PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lee Savit, Nov 4, 2017.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

That loss against Miami stings a lot, but hey, we are in the mix.

Win this week and get a little help and things will get very interesting. The NFL is weird. 10-6 didn't get us in 2 years ago, 9-7 got it done in 09 (and the Pats missed it at 11-5 the year before). I think this year is more like 2009. 9-7 will get it done and we can win 5 games.

We started 4-6 in 2009. Let's start 5-5 to give ourselves some room for error.

2. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

why are people even thinking playoffs? i've written this season off, so any victory is better than i hoped for. win..eh, lose...eh. i go about my sunday without the drama or headaches this team has caused. and it actually feels nice.

you're setting yourself up for heartbreak if you get too optimistic, but some people never learn.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on who the Jets want and their position in the draft and what they think other teams will do. Look at the Eagles. They traded up and landed Carson Wentz, who is looking like a top franchise QB for a long time. You can't rule it out.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's doubtful but not out of the realm of possibility. lots of "just decent" teams like us out there.

also LOL at the people who tried telling me we were a worse team then the browns and niners at the start of the season

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'd most certainly count the Giants and the Steelers in that mix.....both have aging QB's nearly one foot in the retirement grave

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'll give you the giants...even though I think they will go OL, but the steelers will be picking after us so who cares if they want a QB it won't effect our pick

7. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

All teams have the ability to trade up, so you can't rule anyone out from leapfrogging us in the draft. We need to be aggressive. I would definitely go all in this year and try and get the QB we need to be good for a long time. Give up one second and first next year and swap 1s. All of this progress means nothing if we don't sign or draft a QB for the near future. If we don't make the playoffs this year it will have been a colossal waste of time playing a 38 year old QB. 8-8 or 7-9 is the worst place to be. Next year is the year to be aggressive for a QB because we have a ton of cap space to sign players.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If we are still making a run into the playoffs up until the last day, you gotta wonder if Petty and Hack missed an opportunity. But my guess is McCown will just be resigned at that point.

LAJet likes this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

History shows these threads usually precede a loss.

Tampa by 3.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Expect a very tough game tomorrow. Two middle of the pack teams. The Jets know they are on the rise and the Bucs are going sideways.

11. hornblower

Don't agree. This team is learning how to win with young players who will be around for a long time. If there is a QB they like in the draft they can trade up and have him sit and learn for a while. Don't underrate experience. That's what wins in the NFL.

tbruner12 likes this.
  12. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

The Giants will make the playoffs before th Jets. And the Giants ain't going this year.

Jets69 likes this.
  13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Learning how to win? Please. That's dumb

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

We can learn how to win all we want. If the leagues mandate this ref behavior against us we'll never win

16. hornblower

I really don't think you know anything about sports if "learning how to win" is a new concept. Nothing personal.

17. hornblower

Winning on the road is hard in the NFL especially when the team is just average. When they get more quality people on offense it will be easier. Please no fire the coach stuff this week.

18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

How did the 99/ Rams win the supervowl?
    They won 4 games in 98

Just stop making excuses and trying to make like this team is good or getting better

19. hornblower

The two most important positions in the modern NFL are QB and WR. The Jets are only fair at each one. When they are able to upgrade those they will be a contending team. All that other stuff only matters if you have the players.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

lt far more valuable than a wr. teams are not winning with elite wrs. qb and ability to protect him are the way you win