Please fire bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not about what he wrote. it's about how the players love bowles. look at the player quotes. he had this team fighting all year even though everyone counted us out

hornblower likes this.
  2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Groh and Parcells both quit, Mangini was here for 3 years (not 2), and Kotite was a historically inept coach.

Walt White likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, we are farther ahead then most predicted. I look at this off-season as somewhat as a cross-roads. Jets can really get this ball rolling, Address the key positions as you mentioned above. If you go into next season with the same offensive line depth, no big improvements, the Jets will be in big trouble. That will trickle down and hurt future seasons as well.

Bowles has to continue to ensure, he has a plan of action in terms of improving. You got the offense on the right track with the Morton hire, Mac can fix up the line. Now Bowles, you have to go in and make some changes to how this defense generates a pass-rush. Bowles, has to go have that talk with Morton to see how they can speed up the offense. Bowles and Mac will have to be on the same page more then ever. How you will motivate the team after exceeding expectations?

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We also need development in our players too or we will always be drafting high

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"...it's about how the players love bowles."

Seriously? When is the last time an NFL player slammed his own coach? How is that as a career move? When is the last time any employee in any business had anything less than kind to say about his boss for publication?

On Saturday Giants players were still patting McAdoo on the back; today they've all come out of the woodwork decrying everything but what he ate for lunch. If you really think anything Mehta quoted was anything but self-serving, you need to get a better grip on the world of business, especially how it applies in professional sports.

NCJetsfan and abc like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

Were you here when Santonio Holmes called out Brian Schottenheimer? These things happen. Pretty sure Von Miller has been calling out the Vance Joseph too.

FJF likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Really. Using the Giants as an example is pretty lame. A couple of weeks ago there was an all out mutiny stirring through the media if not for Snacks and a couple of guys

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

It really is. Giants been talking trash on McAdoodoo all year ... don't need to hear it from the media, it's obvious after the suspensions with DRC and Jenkins giving out no effort. Team is a dumpster fire.

Walt White likes this.
  9. Walt White

What do you expect? Here's a guy that absolutely knew that Bowles was incapable of commanding a clubhouse and absolutely knew that Bowles was gonna get fired during the bye and said so during the off-season. Then challenged me to show up when it happened because I lol'd at the notion. I decided not to bump the thread :D

All you have to do is pay attention to the games, sidelines, pre and post game stuff to know that the players like Bowles and are fighting for him with everything they have.

It was apparent before this last wave of media bs anyway. But we're gonna use the Giants as an example to prove otherwise and mock a poster and good fan who understands the truth and reality of it, Lmfaol.

#129 Walt White, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

um the giants players trashed mcadoo IDK what you were reading. they also gave up on him. you see it on the field

11. 101GangGreen101

You got class Walt. I hope Bowles can continue to get better and show our fan-base that he can be the right man for the job. Just has to continue to get better. Maybe finding another DC too.

Walt White likes this.
  12. Walt White

I think that's all anyone has ever said about TB this season versus all the vitriol at the end of last year and well into this season.
    Players learn, adjust, and improve, and so do coaches. It's the way it is.
    The best coaches and players didn't drop out of the sky as unanimous first ballot ballot HOF's from the start day 1. They all mature at their own rate too. But we knew that :)
    Btw, Imo there's so much more to TB than some of these haters understand that it's comical.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Of you'll always get somebody going renegade but when a reporter asks almost any guy a general question what do you expect? That's just the way it is, there's no truth test in any of it. It's very easy to bend the truth and stay a team player. How often do guys who become a cancer get welcomed elsewhere?

14. Ralebird

I never said it wasn't happening behind the scenes, I said guys don't normally go on record that their boss is a schmuck.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Didn't say anything about Groh and Parcell firing. I just said the amount of time they were here. Mangini 2006-08. That is about the shelf life of a Jets coach. So with that being sai Bowles should be shown the door. Just because you want to be here doesn't mean you shouldn't be fired for not making the playoffs. That is what this team is supposed to be coached to do, not just play hard for a likable guy. Oh and all of the above made the playoff with the Jets except Groh who barely missed out.

16. boozer32

Comprehension fine what needs to be worked on is your disengenous wording of missing the playoffs 3 straight years. Let me see if I can help you. A winning season NO PLAYOFF, a losing season NO PLAYOFF, 3rd season NO PLAYOFF. What are we trying to do here hire coaches just because? He's cheap? 3 years is more than enough to gauge a coach. First season he had veterans and just missed. The next season he couldn't handle a lockeroom. That I blame on him because its his team and if can't rally players to his system, that should be a red flag. This season the team blew 4 games that they should have won. I guess you missed the reference about dan Rooney who did the same thing Woody did by becoming Ambassador to Ireland. Its a big deal because Rooney had a solid franchise that has a winning recent history. Unlike the Jets.

17. boozer32

Maybe they'll quit like Bellicheck and Groh.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice to have some longevity for a change? Why would we want to continue the revolving door philosophy with our coaches? Personally, I always thought that we got rid of Mangini prematurely. IMO, he could have turned into a very good coach, in the long run.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

If Bowles doesn't make the playoffs next year, that's 4 straight. No way I'd let him continue.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Walt White

Actually a lot of them are old guys. Some may have to wear diapers even.

#140 Walt White, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.