Phillip Rivers/Norv Turner combo?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 1, 2013.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Have you seen the list of FAs?

I'd rather have Sanchez than 99% of them.

Ideally I'd like Romo for a year I believe he will be released.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Rivers is average, not awful. We need a vet, he'll probably be the best vet available.

We can also draft a project QB mid round. Those are the logical next moves since there's no "franchise" types in this years draft.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not even gunna bother with TurkJetfan on this matter. If the Raiders had to give up 2 first rounder for Palmer. Rivers is going to be a minimum of a first. Not to mention there would be many other teams in a bidding war to get him. The Cardinals are probably dreaming of getting Rivers right now.

4. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

:rofl:

The only one with a misunderstanding of the NFL is you if you think that the Chargers would trade Rivers for Sanchez and Kyle Wilson. You are seriously over valuing Sanchez or undervaluing Rivers.

Rivers without weapons still threw for 26 TDs and 15 Ints this year. Sanchez career best is 26 TDs and 18 Ints. Rivers has never thrown for more Ints than TDs in his 7 seasons as a full time starter. Sanchez has done it 50% of the time in his 4 seasons. No GM in his right mind would trade Rivers for Sanchez / Kyle Wilson.

5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Why would the Cowboys release Tony Romo? He passed for nearly 5000 yards, a 90 rating and nearly 30 TD's.

Philip Rivers is FAR from awful, Sanchez has never sniffed the guys worst year, and his best years are light years better than anything Sanchez has done, he's 31 that's spry for QBs.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well apparently Andy Reid is close to being hired to the Cardinals, so he might try to revive Kolb considering they were together in Philly, although I still think they would chase Rivers.

7. Jett

Jett Member

Anyone is better than Sanchez, hell I could do a better job. This guy is NOT an NFL player, barely a CFL backup.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If San Diego's GM trades Sanchez for Rivers straight up, he deserves to be fired the next hour.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^That'll never be the deal. No point in even speculating about that. There'd be a boatload of picks moving.

10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

It is unbelievable how ridiculous some of the offers in this thread are.

Sanchez has negative trade value, similar to a Vernon Wells or Alex Rios in baseball... You're trying to move a shitty player who has an enormous contract. Why would any team want to take on a shitty player and pay them a lot of money in exchange for nothing, much less GIVE UP anything to do so?

I wouldn't trade a 7th round pick for a commitment like that, let alone give away a franchise QB... LOL.

Also, if I were San Diego, I wouldn't do Rivers for Revis straight up, let alone having to take on Sanchez. Rivers is a franchise QB and Revis is a franchise corner. A franchise player at the QB position is better than a franchise player at any other position. Revis is way better at his position than Rivers is at his, but IMO, if you have a franchise QB, you don't trade them for anything because they are so hard to come by.

Who is San Diego replacing Rivers with? Charlie Whitehurst? I'd rather have Rivers as my QB than Whitehurst and Revis at corner, or worse, waste a draft pick replacing Rivers that you could have used to better your team in another area.

If I'm he GM of San Diego, you'd have to throw me Revis plus draft picks. And there's no way in hell I'm taking on Sanchez.

11. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Mark Sanchez than Rivers and I've been a Sanchez hater since last year. You guys that want Rivers, have you seen him play the past two seasons? Obviously, but what the heck is it that you're watching? Rivers has a weak arm and floats all his passes now. Sanchez has a stronger arm than him. Philip Rivers is a waste of time. If the choice is between Rivers, Sanchez or someone we draft in round 3, I'm going with the unknown. At least there's some intrigue there and it won't cost you much if he stinks.

12. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

JP Losman has a stronger arm than those guys. Maybe you want to get him?

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What planet is Romo being released on? He has as much chance being released as the Jets do of winning the next ten Super Bowls. Geez.

14. major33

:rolleyes:

I don't want him, Rivers or Sanchez. Rivers floats all his passes. What have you been watching? There is no LaDainian Tomlinson to bail out Rivers anymore. He's awful. However, a lot of fans here prefer watching a 9-7 team battle for the wildcard instead of going through a proper rebuild. I can see why they're incredibly giddy over the possibilities of Philip Rivers leading us to that glorious wildcard game. Whatever. Our new GM isn't going to go after Rivers anyway, so who cares.

15. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Rex might eat somebody if Revis is traded.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

How you get in doesn't matter. If you're in, you're in.

17. major33

There is no LaDainian Tomlinson anymore. Philip Rivers is a 31 year old Mark Sanchez, but with a weaker arm. I never said we'd go 9-7 and contend for the playoffs. That is what you think. With no good RB and WR's, Rivers is at best a 7-9, 8-8 QB and that's probably a stretch considering the mess we have on offense and how pathetic he's been the past couple of seasons. (even under the fancy Norv Turner) Who wants that? Might as well do the inevitable rebuild now. What are you waiting for?

18. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

No one is buying your hyperbole, Sanchez hasn't sniffed Rivers worst season, and hasn't come within miles of Rivers best. Rivers isn't great, not elite, but he is so much better than Sanchez it's not even up for discussion.

19. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So we should spend ~$29 million for our starting QB in 2013? Interesting. Is starting six UDFA's overkill?

20. Jett

Jett Member

It would probably take Revis in the deal and if I am getting Rivers in return then I say no.