Priest Holmes

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by phubbadaman, Feb 28, 2006.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Chiefs | Holmes pondering retirement?
    Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:03:30 -0800

ESPNews reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (neck) is reportedly considering retirement.

I have no fear that Priest will play again next year. Since Retirement is equal to Hermans training camp, he should have no problems!

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

It's actually a very sad story. Here was a guy at the top of his profession, at the top of his game, and then BLAMO, his career is over and he's not even missed because the guy replacing him is just as good.

One of his career highlights, and maybe even his signature play, was the TD to win the game at the swamp versus the J E T S. We watched that one from seats near the escalator because it was apparent they were going right down the field on our swiss cheese defense.

3. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

hey thats insulting!
    swiss cheese is tasty!

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't think it's a sad story. The guy is on the other side of 30, started at RB in a Super Bowl victory (that is correct- he did officially start over Jamal Lewis), broke the NFL single season touchdown record, and made millions of dollars.
    He goes down as one of my favorites and his was a good story.

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I wasn't mocking Priest. I'm sure he isn't happy about having his late blooming career ended. He did have a problem staying healthy the last few years though. Maybe if someone told him as the #2 back behind Larry Johnson he will see the ball exactly 12 times during the year, he will ride the pine and make a few mill.

6. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Priest Holmes was one of the best HB of this generation. Its a sad way hes going out with injuries. Priest before injuries from the 2002-2003 season to 2004-2005 was argueably the best running back in the NFL. I hope Priest gets to live a normal life after football.

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

You know the older you get and great players like this one start to retire you cant help but think how lucky we were to watch them play the game we love so much. I wish him all the best if he does retire.

8. GreenMachine

He can't retire. Herm needs to be able to play injured RB's into the ground..

9. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i think priest is still one of the better rbs in the league, if i were him id ask the chiefs if i could go somewhere else.

i would say ravens for a few years to end his career but the jets would be nicer ( idont care if hes 30+ and bad legs, HES PRIEST HOLMES)

10. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Thats a real shame. He was a great player and was in his prime. Its sad to see great players with good class have their careers ended with injuries.

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I wonder if, given the Chiefs lack of success despite scoring prolificly under Dick Vermeil, Priest Holmes will be remembered in the eyes of history. He didn't play as a top back for very long, but he was a force to be reckoned with.

12. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

ya think? you break you neck, you retire. It should be an instintive reaction.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's the saddest thing about this sport. Money cures all ills and all that; but surely there are times when athletes feel part of their soul is missing when they can't play, a shackled body being a shackled spirit. So I reckon they work through it mentally and emotionally by putting it in perspective (i.e. not dying, not paralyzed), but still... Look at Bo Jackson. A crying shame if there ever was one. Ugh.

14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

it definately is sad to see priest retire. To try and come back from that serious of an injury would be foolish. In the nfl you are always one wrong hit from a serious inury he had his and he is still able to be fully functional. if i were hime i would thank god that it is not any worse.