PFT: Leon Washington market could heat up soon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Mar 7, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

The original team has 7 days to match the offer sheet or let the player walk for compensation.
    There's no reason to reach for any player. There will be more quality halfbacks than just Mathews and Gerhart. Ben Tate, Dixon(UConn), and Hardesty could very well find themselves to #61. The Jets can always trade back if they feel Gerhart will be gone before their 2nd round pick.

#101 CatoTheElder, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

See im the opposite, I really hope that it is the Patriots who get him. It means theyll be passing up getting a talented young guy in the second round (which means he is probably going to be damn good in this draft class) that would be contributing for a good 10 years to their team. Instead theyll get an explosive player like Leon who can contribute for 2-3 years and then hell start struggling.

Plus If they get Leon, it means one less player theyre getting to fix their crippled defense.

#102 dcm1602, Mar 7, 2010
  3. ........

........ Trolls

Or we could just use the 2nd we get from Seattle to take Gerhart when they sign Leon.

4. CatoTheElder

...or that...

5. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

It wasn't funny, he's a dick.

6. CatoTheElder

You're a towel.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm getting a little tired of the comments that attack other members and aren't bringing value to the board and the subject at hand.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

¿Y tú quién eres?

#108 BadgerOnLSD, Mar 7, 2010
  9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I was thinking the same thing.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

solution: bring back the TT forum

hey-ooooooo

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

People are going to get brief vacations if it continues unfortunately

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Apparently a guy with 58 posts.
    Maybe the guy will become a good poster.
    It's silly to knock people with low post counts unless they are trolling the board.

13. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I don't think any team will give up a second round pick and sign him to a new contract (which they'd need to do realistically) with so much at stake for the new team. He is coming off a nasty injury and that's just a ton of risk and a lot to give up with so much uncertainty.

For the last few years, he's been the lone playmaker (in the true sense of the word) for the Jets on offense. I'm very happy if he winds up staying here, especially since TJ is gone. Shonn Greene looks promising but they can't let Leon and TJ go without getting a replacement. I'd rather keep Leon and see how he bounces back. If he does well, sign him to a similar deal that he initially rejected.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i see that.

But a lot of the bullshit can be alleviated with the TT forum coming back.....just my 2 pennies.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am with you on that. Kevin Faulk is winding down. Washington would be a big weapon for them if he came come back from the injury.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's not fully correct. Jones actually had very good numbers with Tampa Bay. That's what got him a good contract from Chicago the following offseason.
    His best season as far as the yards per carry statistic was his season with the Bucs.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you forgot to convert it again.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If I'm the Patriots, I take a hard look at both Marshall and Washington. Theyy could add two stars to their offense, hurt a division rival, and have insurance if Randy Moss is gone after the year or if Wes Welker isn't back.

And after all that, they'd still have two 2nd rounders. The Jets are a serious contender now, and right now, the tide has swung. If I'm New England, I go all out, try to recreate the success offensively that they have in 2007, draft some offensive line to try to protect Brady, and take their best shot at the Super Bowl again.

*puke*

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The guy didn't have over 150 carries in a season until he was with the Bears. So of course his YPC is going to be high when he was with the Buccaneers.

With the Bucs in 2003 Jones had a YPC of 4.6. In 2008 with the Jets, Jones had a YPC of 4.5. Is there really a difference here, Cakes?

20. HOI

HOI Active Member

Tell me about it...it always the same guys. Sometimes people post goofy shit but cut them a break especailly the new people. Explain shit to them and they wont do it again. Its way more constructive than being a ball breaking prick.