Philip Rivers Has A Strong Arm, Right?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Jan 15, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Money for one just NOD left a team that just appeared in the SB & signed with us for the nice 5 letter word starting with a M.

Now we finally getting to the nitty/gritty of it all which was that CP contract was the albertross around our necks which is why Penny never face any real competition in TC

As for leadership players want to win rings not loyalty so if another QB came in & won us the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP he would be respected. How do U know if the players have the same feelings towards CP that we do so while they think of him as a nice guy they also think he will never get us to the SB for the reasons posted over & over again. Do U really think if we secured say BF he would not be the leader & respected in the L/room?

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Think about it a bit & maybe it will come to U. My fingers are crossed that the lite goes on. Now U have hit the nail whammo on the head it was the albertross contract that got Chad his job & made us more uncompetitive then other teams for the reason mentioned over & over again

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Maybe if you uncrossed your fingers while typing and started typing in English it would be a lot easier.

They restructured the contract and Chad earned his money back through incentives. It prevented us from signing another injured QB last off season, but I don't know that that made us less competitive. The QB position really wasn't our problem this year, again you're acting like that's why we're not in the AFC Championship game. New England is why we're not there, and why San Diego isn't either.

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

there are many qb's out there that in a pinch can zip a ball to a reciever 20 to 30 yards down field, when the reciever is being fairly well covered but, b/c of the zip on the ball it catches the corner off guard/or a step to slow and the reciever can make the catch. any pass that requires some zip on the pass, CP IS INCAPAPABLE OF MAKING, HENSE, LIMITS THE OFFENSE!!!!

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

right!! cp can't throw the ball thirty yards down the field without it being picked off the majority of the time. his passes are two soft/float allowing the defenders to react. other qb's can make that throw with a pretty good percentage/better than noodle arm at least!!!!

6. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

new orleans upgraded their qb. thats the biggest reason they're winning.

7. KSJets

KSJets New Member

You must be related to mr nyjet

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Who is this BF guy that Champ keeps mentioning??

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Yeah, it would be great if you could sign every player that was available and who was an upgrade over the starter on your team, but that just isn't realistic based on the financial ramifications. As for CP's contract I thought it was a bit rich at the time, but Drew Brees is probably the only Top 10 QB to be a UFA in as long as I can remember. So it was inevitable that CP was going to get extended that summer.

I was talking about leadership not respect. As someone who owned a business I am surprised that you equate the two as the same. The conversation around leadership was in the discussion of signing Brees. Drew had won nothing prior to this season. Furthermore,as I stated it was important to have a leader of the team like Chad with an incoming coach like Mangini.

While there is roughly 0 chance of it happening, if BF joined the NYJ he sure would be respected, but he wouldn't the leader just because he won a SB. BF has shown to be a leader on GB, so I would anticipate that eventually (if not immediately) he would be viewed as the leader of the NYJ. If BR walked into the L/room would he be the leader just b/c he won a SB?

#229 BlairThomas#1, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  10. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

In Champs fantasyworld, the Jets would release Chad Pennington, sign Brett Favre to a one-year contract and let Kellen Clemmens sit another year. Also, the Jets would be exempt from the salary cap.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Ok, he can't throw the ball 30 yards. Go back and look at some game tapes is all I can tell you.

They also drafted Reggie Bush and got their homes and stadium back.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

amen!:wink: :up:

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not all of us aspire to perpetual mediocrity.

fans of the steelers, 49ers, and cowboys talk about how many championships they won. not about how many times they made the playoffs, and lost.:rolleyes: