QB Hackenberg overhauling throwing motion

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, May 4, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

jets would drug test him to find out if hes taking acid

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

And probably discover instead that he's taking the blue pill and St. John's Wort.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Good for Hack, go down swinging

4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I see NCJETSFAN finally got around to helping Hack! It's about time!
    Now he might be able to put the ring around the bottle at the county fair!!!
    Scoot over Sam, real competition is on the way!!!

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I understand there's a moose up there that has his eyes on you.

TwoHeadedMonster and LF911SC like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But surely the Jets' highly esteemed QB coach knew, right?

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Sounds like an old lady, grandma twat. With a bad yeast infection.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about Hackenberg

9. boozer32

Everyone on this board had their preferred favorite to draft. All four will be judged from here on out.

10. boozer32

I was just saying we tried the wait and see approach. Go out on the ledge Jets brass and start the kid. Its football throwing and catching, not brain surgery. Every year sitting and watching is one less of development.

11. boozer32

Well, they halfway did the rebuild because they had plenty of veterans on the Jets. That is why they should have played Petty and Hackenberg. What do the team and fans know about Hackenberg? Maybe we didn't have to trade up in the draft and take another QB. But by not playing him it just added to the confusion of why can't he play at all. 2 games, last game of the season what was the dire reason this kid could not suit up and play? So enough with that and that is why I say Darnold should be playing right off the bat. They can't sell any more rebuilds and hand holding at the QB position to the fans. Maybe its time to start pointing fingers at some coaches that could get this kid ready to play for 3 years.

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Well you're right, we needed to see what we have in our two young QBs last year. You don't get drafted in the second round to not play a snap, but as soon as the Jets drafted Hack he became a sunk cost. Last year we clamored for Petty to play and he looked terrible when he got the chance and my guess is Hack would have been worse. Who cares you might think, put him in there because this team last year wasn't going anywhere anyway. Unfortunately thats not how coaches and the players see it. Benching arguably the most popular guy in the locker room for player who can't seem to get his throwing motion together would have hurt team chemistry. The entire metropolitan area knows Hack is a bust, so I don't think Mac is necessarily hanging onto him to "save face". The upside of having a 6'5" young QB with a cannon arm turn things around is intriguing even though the chances of that happening dwindle every day that passes.

#72 Quinnenthebeast, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  13. boozer32

I wasn't saying he had to start 10 games. I just wanted to see him play and sink or swim. It would have made things much clearer. Look at how everyone hated on Petty and wanted him gone. The same could have been done for Hackenberg. Not evaluating him at all in real gameplay just made the Jets look incompetent. So now it put a lot of pressure on the whole organization to trade valuable capital to trade up just to take another QB who might not be any better than Hackenberg. Let's hope he is because this process is getting tiresome. That is why I would start Darnold right away.

14. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I can tell you one thing, if the Jets throw that kid to the wolves with this god awful Jets roster, then they may as well have drafted a punter at pick 3. The roster isn't ready and the kid sure as hell isn't ready, no need to for him to get his ass kicked all season running for his life and chucking it to scrubs.

TwoHeadedMonster and boozer32 like this.
  15. LF911SC

I hear you but they have the advantage of seeing him in practice on a daily basis. The whole staff does. If he's that bad that they won't put him on the field it's really bad. You have to trust that a group of coaches don't believe he can play in the NFL yet. There is no reason to play him because fans want to see what he is. And as bad as all of this sounds, they weren't passing on a Darnold. If no one believes he can fill in for an injured starter, there's no way they thought he could be the answer moving forward, long term. Sounds great but let's face it, Macc took a shot, I'm sure he knew the risk. It didn't work out and it's time to move on for too many reasons

101GangGreen101, boozer32 and FJF like this.
  16. boozer32

LOL. The way the Jets are taking their sweet time getting some talent on this team we may never see the exact moment when they can play him. Macc seems to attack the weaknesses on this team the next year. Last year two safeties, this year cornerbacks, next year will we finally get a G/T. Darnold has to play this year or else some other head coach will start him next year.

17. LF911SC

Actually the conversation was about Hack. Thanks for making me go back to check if I was losing it, lol.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're always losing. No need to check.

19. Since when was throwing motion ever the problem?He actually had decent mechanics last TC.Footwork was better,quick release & improved ball placement.

Guy simply cannot command an offense,,handle a pass rush or play w any sense of confidence

tbruner12 likes this.
  20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Sounds like a problem, or someone just pulled out. Either way, you need to write more. Lol