Over/Under Jets Wins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, May 13, 2017.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

This is the issue......we will no doubt see more horror but the football gods will keep us out of the top 3 draft picks.....

You just know thats gonna happen.

CBG likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

I say we prepare Hackenberg as opening day starter.

Give him as many practice reps and preseason playing time as possible (with our first string starters). We'll either see Hack get beat up and struggle or we'll see a kid with great size and a strong arm impress.

We'll head into the draft with either a top 5 draft pick or a promising young QB to attack the draft and free agency with.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno Smith started 16 games for the Jets in 2013, his rookie year, and they went 8-8.

That didn't mean we had our QB of the future.

I'd rather McCown gets us out to a comfy 0-3 before they put Hack in. Then if Hack plays well he might lift the team but there's no way he's playing mediocre and getting anything out of a team prepared to lose 13+ games at that point.

The Jets won game one against the Bucs in the last 30 seconds of the game when the Bucs screwed up and Geno led a ridiculous FG drive after that horrific penalty by the Bucs. That was enough lift to get us out to 3-2 and then 4-3 and then 5-4 until Geno's TO's finally caught up to the Jets in November.

God help us if we catch a lucky break or two early on next season and win 6 games with Hack playing like Geno played in 2013. There are no moral victories when a franchise QB goes by the boards because you couldn't lose enough games to get the pick you needed and nobody will trade him for any price because he's the real deal.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I have an idea.... Let's hire Mehta as HC for this year.

manish can't write about NYJ
    everyone else gets to shit on him
    NYJ guaranteed 1st overall pick

win-win-win

Anyone up for a billboard?

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We'll be so bad this coming season the NFL will give us two first round picks.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying, but I don't want McCown seeing the field unless both Petty and Hack are injured and unable to play. McCown could just as easily (and with our luck, he would), have a resurgence, play well, and the Jets be 2-1 or 3-0 after those 3 games. Due to their lack of playing experience in the NFL (especially Hack), and a new OC and offensive system, I think that either Petty or Hack would have a much more difficult time leading the Jets to a 3-0 record. With his years of experience, McCown should be more capable of quickly grasping the offense and leading the offense to play more cohesively and consistently. Finally, if all the doubters are correct, and neither Petty nor Hack are the answer at QB, then they're more likely to struggle for that reason as well.

IMO the earlier in the season the Jets have their answers about Petty and Hack, the better. The more time they'll have to plan for the future. If they don't find out until late or the end of the season, the team will possibly be occupied with finding a new CS, and their planning for the QB position will have to take more of a backseat.

TwoHeadedMonster and Peebag like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Went through the schedule when it was released.

Can't see them surpassing 4 wins.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Looking at the roster and the schedule, I'd say we should win somewhere around 4-6 games.

History tells me that if the Jets look like they're headed for a top five draft, they're about to win a playoff game. Next year, they'll be expected to "fall back to earth" and win 7-9 games, and they'll actually improve. The year after that, they'll be favored to win the super bowl, and will win a max of 4 games.

That's just the way things go for this franchise since the Parcells era. The Jets pattern is to win when they shouldn't and lose when they shouldn't (on the season scale, anyway).

So I think 9 wins. Next year 10. 2019- 3 wins.

jixxjr likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Under normal circumstances I would agree,,but in my opinion the Football Gods will be more than satisfied by the CLUELESS Effort our HC gives ,yes Todd Bowels is our answer to the football gods !!!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Just enough to keep us from trying Darnold or Rosen is my answer- haha

they should get 5/6 wins

So I'll go 5.5 as the number

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

3 wins, I hope for 2, I think that's what it will take to get Darnold.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

10 wins or bust baby.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Same here....for some reason I think our Defense is going to be pretty good (young and getting better every game). I can see us getting 5 or 6 wins, which will put us in drafting purgatory for the next 10 years :mad:

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Jets would be wise to go 0-16

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm feeling 5-11, but the only thing I'm really good at is predicting death and destruction. Hey, wait a minute . . . ;) My best prediction ever was Chargers/Jets. I brazenly said, "Kaeding is gonna miss three field goals." I know, I know, kiss my ring. It's not a Super Bowl ring, but still.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I don't know, I honestly can't see the team pulling a Terry Malloy. Do people REALLY think that some kids trying to find their way in the league are going to purposely suck? I would lose all respect for the Jets. Not that they deserve any in the first place. Besides, IF Darnold declares - which there is the slight possibility that he won't - he'll probably decide to stay in school if he's in the Jets cross hairs. Bottom line is, the joke will be on us either way. Also, I can't see how folding like a cheap suit wouldn't leak somehow.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to expect but I say over 7.I don't think we are gonna be as bad as people think.

18. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Someone in another thread said he couldnt wrap his head around the jets not winning 9-10 games. So much young talent i think he said. Ill go with that. Sounds like he has done his research and really has been paying attention for the last 50 years.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ha young talent and I still think we go 6-10 which is still to many wins with how bad we truly are

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't be facetious.