Pass Rush, or The Lack Thereof

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 21, 2018.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

It astonishes me how even when bringing 6 rushers this team can't even generate an off-time throw, let alone a sack. This is a good defensive unit missing a pass rusher, we know this but reversely I'm in amazement how easily teams only rush 4 and collapse our o-line like a house of cards.

We have a D with sky high potential, but it will NEVER be reached without at least one legitimate edge rusher. Does that player come this season via trade, or in FA in the off season?

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We have nothing to trade, and what's the point during the season? Might as well let the season play out and then look to sign one in FA during the offseason.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Should of traded for Mack. It’s much easier to sign OL in free agency then to find a once in a decade talent like Mack in his prime.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We did a great job first half and a terrible job second half. We need to scheme to get pressure. Its what happens when you dont have an every down player who can effectively blitz the QB.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

In fairness, there was a quote saying that we were willing to beat whatever the Bears offered but the Raiders wanted him out of the AFC so badly they wouldn't accept.

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

They were gassed

But still no excuse

7. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

If the offense could stay on the field longer the defense would have stayed strong into the 2nd half.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Blame Macc, thats what I do. #MaccOut

9. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Th sky high potential piece gets my response.. I’ve heard for YEARS about that..with different guys and units.. always comes down to us no having a pass rusher they say..Yet one thing we are great at, collapsing when it matters.. Wether Rex or Bowles these guys always collapse.. seriously how many big stops in real games do we get? Even tonight..did anyone really think we would hav stopped Cleveland on 4tg&1?