Quentin Moses

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Feb 11, 2007.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

This guy has fallen hard, theres no doubt about it. He wasn't anywhere near as good as people thought he'd be this year.

That said, he's still got prototypical OLB size, and he was considered a better pass rusher than Gaine Adams at one point last year.

He fits Mangini's "character thing" as he was on the SEC's Academic Honor Roll.

I do worry about his ability to play the run, but an NFL training program should bulk him up enough to let that happen. Hell, the best thing about him is that he's so long and lean right now he could add a little bulk to him and carry it as well as anyone in this class.

He's projected to go in the second round right now. Why isn't there more talk of him with our 37?

2. JetsLookingforDWare

And on the topic of OLB for the Jets...I ran into this guy:

OK I realize theres a scouting report up in front of me that I just posted. But who is this guy? I read he broke his hip (?) at one point this season. Is this guy a junior or a senior? Will he be at the combine?

Seems like he'll be on the Jets radar. Smart guy who projects well at a position of need, and should be had pretty late in the draft. Very nice.

3. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

id be ecstatic with him at 37. he used to be a top 10 lock.

4. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

I really like brian smith also. and we could pick him up in the third. hes a little undersized but he could bulk up to the nfl. looks like a good fit for a 3-4 olb.

5. All Star

All Star Active Member

No, just no at Brian Smith, you people do realize that him bulking up will hurt his speed right? And he has a LOT of bulking up to do, about 30 pound of it.......

6. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Honestly, this draft reminds me a lot of the year that both Ware and Merriman came out. Just loaded with 3-4 OLB's.

I'm no NFL draft expert so I can't tell you who will end up being the big time players, but I can tell you for sure that one will pan out and hopefully since there's so many avail in this April's draft, we get the right one. Wow. I'm excited just thinking of the prospect of getting a potential elite OLB.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

The two big players this year IMO will be Jarvis Moss and Anthony Spencer. Spencer is going to look mighty fine at workouts, and he might shoot himself into the first.

I hope Moses stays right there for us at 37.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Damn, I might take him at 25. If he got to 37, than it's a no-brainer.

9. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Former basketball players always have extra moves.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

11-20-2006, 02:47 PM #15
    legler82

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=13868

Outside of the obvious trio of Moses, Adams and Woodley, I like Jay Moore of Nebraska...

I also like Missouri DE Brian Smith as a potential 3-4 OLB prospect. Unfortunatly for him, he recently broke his right hip and is done for the season. On the bright side for him he won't need surgery. Prior to the injury Smith's stock was on the rise as he was 5th in the country in sacks. On the bright side for us this injury may have dropped him back under the radar as a sleeper prospect.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Another Sleeper

Name-Jacob Ford
    School-Central Arkansas
    Current Position-DE
    Projected Position-LB
    Projected 2007 NFL Draft-Round 7
    Height-6 ft 4 in
    Weight-252 lbs
    Speed-4.62

Overview-Jacob is a guy who has shot up the draft charts since CDS first began talking about his pro potential during the summer of 2006. He was one of the defensive stars of the game at the inaugural Inta-Juice Game. Ford had 32.5 tackles for loss in his two years at UCA, with 102 total tackles and 10 forced fumbles.

Ford was named to three All-American teams as a junior and has been invited to the 2007 NFL Combine in February.

Strengths-Fine height (at 6'3.5") with a frame to grow. Very quick and fast for a DE. Very productive at the IAA and exhibits a fine motor and work ethic. Has fine instincts and gets to the ballcarrier quickly.
    Weaknesses Needs to get bigger and stronger--but is working on that...A bit of a tweener who may be asked to stand up and run with the OLBs at the Combine. Level of competition concerns. A tad over-aged.

Projection-Solid 7th-round gamble who is only going to get bigger and better with time.

12. JetsLookingforDWare

Ford was another guy I was interested in. He's got OLB size and speed right now, and he's been a playmaker in college.

13. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Moses is the guy I want at 25 if Jarvis Moss isn't available. This kid is going to be a terrific player in the NFL if he gets to the right coaching staff; and for the first time in a long time, I think we have such a staff. Terrific passrusher, knows how to dominate, and I think not doing that well in his senior year might be able to refocus him.

14. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

I agree with you 100% Green Hurricane.

15. Atlanta Jet

Atlanta Jet New Member

I know Quinten. A kid who rents from me helped tutor him among other bulldogs. Hes tall, big shoulders & very, very athletic. He had double teams every game due to his rep. However he is a great kid w/ alot of disapline. OLB or w/ a few more lbs a flex down lineman...I think he would be a good addition to the JETS.

16. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

People are doubting Quentin because of his fall off in stats between his Junior and Senior season, but the reality is, when you put up the kind of numbers he did people start to take notice and double team you, that's what opened things up for Charles Johnson, so to me, his fall off in stats would more attract me to him than draw me away, because I know that he was feared and was game planned for in college, and that he is unselfish, not complaining or whining and letting his other teammates prosper from him gettting so much attention.

17. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

While his drop off in stats wouldn't necessarily draw me to him, they can definitely be reasoned as being a result of constant double teams if that's the case. I didn't actually watch any Georgia games so I don't know if this was the case, but if it was it would certainly help to have Bryan Thomas and/or Sean Ellis oppsite of him to draw double teams away. The only thing I don't like much about him is his apparent weakness against the run, which I've heard in a few scouting reports. However, I don't know how important an OLB in the 3-4 is to stopping the run, so this may be a non-issue because we do need a speed rusher opposite Thomas.

18. JetsLookingforDWare

Well, learning to stop the run is a big deal for a 3-4 linebacker. Still, it's a skill that bulking up and getting stronger as well as good coaching can develop. Moses is one of those guys who can gain another 10-15 and still keep his great speed and athleticism.

19. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

At the end of the day, the Combine will determine where Quentin and many other players will go.

20. csw572

csw572 Banned

lets go jets