Qb watch-2018

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Despite all the hype for Darnold, I think Rosen will the first Qb chosen. If the Jets aren't careful, we won't have any opportunity to draft this kid. I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with one of the other Qb's.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Get that QB..not sure which one

But it's like gravy with your mashed patatoes to me

3. Cman68

Don't get your hopes up for the cream of the crop Qb's. Prepare to be either underwhelmed by a lower tier Qb prospect OR Macc drafting BPA-D again.

4. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

I would take the last pick for a new owner who hires a competent gm

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If we have pick 1-5 and Mac goes BPA-D I'm done.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

ask Buffalo how that worked out for them

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Which year Buffalo team? Are you referring to when Jim Kelly was the Bills' QB and they lost 3 SBs? If so, their D was not mediocre.

They haven't had an unstoppable offense since then.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

*4 SBs

Cman68 likes this.
  9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Is Darnold even that good? I mean every time I watch him he looks like shit.

10. Cman68

Even losing 4SB's is better than only being in 1 almost 50 years ago.

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Not sure. The question should be: is he as good as some of the other highly rated QB's out there? I saw the opening minutes of the game last night. They showed two guys holding up a #14 Jets jersey with Darnold's name on it, LOL. On the opening drive WSU QB Falk was great. He marched them down to about the 30, got flushed out of the pocket and threw a pass into the end-zone just before he hit the sideline. At first, it looked like the pass was overthrown, however, on replay it showed the ball went right through the leaping receivers hands. It was a great throw and would have been a tough catch, but the ball should have been caught. They settled for a FG. On the following USC series, Darnold marched them down the field, mostly on runs by him and the back. Darnold ran the ball for a TD from about the 4. For a guy his size, he's a very good runner and looks very tough to bring down. I see why they compare him to Roethlisberger. At this point, I went to sleep. Woke up to see that WSU upset USC and Falk had the better stats. So, your question is a legitimate one.

MJK likes this.
  12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Yea I know he has a lot of talent but I'm starting to think that he may just be one of a handfull of really good QB prospects coming out this year rather than the no brainer number 1 pick...with that being said not sure it would be the end of the world if we got the 2nd or 3rd pick.

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Barkeley is so good he may end up going first overall. Maybe picking top 3 works out after all.

14. westiedog1

I read one guy's recap of the game and he said he thought Darnold's arm strength was overrated. It's hard to imagine a guy 6'5" 230 and not having a strong arm but it is cause for alarm if you think of all the QB's to come out of USC since Carson Palmer: Leinert, Sanchez, Barkley, Booty, Kessler to name a few. They were successful throwing in So. Cal. but none of these guys have made it in the NFL so far, and arm strength might be the reason. I hope the Jets do their due diligence in evaluating their pick because playing in the elements of the East Coast is not like playing in sunny CA. Jets don't need another Chad Pennington.

#54 westiedog1, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I honestly think Josh Allen is a huge possibility. Mac obviously does not care much about statistics (see Christian Hackenberg). Josh Allen has the best arm strength in the upcoming draft. He has a very good character (see Christian Hackenberg). He is talented in a lot more aspects than our former 2nd rounder and is a tough SOB. He's not Darnold or Rosen but with us winning 2-3 more games it is realistic he will be there at our pick.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Darnold was without 3 starting offensive linemen and I think a WR was hurt. So it stands to reason he didn't look good last night. He still IMO is the best prospect. I like Rosen, then Rudolph then Allen. Jackson and the Auburn kid are the 3rd tier for me.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Sam has not played well this year and certainly has not lived up to the hype. Because of his sub par play, I don’t think there is any question that he will remain in college after this season.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I wrote these posts back in January. I'm saving them for next year; I'll just cut Darnold's name and paste in the next hyped prospect. :D

(A small but important note: I'm not saying Darnold is a bust, he can easily bounce back. I'm saying for the love of Namath stop trying to project prospects a year in advance.)

19. westiedog1

That's true, however, one would think being that it's USC, one of the top programs in the nation, the next guys up would be adequate at the very least. In any event, to Darnold's credit, he did not offer that as an excuse in post game interviews that I read.

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't follow college ball but I heard a few guys on radio today putting Allen over Rosen. I may watch a few games to see these 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Allen) to see what they offer.