omar jacobs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dude, Feb 17, 2006.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

what about this guy with our 2nd round pick? the guy has a canon of an arm, would allow us to not risk an early first on a qb and has some great potential....also, if we can get a 1st round pick for abe, what about drafting mario williams at 4 and drafting whoever is left from lendale white/deangelo williams with a mid round pick (hopefully) for abe.

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

We will need to draft AT LEAST 1 OL first two rounds, especially with us cutting Kendall and Fabini. We could possibly get Jacobs round 3, so if we go OL round 2 and Williams/Williams round with Jacobs round 3 that'd be awesome.

3. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

grabbing omar in the 3rd would be a dream come true for me

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Give me Jay Cutler in the first round and with the 2nd and 3rd rounders draft guys to build around around Jay...like a LT and a RB...

5. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

You see a lot of crazy talk about the draft, at times. I sit and think of the possibilities. How do we address the bigest needs. OL, QB, RB, and the loss of Abe. If we can work a decent trade with Abe then I can see what was quoted as a very goood idea. Sensable too. Just seems a little too good to be true but , as a fan, it makes really good sense.

6. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

As a Vanderbilt grad, I hate to say I am not sold on Cutler. I think Jacobs will be picked in round two depending on which team gets Cutler. I think we would have to take him near the top of two.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I know someone who goes to Vanderbilt, and they really don't like Cutler. A little discouraging.

8. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

SHHHH, you might start an earthquake from all the bandwagon jumpers making the jump to the next sexy pick. You trying to get us all killed?

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would much rather have Whitehurst in the 3rd or 4th round that Jacobs in the 2nd. Whitehurst is the real deal and showed he could outplay even Cutler during the senior bowl.

10. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

No, I loved watching him on Saturdays, just not sure how that translates to Sundays. I would love to be wrong.