Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Honestly who ever replaces Mo can't be much worse. It's remarkable how far his play fell after he got paid.

ajax, The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Good one nerd.

[​IMG]

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I've gotta disagree with you on this.
    I'm ok giving them extra downs early, as I believe the overall quality of their downs will be affected by hitting Br*dy.

Hit him and he'll turn bitch, ie yelling at refs, then yelling at teammates, then seeing ghosts as his pocket clock gets messed with, then pouting on sidelines.
    that's the progression every time we've beaten them.

It's worth the risk of drawing a flag as long as it's not at a critical point in the game. At the very least, it's more satisfying to watch, and if we aggravate that injury further all the better.
    That to me is better than playing it safe or trying to match points in a shootout.

play smart, but don't pull any punches!

#163 BacktoQueens, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Jonathan_Vilma and Walt White like this.
  4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Victory is attainable tomorrow. It seems like a very uphill battle given where the Jets are and where the patsies are. But put all of psychological nonsense aside, this game can be won.

For me, you'll know whether the Jets can win this game within the first 5 minutes? That's because it all boils down to the DL.

If the DL can keep Sharron and DD clean, they'll be free to roam. They'll be free to shoot gaps. They'll be free to assist in pass coverage.

It means that the entire front 7 is doing their job. They'll be stopping the run as effectively as they did against the Dolphins. It means the patsy offense will only be a passing threat. It also means play action won't work for them.

If the DL does their job and does it as well or better than in the Dolphins game, the Jets will be there with victory within their grasp right up to the end.

On offense everyone knows Belichick will make every effort to take away TWO of the Jets best offensive weapons. Morton should assume up front that the running game will likely get shut down. He should assume their defense will try to take ASJ or Jermaine Kearse out of the picture as well. Belichick wants McCown to prove to him that he can beat the patsies by passing the ball to guys like Robbie Anderson or Ardarius Stewart or Chad Hansen? So all of the unusual paths to scoring points will need to be utilized in order to win.

However, this offense simply isn't capable of winning a track meet and therefore the DL MUST play better than they have since about two seasons ago. THAT is our path to victory tomorrow.

5. Walt White

He'll try to be cautious to protect himself. So if there's a chance to annihilate him you take it. On a blitz or if he dares to leave the pocket. Don't play patty cake with him 'cause he's special, or he brings in the money to the league, or you're scared to give him some penalty yards, or any of that shit. You're on your heels at that point. Somebody's gotta hit him, Skrine, on a blitz...anybody. Gotta bring this into the gutter.

If it's close the ST's have to perform. Being home hopefully helps the kickers.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Will be getting extremely loud tomorrow- all in attendance, please do the same!!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Preach!

I 100% agree...
    Don't try to match points....that's their game.
    We need to change their game, which involves hitting and frustrating Br*dy.

Good point about specials too.
    Belichick's teams are always near flawless on specials, and I've seen them win countless close games from it (last week even).
    Can't make any mistakes there.

Walt White likes this.
  8. Walt White

I know that you know that team better than I do. I can barely watch it most of the time. Lol. But I know you can't lose that ST's battle, especially at home, or give in to anything with them. So even if the game is out of reach you take Br*dy's other arm off. They would do likewise, any way you slice it, any way they sugar coat it.*

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm already pacing.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Darnold should be the topic of your next fairytale. We have already played our way out of contention for him.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed. J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

9.5 Underdogs, I think the Jets would cover the spread if they were the favorites. Hope I am right. 34-24 Jets.

JetDan likes this.
  12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Fixed.

13. jetophile

We're gonna breeze in tomorrow around noon. And breeze out around 12:01.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Brady to get hit often. If the jets somehow win, that's just gravy

15. jetophile

Wavy Gravy. There's always a little bit of heaven in the disaster area.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tank or no tank. I will never ever hope for a loss to the damn Patriots.

Feed me Brady.

18. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Frankly I don,t believe the Pats story line ie: injuries to Brady, Oline and defense not performing well.

Remember these guys cheat and have been caught more than once.

Then again, who says the Jets are not putting out false narratives about our own players etc.

I will be there to support my team, yell as loud as I can, and hopefully see the Jets defeat the Patriots.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

4 and a half hours to Go Time!!!

The whole football world is split 50/50 on this game...which frankly is not what I expected

Will the Puncher knock out the Heavyweight???? Or back Palookaville??

Lotsa drama coming this PM......Wowza

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jets stand a better chance of winning this year simply because Master Chan isn't calling plays anymore. John Morton so far has devised far better schemes that actually fit our personnel limited as they are and against the bottom feeders, its worked. The Raider game not so much. Hopefully we're in for a good game today instead of the annual embarrassment.