Pats Punishment is in!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan2004, Sep 13, 2007.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Hmm, not as harsh as I had hoped, but let's face it, losing a first round pick is going to leave a mark.:grin:

I think anyone in the NFL, BTW, would trade a loss to an divisional opponent in exchange for that opponent losing a first round pick. I'm sure Belly sees it the same way. Too bad he is on the losing end on this deal.

TBTF

2. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Not enough....player misconduct = suspension,coach/team misconduct = fine...crap frankly i'm surprised with Goddel on this one...if they dont make the playoffs they still have 2 first round picks which though unlikely is just a joke...

The NFL is just like FIA and any other sports organization worldwide they take care of their own (Kraft)....FYI the FIA issue has to do with mclaren stealing Ferrari's technical documents

3. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

No suspension???

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Not enough, should've been this plus belly suspended and loss of win vs. jets.

5. jetsfan4ever80

jetsfan4ever80 New Member

I'm content with this outcome, a 1st round draft pick is pretty massive, and the maximum fine on BB is great. Another plus is the massive publicity this has received and the negative response intelligent analysts have given (Not Salisbury.)

6. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Why did Goodell not suspend Belly? Here's a quote on just that topic from Goodell in a letter to the Patriots, as listed on foxsports.com...

"Goodell said he had considered suspending Belichick but didn't "largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

7. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Weak, a draft pick & 500k. The Timberwolves got hit harder just for screwing with the cap.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

what happens to that draft slot if the patriots are stripped of it? that will change the entire dynamic of the first round. that draft selection should be given to the jets or randomly assigned to another team.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Weak sauce...You know Kraft is gonna pony up for bill's fine, which to him, is like 5 bucks to you or me...so they take away one pick...big frickin' deal...I think a forfeit and/or suspension would have been more appropriate.

^^in response to the above post...that's just ridiculous...randomly assigned!?!...what do you think this is...basketball?

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Seems awfully weak to me.

Oh well, at least we know Jets football is back in full gear.

Anyone want to place bets on who fumbles first on Sunday?

11. MrTibbs

MrTibbs New Member

Only thing the Jets will get is a rematch and another a** smashing come December.

BOOK IT!

12. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

alittle weak.

No suspension, and who get's the pick ??

1 less college kid to be a #1

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

its not enough...belly should have been suspended 2 games at the very least

14. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

A 1st round pick loss is more important long term to the Pats than a suspension. No matter how long the suspension is this year, the Pats look solid. I could sub-coach this team for 3 or 4 games and still get them into the playoffs. But long term, that's where this stings. Here's a question, what do the following players have in common:

Richard Seymour, Brandon Meriweather, Lawrence Maroney, Daniel Graham, Logan Mankins, Vince Wilfork, Benjamin Watson, Ty Warren.

Answer: They are all first round draft picks over the past few years for the Pats. Now losing one of these players hurts more than not having Belly on the side line a few weeks. This punishment is adequate and awesome in my book...

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

hey bud you are missing one asterisk..

16. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

Well who knows what the next great scheme the future hold for BB, or what's if anything is going to come from the radio frequency allegations....

does anyone know if the current punishments cited both the taping and the radio frequencies or just the taping? Is anyone at the NFL still looking into that?

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agreed. And does anyone here really think that Belly wouldn't be involved in gameplanning and coaching in some way even if he was suspended? The man only knows how to cheat and ignore the rules.

TBTF

18. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

The only way it would hurt more is if they lost both picks and suspended Beli for the year.

19. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

LOL :grin: :grin:

The Pats had two first round choices to begin with. I'd much rather keep the SF choice. The Pats choice is going to be 32nd anyway. This year only two draft choices made the team, and one of them is probably going to be inactive for every game. We'll just use the cap space to buy another free agent.

The $500k? ............BB makes $5 or 6M a year. He can afford it.

The Pats Dynasty lives on!!!

Enjoy your Rat coach, and crappy team!

Can't wait until December to watch Mangina get it handed to him again!!!

Hahahahahahahahhahhaahhahahhaha :grin: :grin: :grin:

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you..