Penny restructuring = No QB in the Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jfhjr71, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jfhjr71

jfhjr71 New Member

Using some common sense and logic with Penny rerstructuring there is no way we are going to draft a QB.

We will sign a veteran QB, have Penny and a cheap third stringer.

This points to either D'Brickshaw or trading down..IMO

I would like to trade down a few and grab HAWK.."Defense wins Championships!"

2. Attyla

Attyla New Member

i was wondering why everyone is talking about a QB when you are keeping chad. I think your right, you need a vet back up and see how chad progresses in his health issues

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

when you have an offense that can score more then 5.5 ppg

4. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

Who is going to block for chad and curtis if they go for hawk

5. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Most likely i dont think theyll draft one but they will sign one in free agency i hope its Kitna.

6. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I don't think restructuring Chad rules out drafting a QB...it all depends on how this Abe thing pans out. If we somehow come out with 2 first round picks, anything's possible. Besides, restructuring Chad doesn't guarantee that he'll be able to bounce back anyway.whatever "veteran" they bring in to compete with Chad will probably be a short term solution.

7. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I really think we need to make that trade with the Lions. If so, I would draft either D'Brick or Mario at 4 and Hawk or Williams/White at 9. We could use our round two pick and address right tackle. I don't rate anyone at quarterback in this draft other than Matt Leinart as worthy of a top ten pick. A guy like Hawk brings an intensity and ferocity that would energize the front seven, and Williams is physically astounding, with a frame that makes him versatile.

-X-

8. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I would draft D'Brick at 4, and Vernon Davis at 9, and Mangold at 36

9. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

if we get Brick I thisk A.Jones would be good a RT. We wold have 2 extreamly fast and quick OT's if our O-line starters are Brick, Kendell, Goodwin, Moore, amd Jones we would have a very good line.

Also if the Abe to lions trade is true then we could get White. Our O would be back on track.

10. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I think restructuring Chad makes us more likely to take a QB. Then TB and EM will not feel as though the rookie has to come in and start right away. Chad is a smart guy who can help the young guy learn. Not sure if he would want to groom his replacement, but hey, Brees did it, and if he did not get hurt, would still be doing it.

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This year will suck so badly I'm already looking forward to 2007.

Just like the old Jets this FO wants to live in mediocrity. We are keeping Chad which is a horrible mistake and now they might sign a backup like Kitna. So we will have three #2s and no true starting QB.

I am tired of FO personnel that are afraid to put the trigger. We needed a fresh start with a new face at QB and yet we have to pin our hopes once again on a scared broken down QB.

I will predict right now that even if Chad does start, he will have more INTs than TDs. Getting my paper bag out!

12. Penny Restructuring is a very foolish reason not to draft a QB.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Out of all the darkness I hear great words wisdom. We need to build some excitement and that could be done by adding a fresh face at QB.

14. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Does not mean that at all. The Jets could still pick a QB, if not in the first round, then definitely later on. There are many reasons for this. Figure them out.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I agree. Chad's restructure only buys time and patches up the position. I don't realistically expect Chad to ever come back to anywhere near his 2002 form. It's just not happening, IMO.

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

By reducing our cap hit and signing Chad we are in a position to rebuild the club faster. The moves that the Jets have made so far this off season have set the team up for a much faster rebuild than otherwise could have been accomplished.

Think of the signing of Chad as a vehicle that allows us to bring in 2 additional players instead of a commitment to Chad being the QB next year or any time in the future.

17. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Kitna is the only NFL quality QB that we can get at a good price and we should focus on getting him before anything at 12:01 AM Thursday morning.

IF Kitna is signed we will not be taking a QB before the 5th round in April... if Kitna or another vet is not signed then we will take one sometime on the first day. It's as simple as that... we'll see how things pan out.

18. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

But Jones cannot be much of a run blocker for us... we need our RT to be a big mauling run blocker more then anything.

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Are you saying that because you know how the Jets have this draft rated or is that just a guess?

20. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

We restructured Chad b/c we couldn't afford to release him and he couldn't afford to be released. We will be getting another QB. Mangini has loyalty to no-one. It was a one year deal for a reason... Cutler will be our starting QB come 2007.... you heard it here first... actually it's like the 23,987,456 time.. but hey, who's counting?