Piers Morgan's interview with a crazy scary gun supporter.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by akibud, Jan 8, 2013.

1. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am not a gun owner or supporter myself, I have not seen a need for it yet personally. BUT!!
    I would be opposed to banning all guns. That is just not realistic given the vast differences in lifestyles across America.
    I imagine the mental health issue will meet with opposition from some when the cost to pay for it comes up. But, I do think it makes sense that doctors should be able to report to the law that a patient has been diagnosed and there are guns in the home. The movies and video games argument is less weighty, as other nations watch them and play them as much or more than us, but don't have access to guns, so there are no mass killings. The focus has to be on military style assault weapons that are being sold just because they make a person feel like Rambo. We can do that virtually and save lives.

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

This seems more like a thread about gun control than the Newtown shooting thread.... The comments are always my favorite part of any article online.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20537498/utah-town-makes-arming-households-a-top-priority

Utah town makes arming households a top priority

3. akibud

akibud Active Member

PANIC: One Million AR-15 Magazines On Backorder

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/panic-one-million-ar-15-magazines-backorder

I wonder if folks are stocking up because they want to have a collectible like memorabilia?

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Something else to consider about the crime rates in the UK is that manslaugter actually goes into their murder rate and violent crimes go on the record for the year they are recorded as opposed to the year they took place so in some years there could be a jump that doesn't represent the actual crime rate for the year.

For example Dr Harold Shipman who is probably the most prolific serial in the world killed an estimated 215 people between 1975 and 1998 but it wasn't until 2002 that these were brought to light therefore the year 2002 has an unusually high spike in violent crime even thogh the murders were spread out over a 23 year period.

5. Barry the Baptist

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I support Alex Jones but this made me turn the other way. I dont agree with Morgan but Alex acted immature and Piers acted very well.

Alex Jones only did this because he had the spotlight.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

#1 misconception of gun control

8. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

What exactly is it that you support? Please clarify.

9. Barry the Baptist

That is what the right is selling... people like Rush and Jones thinking we want all their weapons. That's not what I want at all. I would like to see high powered weapons that are used primarily by military taken off the streets and stricter regulations to owning a weapon.

I would also like to see more focus into mental health issues and less anti depresents used to treat the problems. I hear about it all the time, the way people act when they stop taking their meds. How about work on the root of the problem and stop throwing a band aid on a 10 inch cut.

10. VanderbiltJets

Exactly it's the ultimate straw man.

For anyone interested Slate has written a lot of interesting articles about gun violence ((and gun control)) (like this one about the influence of pop culture).

#50 VanderbiltJets, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  11. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

Being a red rose county English man I suppose

Im a red coat

Hazzar!

12. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

Just seen people refering to daily mail articles.

Take them with a barrel of salt.

This is a paper that makes illegal immigrants the root evil of everything in the world. A paper that laughs at homosexuality. A paper that is stuck in 1954 and always will be.

The UK is a Violent race, Thats why the Brits ran most of the world for a while and for such a tiny little island is ridiculous the amount of power we had.

America in my view will never lose its guns, A country that only really knew fighting from the moment it was "born". Your a Country full of European roots, Europeans usually violent as fuck anyway.

Personally, I view Piers Morgan and your gun laws in the same breath.....Stupid. But hey ho, Who am I, Im the same as you, Insignificant. Im one person, out of 8 Billion,

Who am I to disagree with the person who believes that owning a gun, makes me safer.

If its not guns, It will be knives.

People who want to harm always will.
    Murder, rape, robbery. All filled by hate and greed.
    We as a race are pretty much vile. The ability to produce amazing things, The mindset of survival of the fittest

13. akibud

akibud Active Member

that is the thing, somehow, the NRA and the gun lobby have people thinking that Obama is coming for their guns. Now, they could argue that it is just the beginning, and after they take away military style weapons and the problem is not solved, they will come back for the rifles and handguns, and the gun owners will be left without their best weapon for a war against the tyrannical govt.

14. VanderbiltJets

good 'ol slippery slope

it's like Mao! he took away the guns! so did Stalin! /sarcasm

15. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

It's very important to remember that the NRA's top financial backers are all gun manufacturers. The NRA's job isn't to protect the Second Amendment -- that's what the gun industry's army of lawyers and lobbyists is for. The NRA's job is to sell guns. And the best way to do that is to convince people that the government is always just days away from banning them, so you better go out and buy right this second.

16. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I agree with this, with a caveat: Medicaid is the primary payer of mental health services in this country, and it's not even particularly close. So when you hear politicians (usually on the right) calling for more comprehensive mental health coverage, and for cutting the budget on Medicaid, you can tell that they're bullshitting you in hopes that the gun control talk will blow over (as it has so many times before.)

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

That 's a wonderful unintended consequence of firearm demagoguery. I think anyone here of sound mind who doesn't already have a handgun should go out any get one. Not because of any great threat of tyranny. Not because of any great threat of confiscation. Not because of any great threat of over-regulation. But because handguns are fun. And blasty. Buy a gun, join a gun club, and then go out and shoot. It's relaxing.

18. akibud

akibud Active Member

having never held one in my entire life, I view guns the same way as I do illegal drugs (having never tried any of them in my entire life) I see other people having loads of fun with them. But I have also seen what they can do to a person and it is not a pretty sight. So, I choose to stay away from both, out of fear that I am not strong enough to control them.

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

AAAAAA! SSSSSSHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!! It's on now! Patriots, report!!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/...start-killing-people-over-obamas-gun-control/

Unhinged Tactical Response CEO threatens to ‘start killing people’ over Obama’s gun control

I wonder if by starting to kill people, this genius is referring to the law enforcement guys just doing their job of collecting guns, OR... he is going to make his point out of shooting random innocent people.

20. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Not defending the nutjob CEO but one point of the article here is misleading. Drudge does not "report" they just post links to articles from other sources. It was a Pravda article that mentioned hitler and Stalin not Drudge.