our chances of trading back for picks have plummeted

Discussion in 'Draft' started by chandler, Mar 13, 2019.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Arizona now has Suggs and Jones, so they're more ripe to trade that pick

SF picked up Ford, so they're ripe to trade that pick too, though I can still imagine them picking Bosa if there

So it looks like we'll be picking at 3

Mac and Williams should become BFF so that Mac picks precisely the kind of guy Williams wants

We also don't need to overpay for a pass rusher at this point.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't want to trade back.

I think at 3 we can get a pass rusher with an immediate impact. If Barr stayed on board, I would think differently, but I think a guy like Josh Allen would be huge with CJ Mosley

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Suggs is like a thousand years old.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Suggs was a moronic signing. It's 1 year for 7 million. They guys production dropped like a stone last year and he was invisible in the playoff game against SD. That's a big payday for a 37 year old edge rusher. If they don't take Murray or trade out I think they take an edge rusher at 1.

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I want to trade back if the opportunity presented itself. I would love to recoup a R2 pick so we can land an WR or Center.

Copy & paste from another forum -

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that it is harder but if Kyler goes one (which every indication is he will). The 9ers gave up a 2020 second rounder. I think they'd trade back but if Bosa is there to pair with Ford that'd be a nice one two punch. Us losing Barr hurts and Allen would be great at 3 but for us to move down two spots with Oakland or if the Giants don't get Rosen it'd be a perfect spot to drop back. There are things that still need to happen and us trading back does look less likely but lets see what happens. I still think we'll have an opportunity to move back.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would bet SF is salivating at the opportunity to pair Bosa and Ford.

Although I still think Bosa is going one, and Allen/Williams is going two.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nothing changed. Cards likely take Murray and 49ers take Bosa. If someone wants to trade up for a QB, we'll be available. Otherwise we take Allen (hopefully). Alternatively the 49ers trade back and we get Bosa.

FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I don’t buy this Kyler goes at #1 story. I hope I’m wrong.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Cardinals not at pro day and his height wasn't measured. Love these "interviews." Next time I go on one I'll ask if I can show up at 12:50 50 minutes late so I can summarize the interview.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO the dynamics of the third pick have not changed much at all. If either Bosa or Allen are there at three the likelihood of the Jets trading down diminishes a lot since the turd Barr reneged on his word and handshake. So they will probably run to the podium and pick Allen. Bosa will probably be gone at two.
    However, The options get a little muddy if both Bosa and Allen are gone
    1- Assuming you can get a trade partner they might well trade down and skip the Williams pick. Could the Giants be a trade partner for a QB using the picks they got from Cleveland?
    2- But, but, but ..what if they can not trade down? Is there anyone other than Williams that is close in BPA value that fits Jets needs better. OR..Is Williams considered a key piece in our new D
    The area that still bothers me is OL. Are we still pursuing a C before the draft or are we shit out of luck? That will also change the strategy for us.
    As many have pointed out over and over, all the pieces we have added will make this team better, but not sufficient at all if we cant keep Sam protected.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

#1) Murray to Arizona
    #2) Q. Williams to San Francisco
    #3) Bosa to NYJ

The more I think about this the more I believe it is not only plausible but being willed into existence. Now the Cards might do a 180, but all indications are Murray. After the Ford deal this could very well be the selection 1-3. Now why would a team trade up to #2 to get a QB if they know 2-4 aren't even considering a QB?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Pretty much every center is projected to go rounds 2-3 or later, so I wouldn't worry much about that in the first round.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Williams fell to us.
    Adams fell to us.
    Darnold somewhat fell to us (trade).

Hopefully Nick BOSA falls to us as well.

It's possible.

Sam Darnold.
    Le'Veon Bell.
    Jamal Adams.
    Leonard Williams.
    Nick Bosa.

That would be a GREAT core to build around lol it really would be wow

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not necessarily. there is still only 3 1st round graded QBs in haskins, murray, and lock. There are still a few teams looking at a QB right now as well. The giants at 6 are one of them, for some reason arizona at 1 is rumored to want to take murray. Oakland still has a ton of picks as well and could take a QB at 4. even with carr right now, rumor is they want to move on from him. Bucs at 5 can be in the market as well. they haven't given him a LTD and he is playing on his option year in 2019. The broncos at 10 are said to be in love with lock and could move up for him. Washington and miami are also in the market for a QB. Just like any year Qbs will be overdrafted and teams will be jockeying to move up and get one. On top of that there is also a chance now that bosa could slide to the jets at 3 and even if not we could slide back to 6 and get a guy like sweat as well as land an OT if we trade with the giants and get both their 1st rounders. lots of options in jet land right now

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I do think it would be huge for the Jets to somehow get two firsts or even a second somewhere. 2nd rounder could be ripe for picking up a center or WR.

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We got Bridgewater last year and still traded up for a rookie QB. It’s still doable. Also it wouldn’t kill me if we traded back a bit and didn’t quite get the trade value owed to us. I just want more picks because we need more players.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who would draft Allen over Bosa if we had that choice?

It would take a lot to get me off the 3 pick (unless Allen was gone).

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say it plummeted. Jets still sitting pretty. They can grab their own pick and other teams could panicking call the Hets and offer tons of picks that may be hard to pass up. Use the entire time before make the selection.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. I only consider trade down if both Bosa and Allen are off the board and it really seems like one of them will slip now.

FJF likes this.