One Jets Drive (documentary)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Jul 4, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Re: Darnold’s release, any time a QB drops the ball that low, my go to is to compare them to Blake Bortles (whose lengthy release is undoubtedly a problem in the NFL)

Darnold gets the ball out WAY quicker

Check the deep ball at 3:20

...compared to the deep ball at 2:02

Light years faster. Not a concern for me.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The closer you look at Sam the more there is to like.

Physique, arm, personality, mature beyond his years, bright, support foundation.

Knock on wood...

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The season ended last night with a focus on the 3 Quarterbacks. McCown, Bridgewater and Sam Darnold. Solid episode that gets you pumped up for the season and Training Camp. Great little mini-show to get fans through the Summer.

Watching it made me wonder if Teddy starting might not be the best for everyone? McCown is clearly at the end of his road and is just as much a Coach as a QB. Sam is learning how the NFL works. Could be good to sit a while and observe. Teddy is coming off a bad injury but is still young and could have a bright future. If he plays well, a team could trade for him. If not, Sam still learns from him and he gets to sign a much richer deal elsewhere next off-season. Should be a fun camp to watch the QB's! ..................Finally.

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

a couple of weeks ago they announced they would continue this series. i know it's fluff but it's just good. f the annoying nfl series.

this one covered to Gio kid at the end, the kid from the scrimmage. just great.

Brook! likes this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Sam changes it up I've noticed. Perhaps depending on the situation. Sometimes it drops a little too low and he may get it out a bit slower...and he throws an accurate ball.

In that 2:02 throw he knew he had to get it out fast. And he did. And it was an accurate throw

Bottom line is that regardless of how the ball comes out Sam throws accurately

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Did they not draft Jim Hart? He was most certainly a franchise QB.

8. forevercursed

Also...5:14 if you want to see a holy shit elite NFL throw

9. forevercursed

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I somehow missed this thread earlier. Thanks for bringing it back. I've now watched episodes 2-4 and love it!

11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Seriously, how good is this!

I have been so impressed with this so far. I hope they continue to make these, it seemed like episode 6 was going to be the final one. I wonder if it has been getting so much positive feedback they decided to keeping making them.

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I think so. The plan originally was to go up to the start of camp only as far as I could tell.

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Does anyone know if we can expect some more of these coming down the pike?

I would assume maybe one more at most.

14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, last weeks episode was the finale. It was a very well done series.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Tocca ferro.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

This 2018 One Jets Drive documentary reminded me of our 2010 Hard Knocks series.

I've enjoyed this one more not only because it felt more genuine but because I've missed these behind the scene Jet moments ever since.

Hopefully this 2018 Jets team (like our 2010's team) finds themselves @ the AFC Championship Game while knocking on the door of the Super Bowl.

I would love to see us on another Hard Knocks series too, but this One Jets Drive documentary has been a fresh of breath air heading into 2018.

I've enjoyed it.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

We (the Jets community) need to show our support for this by liking, subscribing, leaving comments trying to encourage other people to do so as well. This is what keeps things like this going, and I would love to see this again next year and it be 30min+ long.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I could have synced the audio better with a TiBook and iMovie, but aside of that it was an enjoyable distraction.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just watched Ep 10 the other day. I cannot believe how great Randy Beverly looks. He's such a nice man (met him once). Cracked up at the old fan John "Cuz" Pagano, especially his glasses, haha. Good episode, really pulling for McBride. It makes me laugh, too, how the narrator sounds EXACTLY like the guy who narrates wild life documentaries for Nat Geo. I actually wonder if it's the same guy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is, and it kept making me lose it on and off because I half expected him to start talking about the African Savanna.

A few years ago - long after the Suzy Kolber debacle - there were some fans who started to get irritated with Joe Namath. Why? I like having him around and having a presence with the team. Yeah, he can be a little loopy at times, but it kind of makes me forget the losing culture all these years whenever he plugs the team and strolls down Memory Lane. He isn't always wrong about things. Sam tipped his proverbial hat in the beginning of the episode, which I liked. So what if it comes across as, "When I was your age, I had to walk 6 miles to school in the snow!" You still have to respect someone who walked six miles to school in the snow. Sanchez grew a Fu Manchu, and it didn't work out in the end, but I can see why he did it.

Anyway, I've never been to the Florham Park practice facility but I have to admit, it looks really nice. Can't say the same for The New Dump. It sucks! But GO JETS!!!

20. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Binge watched all 10 eps last night. Pretty entertaining stuff! It was a little buzzy seeing what cut or traded players were saying back then.