Peyton Manning is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JStokes, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

1 game? No that doesn't define a career.

Every major passing record, 5 MVPs, and making Br*dy your bitch in the postseason does make him the best this generation though.

How to compare manning to graham, baugh, Unitas, tarkenton, staubach, Montana, elway, Marino, and favre is a little more subjective.

And this thread is really about junc furiously masturbating while he makes br*dy goat posts immediately after games anyway o_O

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Belichick got out coached today

3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm a realist. I don't know if Peyton Manning is better than Brady or the other way around and I don't really give a shit either. It's not like there's an award for it or something. I think they both just made QB play and strategy better since they were competing against each other and elevating what being an elite QB is, in the AFC, at that moment in time. I'm not taking anything away from Peyton Manning tonight either, I think he's awesome and I said so much in a post on here yesterday entirely about him. I'm glad I got to watch him play. He's like our generation's Babe Ruth for fuck's sake.

I also don't blame Brady for basically playing the game on his back. As much as I respect the two quarterback's today was one of the best defensive football games I've ever seen and it'd be foolish to take that away from those units no matter which team won.

4. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This is the thing: Peyton Manning is the only Qb in the history of the league to make 4 Super Bowls with 4 different head coaches

Think about that for a second.

I'm not sure if Peyton is the GOAT, but he certainly is one of the best...and don't forget that he's never had anyone close to Belichick in terms of coaching. He's been on his own.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes. He is the best of All-Time. The guy is 39 and can barely move and still looked great today and is headed back to the Super Bowl. It's funny because people say Peyton is DONE. However, he looked pretty good today in one of the biggest games there is. He could certainly play in 2016 if he wanted to.

6. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

He did look pretty good, his problems were more related to protection as well. I never thought he was all done. I've actually had plantar fasciitis before and it's a bitch, takes forever to heal and makes even walking impossible. He's obviously recovered, I'm glad, the league is better with him in it.

I also think it's a great point that he never had a head coach to be solid and work with him for the bulk of his career, even his brother got that.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think if he wins the SB I might chose him as GOAT. Dude can hardly move his frame like he used to or totally count on his arm but he makes up for it with experience. There isn't a better student of the game than Manning. He puts the ball in spaces others can't.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I don't know if he is better than the crybaby but he didn't throw 3 interceptions yesterday

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He flooded the field with ints and tears

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Very well said. If Peyton wins and his defense dominates he'll receive an asterisk for this entire playoff run. Of course no one remembers how Brady sat back and protected the ball allowing his defense to dominate.

Passing stats
    Divisional: 32/52 for 312 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT - W 16-13
    Championship: 12/18 for 115, 0 TD, 0 INT - W 24-17/ Bledsoe threw for a TD
    SB: 16/27 for 145 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT - W 20-17

Divisional: 21/41 for 201 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT - W 17-14
    Championship: 22/37 for 237, 1 TD, 1 INT - W 24-14
    SB: 32/48 for 354, 3 TD, 1 INT - W 32-29

Divisional: 18/27 for 144, 1 TD, 0 INT - W 20-3
    Championship: 14/21 for 207, 2 TD, 0 INT - W 41-27
    SB: 23/33 for 236, 2 TD, 0 INT - W 24-21

Everyone thinks about current Brady and this offense and seems to think that's how the team has always been run. He dominated the 2003 Superbowl. Outside of that he pretty much played Alex Smith football while being incredibly clutch when he needed to be. It doesn't take away from what he's done. But let's remember it correctly as having a lot more to do with one of the best defenses and defensive minds ever (*cough* and knowing other teams signals *cough*) than Brady carrying the team like he has for years now.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

stokes carries around alot of hate because he is short.

grogan is sitting in front of his computah in wistah with a neck roll tucked into the front of his shirt.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

BIG TIME.

I would still take Montana over Manning any-day of the week though.

Andy_M and JetsVilma28 like this.
  13. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Agreed. And by a wide margin. Starting with not deferring coin toss, seemed to be too cute for his own good at times...

Andy_M and JetsVilma28 like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The lack of adjustments don't make any sense. The Pats starting 5 clearly couldn't block the front 4 by themselves. Split Gronk out, bring in Chandler and stop sending the runningback into the flats or running him out wide. I didn't get it.

He's as big of a schmuck for activating 14 questionable players as he is for drafting a long snapper in the 5th round. He's trying to win while trolling and it's going to catch up to him.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

How dare you.

_

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the rb running the wheel route was open all day yesterday, just didnt have enough time to get the ball out there. almost should have thrown it way early to avoid the rush and just put a shit ton of air under it and let the guy run under it. i figured that at some point they would complete one of those or get a pi. didnt happen though.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

damn good point. They steadfastly refused to bring in extra blockers despite getting killed by Denver's pass rush. I wonder how much of that was that idiot McDaniels though?

the part of trolling with drafting a long snapper and stuff is a great point. BB's been doing crap like that for years. This wasn't the 1st time that has caught up to him.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't know why Belichick always goes for it on 4th down when facing Manning, is he that scared of Manning? It NEVER works, all BB had to do was kick FGs and they would've left Denver with a W. I understand going for it at the end of the game, but plenty of times they could've kicked FGs. Four 4th down attempts, converted 2.

The quick passing game and outlets to RBs was suppose to kill the pass-rush, but Von Miller and that front 7 dominated. Von Miller is freaking amazing. He's going to get one hell of a contract from the Broncos.

19. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

83 and over and out

Hahahaha

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Does everybody that thinks that the Pats would definitely have won if they had just gone got the FG's understand that the Broncos just might have changed their offensive play calling if they weren't up by 8 points?