Only In Florida/Judge Demoralizes Woman and Then Quits After Woman She Demoralized Dies

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Absolutely absurd. I'm working for a Judge over here at the moment and it's just incomprehensible that he would behave like that. There's getting stern with a contemptuous shithead and then there's being the contemptuous shithead yourself. Hopefully no pension for her after her sudden resignation, the thing most Judges care about.

3. jetophile

That judge was on a power trip. The defendant was up on a misdemeanor for an altercation with her 19 year old daughter. Maybe she wasn't an easy person, maybe there was a history of physical abuse, maybe that's why her daughter had her arrested; but she was in ill health and was treated like a cat turd. She was being respectful in the court room. I hate the overly litigious nature of the U.S., but that bitch judge should be shamed until she dies. Watch her run for Congress.

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Damn, that was tough to watch. That judge is a cunt. I hope she feels bad now that the defendant is dead and really had health issues. Doubt it though. She'll get some other legal work elsewhere.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

A quick check shows she did enter the Democratic primary for the Attorney General seat back in 2006.

2006_Profile:
    MERRILEE EHRLICH Age: 55.
    Home: Fort Lauderdale.
    Family: Divorced; no children.
    Office running for: Attorney General.
    Salary: $131,604 Political experience: Ran for Broward County Court judge in 1992.
    Community involvement: B’nai B’rith Justice Unit #5207, president in 1990, board of trustees, board of directors and officer, 1982 to present; Broward County Teen Court, volunteer judge, 1999-present; Fort Lauderdale Vote for me because: “Without a Democratic primary, the candidate with the most money represents the party. Democratic Party members have no say in who represents them. Our government should not work that way.”

that twat 'twas wrong

#5 joe, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meh. Seen much worse. This might explain why a generation ago judges were universally against video arraignments.

7. jetophile

She was probably smelling lawsuit and that's why she quit, probably citing COPD and that she can't breathe. Tough judges are good by me, but on the flip side, I become infuriated when pedos who rape four year olds get a year in jail or 20 years probation. This isn't either. She treated that woman horribly and demeaned her just for the sake of demeaning her. Shame on her. If you can't handle the pressure of the cesspool whirlpool that comes before you, you shouldn't have run for office. This wasn't a freaking homicide, and it wasn't a sentencing, for fukk's sake. It was a hearing. Judge Judy wannabe.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The ladies death is irrelevant to her behavior unless there is some evidence she did so because she didn’t believe she was ill.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What’s the lawsuit? How do you connect her death directly to being treated harsh and unfairly days prior?

The real shame of this situation is that if she hadn’t died no one would give a damn about this. The judge should be persecuted for her behavior because the woman was sick and deserved patience. But just because the women’s death brought this video to public awareness doesn’t mean the death is relevant to the behavior of the judge that deserves criticism.

10. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

It's not only Florida. I work for the court system in NY and what I see on a daily basis is atrocious!

11. jetophile

True enough, all points taken; but the timing of her resignation is . . . untimely? I wish I could remember which judge it was now. She was really overweight (not that it should matter), was on the take, complete abuse of power, accepted bribes, treated everyone like garbage, cried when she got arrested. I'll try to find it sometime. Anyway, the woman who died was denied meds in holding - which she didn't mention during the hearing - but when she tried to explain that she was having trouble breathing, "I don't care about your breathing treatments!" Pretty bad.

12. jetophile

I'm sure there is some truth to that.

13. jetophile

I know all about it (will explain another time). Judges act like turds with minor first time offenders and also those who committed minor crimes as a first time offender. As far as weird shit being endemic in Florida in general, I think we see a lot more things come out of Florida partially because the press has immediate access to everything, more so than in other states. Mix that with a high rate of illiteracy and poverty, it's a perfect soup.

That aside, it must be tough to be a judge who isn't power hungry and is just trying to do the right thing by victims. There are a handful of those. If I had to preside over repeat offenders, sexual and otherwise, those who committed murder, smirked, laughed, had no remorse with zero chance or interest in rehabilitation, it might be hard on occasion to keep my cool. It's a double edged sword tons of times, but local judge abuse of power types are the worst. They're usually found doing blow with hookers in a seedy Motel and say it was client/attorney privilege. "She gave me a dollar and retained me. I gave her $50 for a bus ride home because I'm a nice guy." Typical walking scenario.

We all know about these types of slime buckets:

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/us/28judges.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/walter...ence-for-prison-kickback-scheme/#36b202044aef

What a POS.