Peter King final Mock Draft Rosen to the Jets

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Apr 23, 2018.

1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't trust all of these Mayfield to Jets, done-deal stories.

I'm perfectly fine with Baker, but I prefer Rosen.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha and he says it could just as easily be mayfield..covering his bases, is he?

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If you predict every possibility, you can't be wrong. So THAT'S how you build a career like he has.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's going to be Mayfield. King is a respected guy but not all that plugged into the Jets

Another thought I had, Jamal Adams and Mayfield started following each other on social media as soon as he left Florham Park. I just feel during his outing with the Jets, Adams played a huge part in it and they were told outright by Mac, Bowles and Johnson...you'll lead the offense, you'll lead the defense. Now let's go get it...

7. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Mac, Bowles and Johnson are professionals, even though some of you may think they aren't good at their jobs, there is no way they are acting as if he's already on the team when he still has the potential to be drafted 1st or 2nd. These guys are all friends with each other on social media. I think this is a stretch....

#7 JETS1116, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  8. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the ramble but I'm stating my pick for Rosen here:

To me, Rosen is the best quarterback in this draft at the moment, and I know he'll get even better.
    Darnold is slightly behind him, but with more potential and more risk.
    Allen is behind both of them, with far more potential but far more risk and I doubt he will hit that ceiling.
    Mayfield is a 6'0.75" QB with small hands (9.25" compared to other short QBs: Wilson and Brees' 10.25"), playing from a spread offense, against inferior defenses in the college level. He also is a punk that is trying to change his perception for the draft. He put up great stats in college, but so did Geno Smith. He threw for 656 yards and 8 TDs with an 88% completion percentage against Baylor in 2012.

Check Walterfootball's report on Josh Rosen, which is similar to most reports online and my eye-test from the few UCLA games that were on TV:
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JRosen.php

Notice how his strengths are at quarterbacking and his perceived weaknesses only include like-ability and durability. If he's winning NFL games and acting like a professional, his teammates will respect him, and that's achieved with good quarterbacking. Regarding durability...football players get hurt once in a while, but as a QB, it's not as much as an issue compared to a more contact oriented position. Concussions are more serious injuries as I believe you are more susceptible to getting them after having them, and it can basically snowball. That being said, I believe he's had 2 documented. How many undocumented hits to the head has Darnold or Allen or Mayfield gotten that's not being talked about? QBs get hit....Favre said he's had thousands and he was still able to play to a high level until he was 40.

http://beta.nydailynews.com/sports/...opens-thousands-concussions-article-1.3930213

This situation reminds me of Dak Prescott and the knocks on how much he was beat up in college:
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

...and Russell Wilson, great resume but only weakness is he was too short:
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/russell-wilson?id=2532975

I wanted the Jets to draft both of these guys as I've noticed there is no knock to their actual game. Rosen is my next guy. Will be praying to the football gods on Thursday.

cgrec and FJF like this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I admit it's kind of a stretch but...kind of weird I dont think mayfield is following any other potential future teammates

Also I believe the documentary filmmaker following mayfield has come out and said he believes Mayfield is going to the Jets fot reasons he can't get into at the moment

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

rosen reminds me of pennington a bit.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

fixed that for ya..