Prayers for Any TGG in Texas

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by HomeoftheJets, Aug 27, 2017.

1. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

not to mention some of the audience are the victims

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Of the hurricane, the church, or both?

TommyJ likes this.
  3. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

both, well played!

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I've heard this sentiment many times before when it comes to megachurches and it carries a boatload of validity (sorry, too dumb to multi-quote the relevant posts that followed). It's not as if I disagree one iota. I've also never ignored the brilliance of the dupe. Who am I, really, to question the content of someone else's heart? Nobody. But in his case, I'll do it because I feel like it.

My point is using God to become a fat cat and then you know, Thou Shalt Not Lie . . . and then lie. Tax this bitch. I'm not a Christian, and that comes with a lot of boring caveats, but it's immaterial to the people who are suffering in Houston. Help people with their hands literally and figuratively sticking up out of the water because you're a human fckn being, not because of some bloated self-serving idea of an eternal reward because then you what? Your motives are not pure. If praying is a comfort, regardless of your own deal, then by all means, pray with them and for them in any way that matters to that person or persons.

I've never lied to myself about what I am. Osteen? It's like obscenity. I can't define it, but I know what it is when I see it - even though I curse like a sailor.

Cman68 likes this.