onto the bridgewater bandwagon!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Apr 27, 2018.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

$500,000 which is chump change in the NFL.

I have been thinking the same thing lately in regards to Hackenberg. I can see Petty released in the coming weeks and Hackenberg being brought to camp to "battle" Bridgewater for the 3rd and final roster spot .... and if he loses out to Bridgewater, he could land on the Practice Squad because I believe he still is eligible. I don't think Maccagnan is going to let him go just yet.

almbleamal and Cman68 like this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. Hackenberg is practice squad eligible. Petty on the other hand, isn't. If Teddy shows signs if life throughout and during OC, TC and Preseason then we'll have to say good bye to Petty and stash Hackenberg on the practice squad. Best route right there.

3. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

You are not a jets fan if you’re on the Teddy wagon. Enjoy Mangolds retirement ceromony .

4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Let him start the season, give him a chance to increase his trade value for us. Maybe we can steal a 2nd from someone

5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Teddy is 10x the QB that is Hack.

Hack should never take a practice snap away from any other QB on our roster.

And “stash him on the practice squad“?

I’d rather use that spot for someone anyone who the coaching staff would give a firm assurance they might possibly consider thinking about putting them on the practice squad.

CBG likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I could swear I saw a blurb that MacCagnan stated Bridgewater has been found healthy enough to play. As in tomorrow. Don't quote me on it, though. I'll try to find a link somewhere. If I can't, I'll come back and delete the post, as I know there's a law around here about "deliberately posting fake news" - even though this is isn't meant to be so.