Perspective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pseudo Spike, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

Good game guys. Sloppy all around. I know you don't feel like it but try to focus on the positives. You have your franchise QB and a sh!t ton of cap space. The team will look totally different next year. Let Sam learn this year and well, maybe get rid of Bowles.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Sam survives.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Thanks for your pity post. Now do the world a favor and get lost.

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You’re correct on all counts but this fan base will never focus on the positive. All of the Jets weaknesses today were exposed - shaky OL, lack of a consistent outside pass rush, and yes questionable play calling . None of this was exactly a secret considering the Jets are still considered rebuilding.

5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I do not blame the sam... but more of the coaching staff. The run on 1st down was not working... They didn't open the O until the were down by 20 pts. yet you have these guys talking about playing aggressive. Poor OC game plan, poor adjustments...

The 2nd INT was on the WR not SAM....

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sam is going to have his ups and downs - a bad pick - the other not his fault . Showed some good zip was plagued by drops and bad protection particularly the left side ..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ot is more a priority than a skills position

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PJ4Ever and Cman68 like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

This was a winnable game, but too many mistakes. Yes, I know it's the players who play, but why do the good coaches seem to have players who make fewer mistakes? And the "O" game plan sucked! Defense was decent, especially for being on the field so much, but they also made some bad mistakes. Darnold is going to be okay if he doesn't get killed. He made mistakes, but also made some big plays and was let down a few other potentially big plays, but Bates isn't helping him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Bates was a big reason for this loss. Way too conservative

NoodleArm and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

And not having Sam roll out/throw on the run more. That was working great, but having him sit back and have to deal with the Fin's pass rush was causing him problems. I get wanting to make him learn how to be a pocket passer and handle the rush, but this wasn't the right approach.

Overall the play calling seemed to be out of touch with what was happening on the field.

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The left side of the Jet Oline sucks period. They all need to be replaced. Anderson aka Twig is more of a Tyreek Hill style of player and should not be involved on any pass plays shorter than 20yds. This team may have a bunch of lunch pail guys but they still need a bonifide playmaker other than Q to go to. We may have a FQB and we may not. What we don't have is the means to utilize that talent nor the brains on the Staff to use him effectively. Bates is still in OJT mode as is Bowles even though he's been HC for 4 years. This team will only go as far as its CS will take them. We'll be watching other teams in the playoffs this year unless this entire team and its CS has some epiphany during the season. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Bates had images of Petty getting smashed and didn't want that to happened to Sam.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I didn't expect playoffs at all this year anyway honestly

14. Mark Lattimer

Mark Lattimer Member

Honestly, the Jets are a good team when they avoid the 'bonehead factor'. Sadly, this doesn't happen often enough, and that's on the coaches.

Things could be a LOT worse though. No way will you see any Jets walking off and retiring at half-time as just happened to the Bills!

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Maybe but Sam was moving the ball in the air

16. ColoradoContrails

You know what I was waiting to see? When the Jets were down to see Bowles/Bates open up the playbook and show some urgency. I get not being crazy and panicking, not saying that. But dammit! Quit acting like you have all the time in the world, like you can score at will any time you want, like you have a Tom Brady on your team.

And again, burned a T.O. in the 2nd qtr for what? Could've sure used it at the end of the half!

I see passionate players, and some very good talent, but there are major holes, and a CS that doesn't seem to be able to minimize them.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oline and edge rusher is a priority

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This is an entirely different game if Herndon doesn't make that huge drop or if Pryor runs the right route or at least bats down that ball in the end zone. It was a sloppy game and the O-line didn't play well but it still didn't feel like one of those typical Jet games where it was over and you just had no hope that they had a chance of coming back or scoring at all.

19. ColoradoContrails

That's true. I felt some hope they could still win even down 20-0. But when it was still 20-6 well into the 4th qtr. I was wondering where the urgency was?

I hope - but don't expect - that Bowles has an absolute shit fit on the guys who made mistakes today, and maybe even benches some of them to make the point that mistakes aren't acceptable, but I suspect he won't do this, and the message will be "Well boys you tried hard and that's all we can ask".

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I do not 100% agree with the first statement.
    Early in the game we doing no back in the backfield passes on first down.