Predict # of 2014 Starters from this Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, May 10, 2014.

1. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

2 starters for sure...... With another 2 more that will get the opportunity to play a lot...... Amaro, and Calvin Pryor will start, with Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans have a chance to play quite a bit with a good camp

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

2 starters out 12 picks from a very deep draft is not very good unless, of course, you have a stacked roster.

4. cbman13

I said 2 for sure..... I got and idea! Why don't all the negative a**holes go play in traffic? Not everybody is in the business of slamming the door shut before they play a down in the nfl!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Any draft that gives you 3 starters is a homerun.

talisaynon and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. legler82

Interesting idea but I rather just continue post.

7. legler82

-Regardless of the # of picks?
    -You think we got 3?

8. cbman13

Some of us would rather be optimistic than say they all suck before they even get a play book or go through a practice.

9. legler82

Optimistic or not you could have just answered the questions but whatever.

10. cbman13

If he thinks 3 then logically Amaro, Pryor, and either McDougle, or one of Shaq Evans/Jalen Sanders would be my guess.

11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

3 starters, maybe 4 depending on what the receivers can do.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Agree several times over. The Jets have enough to win plenty games....they will win despite almost shooting themselves in the foot this draft! Lol. Talk about don't give up the ship, why the negativity? The wind up is the Jets got some good players: linemen, WRs, TEs, CBs, S, a QB!!, this is like a smorgasbord of players. I am not overjoyed with the uber conservative way the Jets drafted ie we could have been a little more aggressive going after really good players but who knows? I am just going to say we have many potential starters and now let it all play out.

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think 5 will start!

Pryor FS
    Amaro TE
    Dozier G
    Saunders KR/PR
    McDougal CB

DMarsh6 likes this.
  14. 2.Pryor & Amaro...3 if you count PR/KR.That will be either Saunders or Shaq.

I don't view this as a bad thing. Starting rookies isn't always a good thing. It means you lack depth on your roster & cant afford to let guys sit to develop.

Now moving forward beyond 2014? I see several guys who could end up being starters/heavy contributors. And the depth the roster currently boasts is quite impressive.

15. Windeos

Windeos Member

Shhhhh Rockinz, apparently your not allowed to be optimistic that these guys will hopefully turn into good players.....

16. legler82

It could also mean you did not draft starting quality players.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll go with 3 day one starters (4 if you include special teams return people) 7 or so will contribute but as special teams or package players.

Day 1 starters Pryor, Amaro, and I'm going to go with Dozier winning one of the OG positions. And yes I believe Jace will start over Cumberland (unless he has a horrible camp), Cumberlands role will be two TE sets and short yardage. They'll give up the blocking on most plays so as not to tip the hand that a pass is coming or a run is coming.

18. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Perhaps a better question is how many will be on the roster in 4 years. And then how many will still be in the NFL.

Starting day 1, I can see Pryor and Amaro. CB is a tough position, so I'm guessing they ease McDougle into it. While we don't have solidified starters at CB, there is a lot of depth there that will battle it out. Throw in KR/PR, then 3.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'll guess 2 opening day starters.

Pryor they will work in as a starter. i think he'll work with Landry and they'll swap positions interchangeably, with Pryor seeing the bulk of single high S duties as year progresses.
    Amaro will also start right away. neither him or Cumberland have any expertise on the blocking front, so i don't see why they wouldn't just roll with Amaro day 1. He offers more upside in the passing game.

that's about it barring injuries, or a guy really surprising in camp/preseason. It's generally not a good idea to just throw rookies out there. We have a complicated offense and complicated defense. it takes time.

as for the other guys, i like Saunders to get some playing time in the return game, and some snaps in passing game as well.
    McDougle might be eventual replacement for Wilson, and Dozier might be eventual replacement for Colon.
    Late picks might have to find a niche on ST in order to secure a roster spot.

20. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I think Pryor will probably be listed as a starter week 1, and I wouldn't be surprised if we start listing 2 TE's as starters instead of a TE and FB so I figure Amaro makes 2. I think by the end of the season McDougle will be a 3rd starter. I think by 2015 we will include Dozier as a starter as well.

I think our starters will be:
    QB:Geno Smith
    RB: Chris Ivory
    TE: Jeff Cumberland
    TE: Jace Amaro
    WR: Eric Decker
    WR: Stephen Hill
    LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG: Brian Winters
    C: Nick Mangold
    RG: Willie Colon
    RT: Breno Giacomini

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson
    NT: Damon Harrison
    DE: Sheldon Richardson
    OLB: Calvin Pace
    ILB: David Harris
    ILB: DeMario Davis
    OLB: Quinton Coples
    CB: Dimitri Patterson
    S: Antonio Allen
    S: Calvin Pryor
    CB: Dee Milliner

There is a legitimate shot that Quincy Enunwa will make the team over David Nelson in my opinion.