Poll: Should We Sign Kirk Cousins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Yes or No

1. Yes

59.8%
  2. No

40.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

@ColoradoContrails you asked for it. TGG put your usernames on the record. Assume we have to pay Cousins exactly what you expect us to pay for him, but if we offer him that amount he'll accept. @Brook! is there a way to lock this thread for posting but keep the poll open?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think Kirk will entertain being a Jet to drive the price up on the Broncos , Cards and Vikings.

However, I would love to have him. He’s been a top 10 QB the past 3 years and showed great poise under all the pressure from having his WRs ripped away and replaced with scrubs. He’s very accurate, excellent football IQ and is a winner.

The only concern is that he was well coached with Sean McVay and Gruden who are both true QB coaches. He also had an excellent OL that kept him clean in the pocket. With the Jets if they actually do land Kirk they better get him some LEGIT weapons and add solid players on the OL. Starting at RB and then WR and then at TE.

3. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Nah.

Just putting my name. I don’t think it’s awful if we get him but I rather not.

Vida and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No reason to lock. That’s a good idea to have a fresh poll. Let’s keep this open for a few days so that everyone can vote. After that we can merge it with the main Kirk thread.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I'm on the all-in for KC bandwagon.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Simple, straight to the point.

I won't cry if they sign him, but I prefer we shoot for the stars with Rosen if we can.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Leave the Kirk Take the Mayfield.

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yes. The Jets should try as hard as they can to entice him.

9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree.

AJW likes this.
  10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Should we sign Cousins? I voted no.

Price is excessive for a QB who is not elite in my eyes. When I watch Cousins play, I see a QB that is definitely in the top half of the league, but I do not see a top 10 player at his position.

McCagnan has repeatedly stated that they are attempting to build through the draft. If that is truly the case, he needs to not take the “easy way out”. You stick to the plan if you are the Jets. Stay at 6 and draft one of the top 4 QBs or be bold and trade up with Cleveland or Indy to draft THE QB that you envision not only playing his career as a Jet, but the one who finally place this team into the Playoff/Super Bowl conversation year in and year out.

Your poll is specifically asking “should” we sign him. I feel I have answered that.

WILL they sign him is the better poll question I think though. My answer to that is regrettably...yes.

AJW, Vida, NCJetsfan and 4 others like this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My yes comes with a caveat.

Do not want to see a full guaranteed contract.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks!

westiedog1 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Two words: FUCK HIM.

AJW, westiedog1, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  14. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

No get the guy in avi, he comes cheap and we can actually not completely f*** up our cap, this isnt a Brees situation, he signed on a relatively cheap deal 6-60 mil wed have to break the bank for a above average QB no thanks. Ask Baltimore and Detroit what signing a QB to a mega deal does to your cap

Vida and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I voted yes, because he's the best QB to hit free agency in a while and would turn the Jets around at QB instantly, BUT I am still all about drafting a young QB instead if they can. I wouldn't be opposed to Cousins, I just think with our draft position it's logical to go QB there. I just wish the draft came before free agency, so we only sign Cousins if our guy doesn't fall to us. Cousins will be pricey and that's the one big thing I worry about, especially if it's a 5 year deal. I'd almost rather see 3.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

17. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Absolutely. On top of being the best QB options out there right now, he gives us a ton of draft flexibility and will possibly allow us to trade away at #6 if a QB like Mayfield falls.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rather Josh Allen but I would take him

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

60% - 40% split...yea /nay ..just as I surmised Watson

Speaking of votes ..in 1998 Bill Clinton was Impeached in the House of Representatives and Aquitted in the Senate

20. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Mainejet says NO. I want the Jets to win the SB. That should be Mac and Blowes ONLY focus. I do NOT want to win the wild card every year just to go down to much better, more complete teams in the playoffs. Kirk Cousins will specialize in earning the Jets a spot in the wild card. He'll pull out last minute heroics in the very last few games of the season and manage just enough performance so the Jets can eak their way into the playoffs. Every Jets fans will be on a high for the first few times. Then the very next week reality will come crashing down. The Jets will get their a$$es handed to them by a truly great, well rounded team. That's the ceiling for Kirk Cousins. He gets you records somewhere in the range of 7-9 to 10-6 every year. However, he cannot, and never will, win the big games or the games that Jets have been so starved of for so long....

AJW, KurtTheJetsFan and westiedog1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.