Petty: "I'm the #1 Qb"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Gotta luv the kid's moxie...

Taken from today's ESPN.com/New York:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...ets-quarterback-bryce-petty-i-say-im-the-no-1

Well Kid, your time will come. I doubt if it will here but you're no Ratliff or Simms, or Sanchez or any of the other wannabe qbs the Jets have ruined over the years. You got what it takes to play in the NFL even if this FO/CS is too stubborn to realize it. Do yourself a favor and get the hell out of here when your rookie deal is up. There are other teams that have a clue about developing Qb's. Just your shit luck you got drafted by the most Qb Stupid franchise in the history of the NFL. You'll be free soon enough and one day, I hope you'll look back on this laughing on your way to glory.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Petty. I love your fire. But I bet big money on Raiders covering 14 points. I am afraid if you play, you will make it hard on Raiders to cover 14 points. I know that and a lot of Jet fans know that but your idiot coach doesn't know that. That said, good luck kid. I hope you end up playing this season and show everyone what an idiot your coach Bowles is.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lol, didn't we rip Millner for saying something similar back a few years ago.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yea but Milliner actually sucked.

5. FJF

Chances are they will have that in common too.

zace, Jets69 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No... Milliner said he was the best CB in the NFL.. Huge difference than saying I'm the #1 Qb on a drifting franchise. Unlike Milliner, Petty has already proven he's the best Qb presently on the roster in spite of his CS.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm fine with letting the kid play. What, are we saving him for when the huns invade?

zace and PulseJet like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

"It ain't bragging when you can back it up".

Milliner couldn't. We'll see if Petty can (I think he can).

Cman68 and boozer32 like this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I think he's just being Petty...

Waka Waaaakaaaaaa

10. FJF

petty will count his lucky stars if he somehow squeezes out a mccown like career. i mean even the guy that traded up for him felt the need to draft another one the following year, granted he isn't exactly a talent finding savant but it does raise an eyebrow

i am trying to imagine the outrage if hack had said this, or geno a couple of years ago.
    it's funny how the same actions are forgiven for one and shamed for another.

K'OB and zace like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

Serious question:

Why are you so convinced that Petty is nothing more than a back up? What actual evidence do you have? Admittedly he hasn't produced a large body of work, but that also means he hasn't produced a lot of bad things, at least to my eyes. I'm not saying he's a FQB, but I'm not necessarily ruling it out completely - although it's highly unlikely he'd become one on this team.

But what is it that has you convinced he's nothing more than a backup?

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just hope it doesn't take ten games and likely eight to ten losse to finally get him in there.

One of the largest mistakes this franchise has made in the past three years is not giving Petty or Hackenberg some run sooner last season.

Was there any reason to put Fitzpatrick back in when we were 3-7 heading into our bye week? That was the perfect opportunity to give the kid two weeks to prepare. At 3-8 we gave Fitzpatrick ANOTHER start in that travesty of a fucking game against the Colts. Then we sent Petty on the road three time zones across the country to start against the 9ers.

Do we have anyone in the organization thinking about his fricken stuff?

We also need to take the handcuffs off when he does play and not go run, run, 4 yard pass on 3rd & 8 and then punt.

We have absolutely nothing to lose this year. Let the kid air the ball out.

NY Jets68, macbk, ajax and 3 others like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Agree 100%!

It was a major mistake for the Jets to coddle Petty and Hack. It would've been okay if they had a good QB ahead of them, and were grooming them, like Rogers behind Favre, but they didn't have anyone like that, despite giving Fitz $12 million - money doesn't make the QB, performance does, and his career stats showed Fitz to be mediocre at BEST, hardly a FQB. Especially last season, after he threw 6 picks in one game! Why in the hell wasn't Petty brought on? Whether that was Macc or Bowles or Woody's decision, all three are still on the job and that doesn't bode well for Petty or the team.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. FJF

i doubt his ability to read a defense, make the right read, move off the first read. i didn't see the head move too much when he played last year.

zace and Jets69 like this.
  15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The question is, can he stay healthy?

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

17. ColoradoContrails

I admit I'm nowhere near an expert, and I can only go off what the chosen camera angles show, but I DO see him reading defenses and making changes at the line. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

18. FJF

best thing you can do for a qb is throw on 1st down when the defense has to play a little more honest. we never do that

HomeoftheJets and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm actually fine with coddling a quarterback sometimes, especially if you think you can win games with someone else. But it's pointless when the guy is in year 2 and 3 and the team is heading absolutely nowhere.

You can also coddle a quarterback while they're on the field. Give them easy completions to get them in a rhythm. We do not do that.

We owed it to ourselves last year to figure it out and not judge the player on one game. We need to correct that wrong for sure this year. A young quarterback needs at least 5-6 years to gel and get themselves on a path of consistency. Hell they really need 2 years, but since we don't have that I'd like to see Petty get AT LEAST 8 starts in a row this year to see if he can at least be the backup moving forward or even the interim starter if we don't want to start our top pick QB next season right away.

I'm also not against benching the quarterback we choose to start the year next year. But we can only do so if Petty is competent enough to run an NFL offense.

And just cut Hackenberg after the season already. The experiment is over, honestly. Petty is far and away a better player and he's proved it multiple times. It'll be telling when we finally do cut Hackenberg when he gets invited to a team's camp and doesn't make the roster. Then we'll finally have our confirmation that he's not Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the league agrees.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

All that madden he's playing is really going to his head.