Pats trade Cook

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Apr 3, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

patriots trading Cook and a 4th to the rams for 2 picks in this years draft. CBS not reporting what picks.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

LA sent their 1st and 6th for Cooks

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

So much for the Beckham talk.

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

*Patriots trade Gronk, #23 and #31 for the first overall pick, steal our QB*

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

wow lol. pats trade their 1st rounder (32nd overall) for cooks. use him 1 year, then trade him for the rams 1st rounder (23rd overall) and a 4th rounder. If cooks went for that much, I guess i can see ODB getting a 1st and a 2nd rounder

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Allbright saying he's hearing NE wants Rosen.

7. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Patriots don’t have enough to get to number 2 to giants to get Rosen

8. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

No team is going to give up a 2nd or 1st round pick for the 23rd and 30th pick

9. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me....high profile players like these don't stick around NE very long. They build with their own guys for the most part and augment positions of need year to year on incentive based/short term contracts. We had a very Patsy free agency actually....

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't even think the 23, 31, and their 2 second are enough to move up to 2. Giants are taking a QB, that pick is priceless to them.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

so basically the pats gained a pick and moved up 8 spots in this years draft,,,,and u wonder why we are a mess and they are not

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I also doubt the Giants would have interest in trading with NE

13. GasedAndConfused

everyone reported it backwards apparently.

the pats trade cooks and a 4th rounder
    the rams trade a 1st rounder (23rd overall) and a 6th rounder

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. Mac 100% did the right thing getting us to 3 assuming we like 3 of the available QBs.

Arzona,Buffalo,Miami,San Diego & now New England all are showing interest in taking a QB.. some have major ammunition others just a wing & a prayer but those war rooms will be pressure cookers..the price to trade up will only increase by the day.

I don’t think Bellicheat will get in a bidding war to trade up top5..that’s not his style. If they do move up like that it could very well be Kraft calling the shots to try & save face from trading Jimmy G.

I still have my $ on Miami doing something crazy to move up.The winds of change will be too much for Tannenbaum to resist

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

How far up can the pats get with 2-1’s and 2-2’s?
    And would they use it all to get Tommy’s heir and not try to get him one more ring?
    If you’re Tommy how pissed are you if they trade their best receiver and then give up the draft for your replacement?

Attackett and stinkyB like this.
  16. They have the ammo to get to 2. But I highly doubt Giants would trade w them esp if Buffalo is another suitor who has even more ammo & more attractive draft landing spots

17. GasedAndConfused

based on what we gave up, if a team uses that as a baseline, they can't get past us. we gave up something like 2800 points in draft value to get the 3rd pick (2200 points) and the giants turned it down as well (2600 points) so i'd think the giants want more then the 2800 we offered. their 2 1st rounders are only 1360 points (worth less then our 6th overall) so at least that plus their 2 2nds put them at 2106. next years first for them is likely only worth around 300-400 points.

So realistically to jump us they would have to give up their 1st rounders this year (both) and next year, as well as both 2nd rounder this eyar and next year and probably a bit more.

In short I can't see a team trying to jump us, I think teams are going to look at the 5-8 spot to trade up and grab a QB that drops before miami picks 11. If the giants and broncos both pass on a QB, expect the colts phone to be ringing with some crazy offers from buffalo. I also don't see NE trading up at all. it's not their MO. they landed late round QBs a few times. I could see them taking a flyer on a QB later in the draft

NYJFOREVER, Attackett, Noam and 2 others like this.
  18. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

You are forgetting one thing, that is if the Pats feel like they aren't going to move forward with Gronk past this year, he's easily worth a 1st and more.We've seen B.B. do this many times with players he knows he's not going to sign long term.The bottom line is the Pats have more than enough at this point to get past the Jets, hell they could get to 1 very easily with a package of something like Two 1's Gronk and a Two. The Browns may love a deal like that, they get three low picks in a deep draft and the best TE in the game, all while keeping the 4th over all for their QB. However I just don't see the Pats doing this unless they see one of those QB's as the clear replacement for Brady in the next few years. More likely I think this puts them in a great place to just take BPA as the board falls, it also allows them perfect positioning to Jump to 10-15 if someone they really want drops.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I saw the title and was hoping Brady's personal chef was given the boot...... bring on the twinkies and soda!

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Welp. Two 1s or a 1 and both 2s for OBJ looks pretty promising for them atm. Woulnd't surprise me one bit

Br4d likes this.