Poll: Where Would You Take Kyler Murray?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 28, 2018.

?

First round pick?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

72.7%
  1. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

This is a really weak QB class. The knocks on Murray are the height, of course, and acclimating to a more pro-set offense. Of course, those are major concerns, but hopefully you've got a decent CS in place that can work with him. If I need a QB this year or I'm going to lose my GM job, then I'm taking a shot on Murray. He's better than Lock, Grier, Findlay, and a lot of the other QBs that are coming out this year, and he'll sell more tickets, which should keep my owner happy.

2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

incorrect ... lamar jackson was the last pick in the first round and got a $5 mill signing bonus last year

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

To the Taffy Pulling Room!

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah, well I was wrong about alot of shit I guess because he's choosing football! I read a blog somewhere awhile back from a baseball perspective and based my post off what I could remember from that. boy were they wrong ha

I'm actually excited to see him in the NFL. The game needs more guys like him

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I hope Gruden trades all his 1s and his 2s this year and next year to us. He seems to like this Murray kid a lot.

P.S. THEN I realized Raiders pick before us. [DUH!]

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

That would be even better!!

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Apparently the Jags love Haskins. Jets might be able to pull a draft day trade

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's no way you can know that. Before the draft, 2016 and 2017 were seen as weak classes compared to 2015 and 2018. So far the opposite has been true.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Not saying Murry should be a top 5 pick, but Darnold took home more than 5 mill last year. Rosen took home 3. If Murry can break into the top ten like some think it should be close money wise for him.

11. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Lol.

Yes, I didn't mean to intimate certainty with that statement: it's meant to convey current conceptions of the 2019 draft class. Yes, I don't know for sure that the 2019 draft class will be bad or not. Perhaps Haskins, Murray, Bailey, Lock, and whomever else might be the best QB class of all time. Yes, my main point, which I'm sure you appreciated, is that if I'm a GM who needs to get a QB this year (i.e., whose job is on the line), I'm taking Murray in the first round.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think Murray has the highest ceiling, but if I were a GM whose job is on the line, I'd take Haskins or Lock. Those guys have higher floors, plus you can wait a couple years for them to develop. Murray's so good now that he's either going to light up the league or get knocked out of it (literally). The latter will get you fired very quickly. Ultimately, Murray's the sort of guy I'd take if my job weren't on the line.

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He would actually make more if drafted 1st thru 40th
    First pick gets $6,446,346 ($23,806,544) signing bonus
    31st pick gets $1,848,376 (5,413,504)
    He would make more up to the 8th pick in round 2. $1,327,418 signing bonus ($3,29,672)
    The issue with paying back the signing bonus is he was taxed on it and his agent took his cut so Murray received roughly$2.3 but has to pay back the full $4.6.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He may have paid the taxes on it but he would just amend his return and get it back, or he may not have even done his taxes for 2018 yet so he would just get a refund. He would be out about $150,000 on the agents commission is all.

15. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Stop with this is the weakest Qb class, as I believe they said that about P Mahomes class. Shows just how little NFL teams know about the Qb position. How many teams are kicking themself for passing on him.

I wouldn't touch Murray as his lack of height scares me. The Raiders aren't drafting K Murray, and I can't believe you are believing any team during the draft process. ( they all lie, and it's beneficial to him, if a team jumps up to acquire Murray. Better player drops to him.

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Good point about the taxes.
    I believe the agents commission is significantly more though. Scot Boras is the highest paid agent so 5% would be his bottom. $230 or more, but given the amount of money it's still minimal

17. abc

abc Well-Known Member

>
    Poll: Where Would You Take Kyler Murray?

I wouldn't

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He's playing football. Hopefully this impacts the Jets in a positive way!

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

No, the Raiders pick 4th and we are 3rd.

Gruden is clueless but Maycock should be the Voice Of Sanity over in Oakland/San Francisco/Las Vegas/wherever.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Yes. I know.

I had a brain fart that day. [LOL]

That said:

Top 3 guys don't need a QB. Raiders can pick Kyler Murray if they want.

Bucs might need a replacement, but that's not a sure thing. That leaves Giants at 6 with a shot at Dwayne Haskins. If Jags are pulling the trigger, they might wait until after the Raiders pick. We won't be trading down.