Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

Let's keep this thread alive with must-win games, teams who we want to lose, etc. for the rest of the season.

UPDATE: This week we enjoyed a HUGE overtime win over the Patriots* at home. Thanks to the Ravens knocking off the Steelers, we officially control our own destiny going into the final week of the season.

Here is how we make the playoffs...

Scenario #1: Jets win over the Bills.
    Scenario #2: A Steelers loss or tie against the Browns.
    Scenario #3: A Broncos loss vs. the Bengals (MNF) AND a Broncos loss vs. the Chargers.

Amazing. Everyone was thinking we would have to win out AND get help to get in. Now, there are three possible ways we can get in, and two of which do not require a victory next week. Regardless, the easiest way in is to defeat the Bills next week.

AND THE HOME OF THE J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

#1 RobA, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I wanted the patriots to lose today and we blew it...Im not going to forget about it until we leave Oakland with a victory

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Said it in another thread, but glad this road trip started in New England. I think if it had been the reverse and we traveled out to Oakland first we may have fallen into the trap of looking ahead. I think the team rebounds against Oakland. It's a long trip, into hostile territory; but I think the men rally back for this one.

Need updates on Mangold and Pryor, but this should be a game that we win.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Careful. I said I think we should easily go 10-6 and the optimists on this board who gave me shit for being angry about today's game flamed me.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am sincerely scared of Oakland game. Not because Oakland Raiders are world beaters or anything. The long trip and different time zone scares me.

If we win next week and go 5-2, we will make a huge move for 5th seed and keep our division winning hopes alive. This team is good, this team is clicking, this team looks like a TEAM.

6. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say 12-4 is realistic.

10-6 is realistic.

11 would be a nice surprise.

That bothers me considering 2 division winners will likely win 8-9 games.

ILL-AL and Elwood125 like this.
  7. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

We probably should be rooting for NE on , as the Dolphins are only game behind us. Miami scares me a bit, but other than them I don't see much competition for the fifth or sixth seed.

jco2007 and irishwhip03 like this.
  8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

We're pretty unlucky to be stuck in a division with New England. They're just better than every other team in the league, and have been for a decade plus.

But getting anything less than 10 wins with that schedule will be a disappointment.

9. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

No. Miami plays New England TWICE so we should root for NE here on out? No.... We are two games back from the division.

10. BigSnacks54

We're not catching NE, look at their schedule. Denver might get them and the Jets may beat them at Metlife and I'm sure they'll lose a game they should win, but they're a lock for 12 ,13, or 14 wins. We should be thinking WC unless Brady goes down. NE wins on Thursday and if the Jets take care of business, they'll still only be two games behind the Pats and have a two game lead over Miami.

11. BigSnacks54

And those 7-9 and 8-8 teams always seem to win on WC for some reason.

12. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Our QB went to Harvard, I'm pretty sure he can read a clock.

NY Jets68, PickSix and Brook! like this.
  14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Winning Out? You have to be kidding. NO SHOT.
    And I wouldn't call 12-4 realistic ... I'd say it's pretty optimistic.

The Raider game scares the crap out of me. They're playing good football this year and we can easily lose out there. Not an easy game at all. As long as we beat the Jags at home, we'd still be 5-3 with Rex coming to town in what will be a HUGE Thusday night game. If we come out on top, we could be 6-3 with a 10 day rest, and in comfortable playoff position. But if we lose to the Bills, we might be 5-4 with only 3 home games left ... And one of them is against the Pats. The Dolphins and Giants are playing much better now, and the Cowboys will have Romo and Bryant back when we play them. 12-4 would be quite a stretch.

We need to play the next three and see where we stand after that Bills game. Hopefully we'll be 6-3 and then we can take aim at a realistic 10-6 record. Usually good enough to make the playoffs.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fuck that. I'm "rooting" for the fish. It's not time to concede the division yet anyway. I also am not worried about Miami coming back. They beat the 2 worst teams in the league back to back, good for them. I don't see them winning at all Thursday though

Aewhistory and LIJetsFan like this.
  16. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

My fault, I thought I was on a Jets message board.

17. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Fuck that. I want the Phins to win then that will make us one game back of the Pats. I'm not giving up on winning the division.

Aewhistory, Jay Bizniss and ajax like this.
  18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I think Miami could beat NE because of the short week, the way they've been playing lately, and cause the Pats are due to lose a game at some point.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brady is undefeated on thursday nights. NE is home and home teams are usually at the advantage on thursday nights. Miami isn't that good anyway. would be nice though

20. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The only scenario we should be rooting for NE is if the secure the division AND have to beat another wildcard or conference team to help us make the wildcard. Outside of that, NEVER

Aewhistory, LIJetsFan and Jets_Grinch like this.