebow enjoyed the fact that he got all the credit for beating the Steelers when Thomas actually won the game (ESPN Headline: Tim Tebow rediscovers magic as Broncos oust stunned Steelers in OT), then Tebow's a giant douche. It's one thing to say "he's different, he's not like any other player, he gives a lot to charity and is a virgin". But to say he, as a football player, enjoys this circus, is an insult to Pretty Timmy's impeccable character.

19. Demosthenes9

I'd think that you would be heart broken as you want to be his first.

20. VanderbiltJets

If you want to be taken seriously, you have to realize that defending your argument against a refutation by saying "whatever!!!" is the same thing as saying "My bad, you're right and I'm wrong. Can I get you anything? Warm milk? A soda? A hot oil massage?"