Predict the 2017 Jets Record:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 3, 2017.

?

What will the 2017 Jets record be?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2017.
  1. (10-6) or Better

4.5%
  2. (9-7)

0.9%
  3. (8-8)

0.9%
  4. (7-9)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. (6-10)

7.2%
  6. (5-11)

6.3%
  7. (4-12)

26.1%
  8. (3-13)

23.4%
  9. (2-14) or Worse

30.6%
  1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Little to no chance that Taylor plays this Sunday because of a concussion along with Yates - so Peterman will be pressed into action - a rookie 5th round selection. All the Jets need to do is to ring his bell a couple for times - Bills backups are non-existent. Look for the D to do many stunts and gap blitz's, if Bowles is smart.

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Week 1: @ Bills - W (I think we win this one comfortably. McCown plays a safe game, defense makes some plays, Bills offense can't move the ball.)
    Week 2: @ Raiders - L (We always struggle here, even in the years that Oakland was terrible.)
    Week 3: vs Dolphins - W (We win our home opener, fan base starts to get excited with our 2-0 divisional record to start the year.)
    Week 4: vs Jaguars - W (A close game with McCown throwing a pick or two, but we find a way.)
    Week 5: @ Browns - W (Browns come in motivated, but McCown throws 3 TD passes to beat his former team, two of them to Jalin Marshall. Fan base is STOKED, no one is talking 'tank' anymore.)
    Week 6: vs. Patriots - L (A loss, but no one is losing hope, as this one was expected.)
    Week 7: @ Dolphins - L (Fins get us on the road. Fans starting to worry.)
    Week 8: vs. Falcons - L (This is just an awful matchup for us. 3 straight losses has the fans starting to think about the 'tank' again.)
    Week 9: vs. Bills - W (A sweep of the lowly bills restores hope.)
    Week 10: @ Buccaneers - W (Impressive win right before the bye week. The team and the fans are feeling good at 6-4).
    Week 11: BYE
    Week 12: vs. Panthers - W (Cam is out for the year at this point.)
    Week 13: vs. Chiefs - L (We don't throw six picks, but we don't win either.)
    Week 14: @ Broncos - L (Tough place to play.)
    Week 15: @ Saints - W (Upset over the Saints on the road, playoff picture is becoming clearer and the fans are believing.)
    Week 16: vs. Chargers - W (This sets up a win and in situation next week in Foxboro.)
    Week 17: @ Patriots - W (Jets stun the pats to finish 10-6 and clinch a playoff spot. Possible rematch the following week)

If we pull of the 4-1 start, I think we can roll to 10-6. This team isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks they are.

BomberJet and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

6-10

Just enough to not get one of qb's coming out because...Jets.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

If Petty were starting it would be much easier to cheer for them.

I'll be happy if they win week 1, to get a win out of the way.

3-13 is my pick.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think people forget how football works saying the Jets will go 0-16 or 1-15. The Jets were a complete embarrassment to the league last year and still won 5 games. That was with a cancerous locker room, little to no effort, and a bunch of old guys. Now they are young, hungry, and fresh. Talent just is not there to make a playoff push, but I find it hilarious people call me a homer for picking (5-11).

6. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I went with 6-10. No, it doesn't get us the first overall draft pick, but it let's us have a few happy Sundays, and hopefully it means that some of our younger players are starting to realize their potential. We'd still have a top ten pick, and with how up and down all of these touted colleges QBs are likely to look all year (just look at this past weekend) there may be several worth drafting in the first round, or none.

7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

4-1 is a possibility if they don't pull stinkers at home like they have done in the past.

I think the question remains if the OL can protect McCown - at some point we should expect Petty to play - a long losing streak may be the catalyst.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

4-12 I'm an optimist o_O

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wow! I thought I was becoming a darksider again, but I think the D will be a lot better than you do. I think they'll be in the top half. Where they will be hurt is the fatigue factor because our offense will be so inept. I think that Kony Ealy will help our pass rush a lot, as will the coaching of Greene, and the addition of Dylan Donohue. Yes, the rookies and young players will have some growing pains as they always do, but they also will make plays that we haven't seen in a while. I think our D will score at least 3-4 TDs this year off of pick 6s or fumble recoveries. I think they will also stop other teams with turnovers. I know that's something we're not used to seeing as Jets fans, but I think we have the players now who are adept at that or at least much more adept than the players we've had before, and I think our CS is better and will work on that as well.

I agree that 2-3 wins, with a maximum of 4 wins is realistic.

10. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

My only prediction is 4-1 is a real possibility

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for 2-14 because that should definitely have us in the top 2-3 for a QB pick. However knowing this team we probably go 3-13 or 4-12 and end up picking 4th or 5th and missing out.

12. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

5-11. We suck but not enough to land one of the top qb's and end up with another useless defensive player. The joy of a being a jets fan.

13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bills - W
    Raiders - L (blown out))
    Dolphins - W (Cutler gives us the game)
    Jaguars - W
    Browns - L (bury our heads in the sand)
    Patriots - L
    Dolphins - L
    Falcons - L
    Bills - W (out tank us)
    Bucs - L
    Panthers - L
    Chiefs - L
    Broncos - W (they won't be good)
    Saints - L
    Chargers - W
    Patriots - L

6-10

14. NCJetsfan

I went with 2-14. We may split with Buffalo and Miami, but I doubt we beat either the Jags or Browns. Don't remember off the top of my head if we're playing the Chargers, but may beat them if we are.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

16. NCJetsfan

:rolleyes:o_O SMH at how delusional some people are.

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

For all of you old timers this upcoming season and team remind me a lot of 1977.....a fresh rebuild and a ton of rookies and unknowns....The 1977 season included 3 shutouts - one by the expansion Seahawks. A very inconsistent offense and this years version has even less firepower.

There are 6 games on the schedule I see as possible W's. The Bills games. The home game vs Miami and the Jags the following week. The game in Cleveland and the Dec 24 match up vs the Chargers. They won't win all 6. I say the Jets finish 3-13 and wind up with the # 2 pick.

18. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

2-14
    They will win 2 of the following games: Browns, Jaguars, Bills x 2, Fins x 2, Chargers.
    I wouldn't put the Chargers on here but cross country into cold weather on Christmas eve and hopefully with our young guys coming along nicely works in our favor. I put the 4 division games on here as i don't forsee them going 0-6 in the east, though it could very reasonably happen. i feel the other two are pretty self explanatory. After watching the UCLA game last night all i can say is, Let's get this trainwreck started!!!

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

any record less than 4 wins does it for me. 3, 2, 1, or zero W's will do it.

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member