President or VP of Football Operations...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 21, 2018.

?

Do we need a Football Boss to oversee the operation of this franchise

1. Yes we do!

83.9%
  2. No we don't!

4.8%
  3. I like beer!

24.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

What about Newsome? He's going to retire from his role at the end of 2018 with Ravens,
    I know it's a long shot but instead of GM he can be given a role as VP of football operations.

Instead of doing the work himself, he can create the blueprint for how to build the team and GM can carry it out.

While he may stay with Ravens in some capacity, doesn't hurt to at least reach out and make an offer.

#81 Red Menace, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think the biggest obstacle to getting a VP of Football ops is getting the Organization to admit and accept that they're not up to doing the job themselves. Although we've seen proof of this over the years of the Mac/Bowles regime or even the Johnson reign, the rationale they'll use is that its "a work in progress".

Red Menace likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Think the problem with the Johnsons is that they believe that their love for the team will steer them towards the correct decisions. In reality, I think the contrary has happened (reuniting with Revis is 1 example).

The Jets need someone who is not emotionally attached to decisions for personnel.

The Johnsons’ love for the team can be emphasized in so many other ways. The team has taken huge strides engaging with the community — the Johnsons shine here. They should focus more on this stuff and let personnel be handled by someone else.

Red Menace and Cman68 like this.