Preseason Game #2 Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 18, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No we watch real football. that euro crybaby diveball sucks

legler82 likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Petty and Mahomes are in different leagues in terms of talent that should be evident by where they were drafted in their respective drafts and where they are currently in their teams depth charts. Petty is at the bottom of the depth chart because McCown has more experience and Hackenberg more potential. He's not being punished for being aggressive. Unfair as it is, his fate this year was decided before training camp started. Lastly, I don't hate Petty; I just don't think he is quality starter material. That's not a controversial position for one to take about a QB drafted in the 4th round. Based on where he was drafted, it would appear that EVERY team in the NFL felt the same way.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's the track record yes

But Philosophically with good GM and scouting it works

4. NYJetsO12

Mac continues in a long line of Bad Decision Makers working for this idiot organization who cant evaluate QB talent

I am watching the Steelers play and from top to bottom they know what what they are doing fielding great teams with low end drafts year after year...hmmm just like other Organization in NE

We are never winning with the Fan base and Management believing points are scored on Defense...SMH 1000xs

The OL and QB ...simple formula

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. You've gotta have acouple difference makers on the boundary in today's game as well.There have been many playoff type years where the OL was great & QB was decent when our downfall in O was lack of playmakers. You need quality & balance at all levels

It gets overshadowed by QB but ever since Parcells arrival this team has struggled finding a dynamic(quite often competent) boundary attack it has not been a offseason priority in quite awhile but for misses like Stephen Hill,Jace Amaro & Devin Smith. nothing wrong w going OL & the QB issue speaks for itself..but let's not forget who actually catches the ball,makes the plays & scores the points after the ball is thrown

TonyFtLaud, NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets don't have an Andy Reid to teach the young QB. Jets would restrict his game and ultimately would make him regress.

NYJetsO12, FJF, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My thoughts on the game personally (as I just watched some of the game), Ben Ijalana and Jonotthan Harrison played during the first quarter. Shell, not sure if he's going to be the guy going forward, you don't see Beachum out there playing much. This line is grade A trash, the outside is completely open. Mac, per the draft may have missed out on lineman, but that's no excuse for letting Mangold go without a true replacement and signing Ijalana. Ijalana is getting paid 11M to do what? People want to blame Bowles for everything, but that's a pretty bad mark on Mac.

Mahomes, Hack or anyone won't do much on the Jets if there isn't at least a shot to get the ball down the field. The QB is worrisome, but how are the Jets going to repair this line?

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The Chicago Bears organization certainly did not agree with you. Andy Reid who knows a thing or two about QBs doesn't agree with you, in fact he liked the QB talent so much he gave up a future 1st to get him, the QB we passed on. Bill O'Brien? Nope also disagreed with you and also gave up a future 1st for a QB we passed on. I would think O'Brien knows more about QBs than anyone in the Jets organization, plus you and all your so called experts.

ColoradoContrails and tbruner12 like this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah and when they all flop and the GMs and coaches grt fired, ill be waiting for you to admit how right i was. Chicago is such a well run organization these days, the 49ers laughed when they realized they wanted a qb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Attackett

Only time will tell. 49ers may have laughed yet they sit here entering the season with Brian Hoyer as their starting QB while some rookie is all the talk in Chicago and earning the starting QB job by solid play and showing all the potential in the world.

Either way each of the 3 teams at this point have a much brighter future than the Jets do. Mac better hope that changes by this time next year or he'll pay for it with his job.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

man its gonna be a long and entertaining year.

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  12. forevercursed

lol this is absurd. Trubisky and Kizer are nothingburgers. The Jets have a way better defense now than either of those teams and next year the Jets will be selecting a better QB than Trubisky and Kizer

13. forevercursed

oh the organization that put all their eggs in the Jay Cutler basket right. Gonna take QB development lessons from them.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well i think many teams, not counting Chicago are hoping to tank honestly. I dont think this jets team is as bad as everyone thinks. I think a decent qb and an oline rebuild, and this team is very competitive. Without them, theyre gonna look bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. Attackett

We have a better D than the Chiefs or Texans?? In what world?

Like I said, Mac better hope the Jets are in position to draft a better QB and that there will be a better QB available, both unknowns at this point. He gets either of those wrong his days as a GM will be over for good.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree. We all know how conservative Bowles is, how risk averse he and probably the whole Jets organization is following Geno and Sanchez. I think Mac's drafting Petty was a mistake, not because Petty can't play, but because the Jets do not want a gunslinger type QB in the likes of Favre.

Based on where Brady was drafted (6th round) every NFL didn't think he'd be a quality starting QB. They were wrong before, and I think they (and you) are wrong about Petty now. I'm not saying that he's Brady, but I think he (Petty) definitely belongs in the NFL and is a quality starting-caliber QB. He's smart, has a great work ethic, has great leadership, has a great arm, is smart to involve many different receivers, and has the ability to build chemistry with them. Most people wrote him off because of the system he played in and where he was drafted. I don't think there is that big a difference in the talent between Petty and Mahomes. Both have strong, accurate arms. The thing that Mahomes has that Petty and no other QB has is that the can throw the ball accurately from all kinds of crazy arm angles, whereas Petty and other QB have to have the proper mechanics.

ColoradoContrails and PulseJet like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree regarding the 2017 draft and most everything else in your post. Most of the OL in the 2017 draft were hot trash. Mac would have been wasting draft picks to take them. Where I will agree with you regarding the OL and the draft, is that he should have addressed the OL in the 2016 draft.

Also, at the time Mac re-signed Ijalana, the Jets had NO ONE who could play LT and I don't think Beachum was even available yet. FA wasn't very good for OLs, especially LTs, either. The best LT available in FA was 38 years old. You and other Jets fans would have screamed if Mac signed Whitworth and paid a bunch of money to an LT that old, and you would have screamed if he had no LT at all. Ijalana was and is insurance.

Mangold was obviously done. No other team has even had him in for a workout. That should tell you something. Now you could criticize Mac for not drafting a center in the 2017 or 2016 draft, and that would be fair.

18. legler82

This argument is so ridiculous. Jets fans need treatment for battered wife syndrome. Whoever it is that did this to you is gone now; you're allowed to have nice things.

19. NYJetsO12

The problem as I see it is stranglehold Bowles has on Macagnan as far as player selection goes

You would think a GM has some final say on players but because TB "does the Coaching " he makes the call on who takes the field....no search for a Center last draft ???go ask HC/mr clueless why

I would hate to have Bowles as part of my brain trust for so many obvious reasons but the way Woody set the org up this what plays out

We all think MM is the lone decision maker for player selection but it's unfair in many ways to be cutting up Mac because I am sure TB has a big dopey hand in this mess

20. legler82

First off, I don't consider Petty a gunslinger. That aside, Mahomes has better arm talent, is more accurate and has better ball placement regardless of arm angles, standing or on the move, is more athletic, has better pocket awareness and mobility and left college younger with a higher football IQ. Petty had to redshirt as freshman than spent 3 more years as a back-up to RGIII then Nick Florence, a guy who wasn't even drafted. Conversely, Mahomes beat out Davis Webb, the returning sophomore starter and future 3rd round pick, as a true freshman. All that adds up to Mahomes being a way more talented player and better prospect. No doubt, the consensus opinions on these 2 may be completely wrong but they were not formulated without empirical evidence.

Attackett likes this.