Petty FINALLY getting some respect..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 1, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

There are some exceptions but...dumb qb's with weak arms have a hard time in this league. Maybe he can be a caretaker for a defense/running game led franchise but winning is a lot different in the NFL. Look at Vince Young. Another boneheaded soft tosser.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one has ever called Watson dumb. He has to have some real football smarts to have done what he did in college. Again, my first choice was Mahomes, but I would've taken Watson. Do you really think Adams will transform this team? I sure don't, even if he is as good as the hype. A Safety isn't ever going to take you to the SB, let alone win one for you.

3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bigtime safeties are absolutely critical to success in the NFL. We may have two. Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Ronnie Lott, Dick Anderson, Donnie Shell. All critical to Super Bowl championship teams.

We need a top QB as well, None were to be had in this draft. Next years draft is when we get him.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I can see we'll have to agree to disagree.

Just curious...the QBs on their teams - better or worse than what the Jets have? In every case they had an above average, if not great QB that got them to those games. Bottom line: There's the QB, and then 10 other guys.

5. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Honestly trubiski is doing a lot better than I thought he would have. His college clips left me cold, but he looks the same in the pros as he did in college. Steady, good decisions, accurate. I found myself cheering for him. So, that a lot of people are surprised with trubiski, it lends truth to what you're saying, there weren't any choices. It's just preseason, but he shows more promise than anything we've had in ages.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Youre the best cman60, but i am not sure being lauded as having the talent to be a back up on this current roster is a sign of respect.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

These ARE the Jets we're talkin bout here... :)