people against trading up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

I'll make this short. I am pissed that we are trading up and I am more pissed that we want leinart instead of bush. I rather us stay put and deal abe to another team for a first round of next years draft. Who agrees with me

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm against trading up for leinart, I'm for trading up for bush.

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The whole idea of drafting anybody in the top10 pisses me off. We will have no leverage to stockpile picks. Do any of you have business sence?
    Its basic MicroEconomics and the rule of supply and demand...
    the demand for a top 10 pick is high and the supply is low...we should use this to our advantage since no one player will turn this team around, howerver 2-3 top 40 picks may be the building block of the future?

4. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Face it we are rebuilding, with new coach and GM philosphy

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Relax, all. We are not trading up. We are not getting Bush. We will wait and see what falls to us at #4 and go from there. There should be at least one QB available at #4. If something weird happens and somebody wants to make a deal with us and we trade down, so be it, there is an upside.

I don't see it going much different.

Where ever the rumors came from yesrterday, that is exactly what they were, rumors. Get ready, because there will be a plethora more where they come from.

6. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

yea this is true, we will not be trading up at all, but I would like to see us trade down with a team that is anxious to move up on draft day like possibly the raiders since al davis is a nut job, maybe we could work something out where we get there 2nd round pick and 1st then we move again to another team who wants to get in the top 10 for another 2nd round pick and a 1st. at that point you will have a 1st round pick 3 2nd rounders and a 3rd on the 1st day.

7. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

I see it as a smoke screen on Texans Gm Charlie Casserly's part. He's talking the value for this pick up. No way the Jets trade up with the amount of needs they have. One player is not going to be the answer here. If you do trade up to the number 1 Logic would dictate that it would be for reggie bush and although he could be a phenomnial player we can't just give up the farm when we are going to get a primo pick at 4. It just does not make sense.

8. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Since when are we trading up?

9. 1028

1028 Active Member

Short indeed. And pointless. Couldnt you have posted this in one of the many other threads?

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Have you wiretapped Tannenbaum's office? How do you know that we are trading up? The Jets offices are locked down tighter than NORAD, and at this time any rumors and speculation you hear are just that, rumors and speculation.

Nobody with any credibility inside the organization is going to tip their hat as to which direction this team is heading come draft day.

The only thing I place any stock in right now is the Abe for draft picks scenario. That being said, I DO NOT want to trade up this year....

#10 KOZ, Feb 28, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I want to become a card-carrying member of PATU (People Against Trading Up). Please send me an application form. Thank you.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This would not bother me one bit.

13. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I'd like join this. I'd like to trade down if possible

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Thet last tine we traded up the Jets got suckered into paying an average DT top 5 money.

The only way is to stand pat at #4 for a QB or trade down to help rebuild.

15. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Come on man...

Don't believe any of this crap-- This isn't even close to true-- have you ever heard of a smokescreen? Funny how in the middle of negotiations with Chad, there are talks about the jets trading up to the $22 million #1 spot for a QB. Maybe that was supposed to add a little pressure on Condon and CP.

16. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I would rather trade down myself. The only instance I could accept in trading up is for Leinart. Trading up for Bush is a dumb idea, and if that were to happen, my short amount of faith in this new group of leaders would be shot tohell.