Practice Squad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 3, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

1. Brandon Bryant, Safety. Undrafted in the 2018 NFL supplemental draft, Bryant had a strong ending to the preseason. Could be a factor in the safety rotation by next year.
    2. Frankie Luvu, OLB. Undrafted free agent in the 2018 NFL draft class, Luvu was a surprise cut. Had a strong camp, at times running with the starters. Might be in the plans as a situational pass rusher of the future.
    3. Deontay Burnett, WR. Undrafted free agent in the 2018 NFL draft class, Burnett had a very strong preseason with the Tennessee Titans, catching all eleven passes he was targeted on. Former USC teammate of Sam Darnold.
    4. De’Angelo Henderson, RB. A poor man’s Maurice Jones-Drew, and a personal favorite of mine, Henderson is a height challenged running back and a sixth round choice of the Broncosin the 2017 NFL draft. Henderson could challenge for playing time soon.
    5. Anthony Wint, ILB. Undrafted free agent from the 2018 NFL draft class. A smallish inside linebacker without much in the way of cover skills. Difficult to see this guy developing into a meaningful contributor. Perhaps could be useful on special teams.
    6. Jeremy Clark, CB. A giant cornerback bigger than any safety on the roster, nearly big enough to be a linebacker. Drafted by the Jets in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL draft, Clark spent most of the 2017 season on the sidelines injured.
    7. Nico Falah, OL. Undrafted free agent from the 2018 NFL draft class. An undersized center/guard and another USC teammate of Sam Darnold. Falah spent time in the Tennessee Titans camp this preseason.
    I like that they got Sam, someone, he's familiar with in Burnett. Glad Luvu is coming back and #4 Pocket Hercules Part II. Interesting pickup.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm reading all the tweets from Bronco fans unhappy they let the kid Henderson go... this kid sounds interesting.

I'm happy to hear Luvu is sticking around.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Reading the same about Henderson. Would be nice to see him get some p/t.

Luvu, tbh the only bit I saw of him was against Washington and he was a penalty machine.

4. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Henderson was getting some hype last year,,,Broncos always seem to draft good Rbs and seem loaded at that position each year

6. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

1. John Wolford, QB. Undrafted free agent from the 2018 NFL draft class. Got some playing time in the fourth preseason game, and also attended Jets rookie minicamp. This one is a puzzler. Wolford showed nothing in the preseason game, was not highly regarded coming out of college, and in my opinion there were a number of significantly better QBs that cleared waivers.
    2. Dieugot Joseph, OT. Undrafted free agent from the 2017 NFL draft class. Joseph is a bit undersized, raw, athletic, long armed left tackle project. Originally signed by the Chicago bears, he also spent some time with the Baltimore Ravens and the Minnesota Vikings. A lottery ticket with some raw athletic tools to try to develop into an NFL left tackle.
    3. Bronson Kaufusi, DL. A third round pick by the Baltimore Ravens from the 2016 NFL draft class. A bit of a tweener in the Jets defense at 6’ 6”, 275 pounds. Missed the entire 2016 season with a broken ankle. Played three games for the Ravens in 2017

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

http://turnonthejets.com/2018/08/to...jets-vs-giants-preseason-week-3/31-luvu-sack/

http://turnonthejets.com/2018/08/to...reakdown-jets-vs-redskins/31-luvu-end-around/

Luvu is raw but he has good instinct. Right now Jets have to try and catch lightning in a bottle with one of these OLB. It’s something they need desperately.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My Bronco fan cousin who lives in Denver was tellling me about Henderson last week before they cut him, and we signed him. I’m curious to see him in action.

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

happy to see that Patriot phobia isn't limited to Jets fans

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Haha it does seem like it’s a similar scenario to when we cut Woodhead. Another guy to root for along with Cannon.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No Dimitri Flowers or Antonio Garcia.

Kinda bummed at both.