Petty will go 0-3 to finish the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Broncos game was the end for Bowles. He will be fired after the season. His team HAD to show an upwards arrow for him to survive. Gaining less than 100 total yards against a team that had lost it's previous 8 games in not an upwards arrow. Quitting at half time with over a minute left and all 3 timeouts because "Our team needed to regroup" is not an upwards arrow.

and now that Petty is taking the reigns our arrow will most likely stay pointed towards hell.

good by Bowles...we hardly knew ya.

abc and LAJet like this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Not that I expect to see miracles from Petty but I am hoping to see some improvement over last year.

That is really not the reason for my response though. The Jets probably had a 98% chance of losing all 3 games even with McCown so Petty losing all 3 would not be a big shocker. Not sure how you thought Kearse was going to more than double his average yards per game over the last 3 games, 1000 yards, that's funny, he's never done it in his career. And Anderson, if he kept his current average per game, would be at 1043 yds. If the coaching staff decides to run the ball 90% of the game, not sure how it is on Petty for him not making it to 1000.

Not a Petty fan boy but I am happy to see what he is able to do. The young receivers had almost the full season with McCown so they had time to get some experience that they might not have gotten with Petty at QB all year, if they aren't able to carry that through to the final 3 games that is on them.

ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You speak like McClown wouldn't have. [McClown would also go 0-3. Wake up.]

What's your fucking point?

abc likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's an easy one... Petty sucks. That is all..

Zach likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude..... let the joke die

6. Cman68

lol... sure thing. I admit its gonna be hard as long as the Petty haters continue with the bullshit threads. I'll come up with something else though.. ;)

#24 Cman68, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    abc and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Probably so, but as always the wheels started coming off the cart long before we are bringing in Petty.
    Non the less, I hope the Petty haters are not implying that with McCown we would not finish 0-3. This team imploded last week. We lack talent at some positions, I grant you that, but I never seen so many underachievers with plenty of talent. Not to mention one of the most ridiculous game plans ever on both sides of the ball. Yet the mantra that Bowles overachieved leaves on.
    I wonder, if Petty wins one of the three, or God forbid 2, would that imply that Bowles is a miracle worker but Petty still sucks, or, Bowles didn't know what the hell he was talking about when he kept Petty on the bench.
    Just wondering.

abc likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wow! You really went out on a limb predicting a QB who got barely any reps all Training Camp, then sat for 14 weeks, will lose his 3 games against Drew Brees and the Saints, Philip Rivers and the Chargers, and Tom Brady and the Patriots. You should get paid for this type of analysis!

abc, ColoradoContrails and Peebag like this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I agree, we will likely close out the season 0-3. But I wonder how we lose, is it close, are they blowouts. The implications are important to deciding who stays and who goes. If our o-line is going to play like it did versus the Broncos, Petty won't last more than a few quarters.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting to be impressed. Petty is not the future. I've seen a few good things from him over the years, but not enough. Last year, I thought he looked OK at times but he had trouble putting points on the board. TD's matter in football. And, he made a few horrendous throws last Sunday. While that's not a reason to give-up on him, a QB missing wide open guys by a lot is concerning. Those opportunities must be converted. I think he's a career back-up.

11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Uhh, be careful what you ask for :p -- I can recall at least a win on the road. He has the capability to win games -

You know, seriously, it seems that the prevailing attitude in these forums is that no player has the ability to improve with training and experience. Especially one that has not been given any chance at all. He's only played 4 full games - I don't count the Denver, Miami and NE games. If Eli Manning was in the same situation and was only given 4 games to be judged upon, as a Jet, he would have gone to another team and won the superbowl.

abc, ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

please if you think the jets wouldn't have pulled out at least 1 win with McCown your crazy

13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm just glad we'll finally be able to see him play after a full week of practice with the starters in a game that counts for the Saints. Whether he does well or poorly, at least we'll be able to finally make an informed decision and take it from there. The only possible failure over the next 3 games (that I don't put past Toilet Bowles or Morton) is for them to refuse to let Petty throw at all and just run the ball every time and concede the games. The Jets are 17 point dogs on Sunday. Its time to take the training wheels off and let Petty fire the rock downfield and either succeed or fail.

abc and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

SCARY THOUGHT DEPARTMENT: Petty does a reasonable job in three games and Bowles gets rewarded for bringing him along with a contract extension.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I never mentioned McCown. Neither did you. Was this meant for someone else? Haha.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What game do you think McCown could pull out? Certainly not Saints or P*ts on the road. That leaves the Chargers with the #2 pass defense, the Jags game was an anomaly, Jets were not going to win at home against the Chargers even with McCown, it would have been a big stretch to expect it.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Petty deserved the opportunity to end the season 0-5 but at least he will finally get a chance.

If he really does look horrible I might even get on the bandwagon with the guys who want to take a QB in the top 10 this year.

18. GasedAndConfused

yeah it was lol
    chargers for sure. he's beaten better teams then them. also who thought cutler would pull out a win against brady last money night? nobody but he did. that's what makes the NFL good. anything can happen. on paper we should lose all 3 games, but with mccown i know he would have pulled 1 out of not 2. petty i feel gives us 0 chance

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Chargers? The hottest team in the NFL right now. What other games did he pull out Denver? Tampa Bay? Maybe the Panthers game Josh pulled out? He did play really well against the Chiefs I will give you that one. Other than that McCown has lost every game against playoff teams and the Chiefs may not make the playoffs either giving him only one win against a playoff team. The Jets are in last place with McCown starting every game. Would we be more in last place with Petty Starting?

abc and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And yet, you are CONVINCED WITHOUT A DOUBT that Petty sucks and can't possibly win a game.o_O I've gotta say you have a real case of the red ass against that kid.

abc likes this.
  21. Cman68

Just like the Head Coach.

22. GasedAndConfused

funny because we held them to 14 points. defense played great. we would have won had it not been for petty. powell carried the offense and busted a 60+ yard TD run and that's all the offense we had. McCown would have won that game