President or VP of Football Operations...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 21, 2018.

?

Do we need a Football Boss to oversee the operation of this franchise

1. Yes we do!

83.9%
  2. No we don't!

4.8%
  3. I like beer!

24.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your bolded statement is not true at all. I wanted Belichick as many on the Jets board where I was posting at the time wanted him, plus many others on other Jets boards I read. He was an experienced HC and a topnotch defensive coordinator. Even though he had his struggles in Cleveland, he would have kept credibility with the Jets rather than hiring another novice HC.

The Jets are the biggest joke. They are the ONLY major sports franchise NEVER to have had their own stadium. They have always been treated like a second class, red-headed stepchild (as the old saying goes). Aside from their one shining moment in NFL history, they have been the laughingstock of the NFL for most of their history. The Titans were awful, a total joke. They became the Jets, had some success under Weeb, then the team was sold to the buffoon Leon Hess. Somehow, they got a great team, had a great HC in Michaels and he was fired. Even though Joe Walton was a booger-picking knucklehead, he had the team very competitive and was better than most of the clueless twats that have manned the Jets' sidelines. Most of our GMs have been laughingly awful. I don't think we need to do a rundown of all the busts in Jets' draft history. Parcells brought some credibility to the Jets for a couple of years, then he went senile on us, quit, and left us with Tanny and Bradway. Woody Johnson bought the team and its been mostly butt fumbles and assclowns for HCs since then. The NFL shouldn't threaten to fold this franchise, they should just do it.

#61 NCJetsfan, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

To say people were on board with BB is a pure rewrite of history. No one wanted him. He was fired and turn to shreds by Modell. Beningo had his overnight good and killed Hess for the agreement. Every forum I was on included a contingent of Parts fans, of all people, ridiculing the Jets for signing him.

Who gives a damn about their own stadium is sharing stadium? What's the difference? Other than a few weak fans who can't stop being envious of others, especially the Giants don't seem to get how much sense it makes to split costs given we only play 8 scheduled games out of each year. Never have heard a Giant fan whine that they share the stadium with us. They don't care that they've been sharing a stadium with the Jets for over 30 years. But that's because they don't have an inferiority completely that fans like you have. Think Rams or Charger fans will whine about sharing a stadium? Nope. Red headed stepchild? That's pathetic, we're not treated differently, stadiums Green for Jet games, blue for Giants. When the Jets have been better than the Giants theyve treated well.

You obviously know nothing about the history of the Giants, Titans and the Jets. Or the definition of laughingstock.

#62 LF911SC, Jan 25, 2018
    BrowningNagle and Attackett like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

No, it isn't!!! Don't tell me what I know to be true isn't!!! Maybe on the board you were posting or your friends and family were against it, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that many Jets fans were in favor of it. They only turned against Belichick when he bolted to the Patriots.

So Joe Benigno is the basis of your opinion? ROFLMAO That figures.

If you can't understand the impact of not having their own home, then I can't help you. I'm not gonna waste my time trying to explain it to you. You're obviously too dense to get it anyway.

Based on the tone of your response, there's no point in having any further discussions on any topic, because it's abundantly clear that we will never agree on anything.

I know nothing of the history of the Jets and Titans? ROFLMFAO!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. LF911SC

The tone you noticed was imaginary as is your view of the red headed stepchild.

#64 LF911SC, Jan 25, 2018
    TonyFtLaud, FJF and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What’s Pennington doing these days? I’d entrust him with the keys to the franchise if Manning says no.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Expect a private message

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well both received a private message thru me. :(

Ralebird and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s the one I was talking about sheriff. Not the weather thread but what days are your travel days for the weekend?

Brook! likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Now that Big Dick Decker is gone, we got Big Dick Brook

No homo btw

BrowningNagle, FJF and Brook! like this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Oh. I missed that. :) Flying February 2nd from La Guardia to Chicago. Returning from Chicago to La Guardia on February 5th.

I don't really have a politically correct answer to this message. Lol.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The rest of us were to drunk to read past line 1 !!!!!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

Why would Woody possibly consider getting rid of Neil Glat ? He has nothing to do with the football side of things, strictly the business end and the franchise value has more than doubled since he has been here, making Woody over 1 billion dollars.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  13. Vida

Vida Active Member

You're being pretty generous with your definition of a FQB

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Why? Because he's just another piece of the losing culture around here. They haven't won shit since Glat's been on board. Also part of his job responsibilities includes all stadium and marketing matters. The stadium is a drab hole and their marketing is crap along with all the PSL stupidity that they pulled. Just a poorly run organization from top to bottom. The franchise value doubling has more to due with the market for owning an NFL team skyrocketing than anything that Glat or Woodrow have done to increase its value. If you're gonna clean house, get rid of everyone. Unfortunately this doesn't extend to Woody himself.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

How so? How do you define FQB? IMO it isn't necessarily a top 5 or top 10 "elite" QB. A FQB is merely a very good QB and quality starter who can be the face of the franchise and offer stability at the most important position for the next 10-15 years. He isn't someone that's going to cost your team a lot of games with dumb mental mistakes and turnovers.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

Lol.
    In spite of everything you mentioned, the Jets have become more profitable with Glatt as president, he again has zero to do with the football side of things. Maybe we should fire the stadium staff, parking attendants, vendors and the flight crew while we're at it.

LF911SC likes this.
  17. Vida

Vida Active Member

Watson, Carr, Goff and Mariota are all potential FQB's but they've only really had 1 really good season each. Any of them could end up on the pile of failed QB's who've had one or two good seasons and then fallen off a cliff and ended up doing the rounds as a backup or worse.

FJF likes this.
  18. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I'll just say at least Bruce Allen isn't our team president

19. LF911SC

It's pretty easy to argue when you blame things that don't fall under Glats control like w&l's on Glat and don't credit him for the positives, like increased team value, revenue, etc.

20. NCJetsfan

That's fair, but I would be shocked if that happened to Carr or Mariota. I don't think it will happen to Goff or Watson, either, but imo they're more likely to wind up on the pile of failed QBs than Carr or Mariota.

Vida likes this.