Predict the 2017 Jets Record:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 3, 2017.

?

What will the 2017 Jets record be?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2017.
  1. (10-6) or Better

4.5%
  2. (9-7)

0.9%
  3. (8-8)

0.9%
  4. (7-9)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. (6-10)

7.2%
  6. (5-11)

6.3%
  7. (4-12)

26.1%
  8. (3-13)

23.4%
  9. (2-14) or Worse

30.6%
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If, and this is a HUGE IF, unless one of our young Qb's suddenly "gets it" and starts playing lights out, winning more than 4 games is counterproductive in the long term. Assuming there's more than 3 highly talented Qb's available but no more than perhaps 6, we really can't afford to sneak up on a team like the Broncos, Chargers, and god forbid the Patriots at the end of the season. I could see Belichek playing his scrubs after winning homefield throughout the playoffs and somehow, we beat them and fuck ourselves out of a top 6 pick like when we beat Tennessee.

#41 Cman68, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    ColoradoContrails and NY Jets68 like this.
  2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Im gonna screenshot this and look at it on a rough day.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

during a snowstorm perhaps..

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

My head tells me 1 or 2 wins, but being a Jets fan and knowing we will end up in Draft Purgatory, I will say 4-12

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I hope your right. I just didn't see much to be enthusiastic about during the preseason.
    I need to try to keep more upbeat. Got alot of stress right now and I think it's coming out in my postings. Have a very serious medical issue I'm dealing with and was really hoping to see this team accomplish that ultimate goal....
    Still hoping they accomplish it for all Jets fans. Just don't know if I will be here to see it.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your medical issue! I hope that it can be resolved soon!

The thing about preseason is that the rookies were just getting their feet wet and didn't play that much, so didn't get in a rhythm or flow. They're still getting to know their teammates and adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

I didn't get to see any of the games live, only videos of highlights, but if they were like most preseason games, then the Ds were also mostly vanilla. If that's true, then I think a team like the Jets will look a lot worse. I think the success of this D depends a lot on the scheme, disguising coverages, blitzes, trying to seek favorable matchups, etc., and little of that was happening so as not to give away too much. There will be some rough bumps in the road and rookie mistakes, but unless Rodgers and Bowles are just totally incompetent, I think the D will be playing at a pretty high level by later in the season, if not mid-season until they get tired. I hope that Rodgers and Bowles plan to rotate their players a lot, keeping everyone involved, active, contributing. Buck Showalter used to do that with the Yankees to great effect and Dabo Sweeney does that with Clemson to great effect. I think it would particularly be effective with a young, hungry team like the Jets, and will help keep them fresher.

edray10 likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your medical troubles. I hope it turns out better than you fear. That puts football in perspective, despite how worked up we all get over it.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The simple - and upsetting - fact is, that if the Jets don't lose all their games, they can't control their own destiny in the draft. Whoever the consensus #1 QB is, if they don't get the 1st pick then it's crossed fingers, rosaries, and voodoo dolls time, hoping they somehow can get their guy. And after going through what's going to be a horrible season, to have to deal with that will be unbearable. OTH, going through a 0-16 season is unthinkable. It's gonna be a tough year no matter what. The best I can hope for is they win no more than 3 games, but they're competitive in most of the losses and the team shows steady improvement, but I think it's going to be much more of a roller coaster than that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Zero victories or stay in purgatory ...bleak statement from a fan from forever but a needed reality today

Mr McCown Peake Hackenberg Kearst and Leo W go entertain me for 60 minutes Between the goal posts....

BUT NO TDs ...A field goal?? Meh..

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

4 wins - just enough to ensure we don't get the QB prospect we want

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

While I am optimistic that the D will be better than last year, we're no better at CB than they were last year, should be better at S and will be as good, or better, up front, if Mo finds the desire to take off fewer plays - however, that unit is going to be on the field a LONG time every game. Plus, the special teams have been atrocious the last 6 years, outside of Folk and now he's gone and I have no clue what his replacement will be. Based on the roster, regardless of who's under center, I believe the O is going to be as bad as we've ever seen here - and that's saying a lot. Throw in the buffoon that is Bowles and I see no way they go any better than 2-14...

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, @RobA is so ridiculous for predicting and hoping that his favorite team does well. What a bad fan! No one wants to see any light, the darkness is much more fun, right Jets fans? I hope he is right or even close to right. That would be awesome.

hwismer likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I don't even care if I get called out for wanting us to lose, but i'm hoping for a 2-14 or 3-13 season, a record that is good enough to secure the number one pick, and also secure some change within the organization.

No amount of progress or core players can make up for not having a QB. Whether Petty or Hack amount to anything, you cannot pass on a top rated QB and if the likes of Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, or Sam Darnold are there you have to take them.

Our defense should be improved from last year but I don't think we stand a chance in most games, not because I think our talent level is bad on D, but they will have to play a major portion of the game as our offense will go 3 and out quite often. I can see us splitting with the bills, maybe beating the browns and maybe jacksonville.

14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets will win 2 games. One in week one vs the Bills, and the other in week 17 vs Pats when Belichick rest all his starters with the top seed in the AFC wrapped up. Jets will pick 2 in the upcoming 2018 Draft behind the one win Bills. Jets get the Ryan Leaf of the 2018 quarterback class. Sheldon Richardson wins NFL Defensive Player of the Year after winning the Super Bowl with the Seahawks. Rich Cimini writes a typical Dick article rubbing our noses in the turd that was the Jets 2017 season. Mac and Bowles get fired. Jets hire someone to spend all thier cap space up at the start of free agency.

15. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

This is of course, our best case scenario.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#56 Walt White, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Can't wait!

18. TonyFtLaud

Thank you both for the well wishes.
    Football has been an outlet for me for a long time. If you can believe it, the Jets have kept me "sane" for a while....
    How's that for perspective. Lol.......

19. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Well looks like Taylor is out for Sunday and Nate Peterman will start....tank job already in jeopardy. lol

20. TonyFtLaud

Tay
    Taylor and Yates both returned to practice today and are in the Final stages of the Concussion Protocol, cold be cleared as soon as tomorrow or wed.