POLL: Which Unit Will Be The Best, Or Surprise This Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 7, 2018.

?

Which unit will be a surprise for the BETTER

1. Offence Unit Will Surprise

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Defence Unit Will Surprise

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Special Teams Will Surprise

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There really is no such thing as 'total rebuild' anymore in the NFL.
    Especially not mid-regime.

2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

And last year it was zero (probably, I can't new arsed to look it up). So five on six means eleven wins. Go us.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But two of those teams - Packers and Cowboys - have had MORE than 1 FQB. How does that happen? Simple..they don't sit around and wait for one to fall out of the sky; they don't believe that "defense wins championships" and ignore the offense, particularly the QB position for years. That's the thing that bugs me - while the Jets have been without a clue, other teams have successfully won and then rebuilt and won again, sometimes more than once, in the time since the Jets won the SB. Another example - which really puts salt in the wound - is the Giants. They won with Simms, and then won again with Manning. Or teh Broncos with Elway and then P. Manning. That's not "bad luck", that's bad team stewardship, and we've had two owners who have failed at that.

I'm sorry if I don't have the "patience" you apparently do, but I doubt you've been a fan for even half as long as I have. "Waiting" and "patience" are two commodities I no longer have.

tomdeb likes this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I am 63 years old & have been a fan since I was ten....1965 I've seen the good the bad & the ugly. I hear what your saying the past history has been ugly. I am trying to be positive about the future. It's hard because the past has me very reluctant to feeling good about our future. I have Jets fever...fear that nothing goes rite with our team so how could Darnald ever be a good QB. Well I am turning over a new leaf.... I feel good about Darnold & our future. Darnold may very well be the last QB in my lifetime. So I might as well try to enjoy the ride while I can.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm going with Special Teams because the preseason doesn't count and neither does history.

Quinnenthebeast likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Like the stars , the Jets offense might start to twinkle..but just don't know for sure

In other news, Khalil Mack will beast the Chicago D into top 10 NFL status

The Saints will be the best Offense in the NFL but will lose a close one to the LA Rams in NFC champ game

All I got for ya...

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I completely understand, and believe it or not I too am trying to stay positive. I agree that Darnold looks like the best thing since Namath and I pray that he can overcome whatever obstacles come in front of him, whether it's the opposing teams or hos own coaches and players. I'm just not as able to get to the "sunny side" as you are, but I can appreciate where you're coming from. Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised!

BudJet likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

can special teams surprise and be worse than expected ? I say yes On defense I hate our Linebackers,,,I will go with offense could be better than expected

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The defense will surprise this season by finally turning turnovers into defensive touchdowns. The 4 year defensive td drought ends.

**Hank Williams voice**

If I had to guess an try to get it right, the Jets D ends that drought on Monday Night!

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Special teams WHAT?