Pros and Cons of pre week 17 dismissal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 4, 2018.

1. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

Yes, he needs to go tomorrow. This team has packed it in. Let's not further demotivate our young players with this sinking ship.

I would not mind giving Kevin Greene a chance. It'd be nice to see some emotion on the sideline.

dmarz45 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The only problem with that is if the team won several games under Greene, not only would it screw up our draft position, but Woody would be likely to hire him as our new HC and keep Mac.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well SOMEBODY has to act as HC!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Firing Bowles tomorrow is too long to wait. He shouldn't leave the clubhouse still employed.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

True, but at this point in time, even though Bowles deserves to be fired today, I hope that Chris will just wait until the season is over. I'm confident that if Bowles remains as HC, that we'll lose out and wind up with a great draft ranking. OTOH, I am concerned what would happen to the players and team if Bowles continues. The problem is that Bowles, Bates and Rodgers ALL deserve to go now, and the Jets can't fire them all now. If Bowles is fired, I don't think it would change Bates horrific play calling, so in terms of helping the team and Sam, I don't think it would. Rodgers would still be the DC and Bates still the OC. Maybe if Rodgers is fired and Bowles takes back over the D, the D will at least play better.

6. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Yeah KG is my vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Why not make K.C. Rodgers head coach. That will accomplish both.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Pros: Too many to count

Cons: None

Mr. Johnson, it's time. Any delay is being derelict in your duty as the leader of the Jets organization.

#FireBowles

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Hopefully I’m right. This was the game I targeted for a Bowles firing.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The only con I can think of is that a firing gets the players fired up enough to win a few more games which puts them out of the sweepstakes for the top LT prospect.

11. Hayden

Hayden Active Member

There’s no real benefit to keeping a coach that has very clearly lost his team, I would happily pack his bags for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This team played badly because they WANT a change

They all think like Bart Scott..they need some new direction

Fire all of them now including the nitwit Macagnan..oh I forgot..history will remember you (MM) for having the stones to make a move for Sam D

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This situation is bad..prob the worst I've seen in a while..

IMO we can't quibble about wins and losses going forward..or even concerning a draft position

We as fans need to know the owners are listening...players need to get some hope of a change for better coaching than the high school level crap they have now

14. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Anybody but Bowles. And promote the water boy to offensive coordinator while we’re at it. Lol but seriously I always liked Greene as a player I’d wouldn’t be against promoting him to interim hc

15. NCJetsfan

Huh? How would that accomplish anything? Rodgers is the LAST guy who deserves or I'd want as HC.

16. NCJetsfan

You're right. The Jets can't worry about draft position at this point. They HAVE to fire Bowles now. or risk ruining/losing what good young players they have and returning the Jets to being the laughingstock of the league and a job that no one would want or where no FA would want to sign. Do it, Chris Johnson, fire Bowles NOW!!!

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

fire bowles and rogers today!!!!:mad: make greene the interim hc. let the qb coach run the offense. make mc cown the new qb coach , activate webb and play him.
    keep sam out until 100% healthy. find guys off the street who can block, cover, catch, and actually improve on what is currently on the roster.
    after today, that will not be hard to do. the bills are already doing it. you saw the proof with your own eyes.

ColoradoContrails and Sandman like this.
  18. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

This has got to be the worst Jets team I have ever watched. No Fight. No idea. Simple minded coaches with no emotion and no inventiveness in their play calling. Its so damn hard to watch. So bloody hard. They are so bad right now. Not even a punchers chance of winning a game. I would be surprised if we pick up another win this season. I Fear the game against Brady. We are going to get trashed.

This is all on Bowles. His lack of fire. His constant excuses, the same thing he says every week. He needs to go. I cannot listen to him in interviews anymore. Nice he may be. But accountable to his own mistakes he is and they have to get rid. The only reason I can think that they dont fire him is that they made him some sort of promise about playing out the season so reduce the cap and then give him some tools next season.

At this point I would be happy if they fired the OC and the DC at least. I preferred to clean my apartment today whilst listening to the game in the back ground it was so hard to watch. I feel for the guys at the stadium. Especially with so many Bills fans sitting around them.

We are almost back to paper bags on our heads.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We don't have a QB coach.

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

leader? :mad::confused::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

NCJetsfan likes this.