Pre Season 2018 Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Aug 9, 2018.

1. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Derrius Guice tore his ACL. Thought he would be a big part of Was's offense this year

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, that really sucks. I was looking forward to seeing him live next week too. Hopefully he recovers for 2019.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fantasy gods must have known he was on my short list. Usually they wait till I draft him though

Brook! and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

ACLs and teas, name a more iconic NFL Duo.

Such a shame seeing all these early injuries.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Redskins are going to be very bad this year.

6. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I agree...I'm from around DC and all of my friends who are redskins fans were thinking that they might be a playoff team with him and I was a bit confused. Don't particularly see them as better than a 8-8 team even with Guice.

Will be interesting to hear how our practices with them go this week

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

About to watch Josh Rosen for Arizona coming up in less than an hour. 10:00 PM.

Sam Darnold.

Josh Rosen.

Baker Mayfield.
    Josh Allen.

Were how I ranked my big 4 coming in.

Darnold & Saquon were literally the only two offensive players I dreamed of throughout the entire 2017 NCAA/NFL season.

Looking forward to see how everyone's most ready NFL QB in Rosen looks tonight.

8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Paxton Lynch is TERRIBLE but these Minny announcers are just putrid

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Cousins and Diggs were on point for a series ...

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Alex Smith is a good QB. I guess we'll see if they get anything out of Perine/Thompson/Kelley. But those receivers just aren't scaring anybody. They do look pretty weak. Could be a 3-13 type disaster.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It’s stupid that the Broncos traded up to draft Lynch in the same draft we picked Hack and they get nowhere near as much slack as us.

Such is NY.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

True. True.

But in all fairness (for teams looking for a QB) after Goff & Wentz who went 1-2, now looking back there really weren't many options moving forward.

Paxton Lynch (26th).
    Christian Hackenberg (51st).
    Jacoby Brissett (91st).
    Cody Kessler (93rd).
    Connor Cook (100th).

And those were the next 5 QB's taken after Goff & Wentz and imo a crap QB class behind them.

And I don't even know where the likes of Cardale Jones, Kevin Hogan, Nate Sudfeld, Jake Rodock, Brandon Allen, Jeff Driskel and/or Brandon Doughty are as of today.

Yes. Hindsight is always 20/20 but it's now obvious Dallas received the QB steal of the draft in Dak Prescott 135th overall (4th round).

Outside of Wentz/Goff/Prescott there was literally nothing @ QB.

I will say that I wanted Myles Jack (despite injury concern) over Darron Lee, but believe it or not Darron Lee has been the better pro thus far.

Heck outside of Bosa, Ramsey, Neal, Buckner and Floyd, production wise, Darron Lee has actually been one of the better 1st round defensive players from that draft class and still full of high upside & untapped potential.

Overall. Outside of a few players I do not like the 2016 NFL draft. At all.

Tyreek Hill is actually one of my favorite playmakers from 2016.

#52 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Big Cat likes this.
  13. forevercursed

2016 was such a weird draft. Incredible that Lynch was actually mentioned in the same breath as Wentz and Goff.

the 1st round was unimpressive receiver wise. After Lee went there was a run on receivers and none have been all that impressive.

The Fish supposedly got the steal of the draft in Tunsil. He's been mediocre at best. Eli Apple has been a bust.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Vernon Hargreaves out of Florida really hasn't been any better down here in Tampa Bay for the Buccaneers either...

And the pick right before Darron Lee, Shaq Lawson. Has pretty much been a gigantic failure as in can not stay healthy.

Although far from a bust I don't feel Leonard Floyd is worth a top 10 pick (9th).

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Well I'm feeling pretty good about taking Darnold over Rosen right now.

Rosen last night was 6 for 13 for 41 yards. Not really setting the world on fire lol

In his defense, he played with the second strings and his offensive line really was bad. He was constantly under pressure and he seemed to hold his own with that pressure.

I guess we'll see how things pan out as time goes on, but Darnold really looked the part as a starter a couple nights ago, and that makes me very optimistic

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I thought Rosen looked OK when he didn't have to pick the snap off the floor. Horrific OL play for Arizona.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Same, and the coach even acknowledged that at the end of the game.

18. The cards back up OL made the Jets OL look like the 90s cowboys.And thats before the low snaps

That said there were acouple occassions where Rosen couldve alluded pressure and/Or held the ball too long.

I think its fair to chalk it up to the horrid play in front of him however Rosen’s ability under pressure should at least be called into question & he didnt make a single wow throw.Even the completions didnt seem quite right in terms of release or placement.

19. forevercursed

yep. And Lawson has had trouble staying on the field too with a few injuries. He's not much of a factor when I've seen him play. Gets pushed around quite easily as a matter of fact

Pitt did well snagging Artie Burns

20. forevercursed

He looked a bit nervous or even rattled. But you really can't have him playing with the backup line if they're that wretched. Keep the starters in because what they had is so bad he's going to get hurt.

I'd be furious at a coach if our 1st round QB of the future was thrown to the wolves behind that kind of line in a game that doesn't mean anything

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.