OL Projections For 2006

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Youth Is Served, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Figured now with Bentley and Shaffer away people can stop drooling over them and see how the organization feels about Adrian Jones. Were not making a push for it so lets see what our youth has. If we trade for Ramsey we will most likely trade down and acquire some later 2nd round picks this is the deepest OL draft in a long time. We will not be big players in FA for the OL.

This is my projection for the starting lineup and i do feel we will be trading down and trading up in the first few rounds. Mangini will follow the Bellichick role of drafting.

LT - Adrian Jones

I see a lot of hate on here directed towards him but we need to remember he is a better LT than RT and LT is his more natural position. He was labeled a project and for the price its worth it to let him start the year and see how he can truly do.

LG - Pete Kendall

Im very please that they agreed to terms with him and having him back one more year means our line should be vastly improved.

C - Nick Mangold (via Trade Up)

I truly feel the Saints would jump all over Mangold with their 2nd rounder. And after a trade down in which we will acquire another 2nd or 3rd rounder. We will package some picks to move up ahead of NO. If not we will always stay put and try to land Eslinger. But I feel we will trade up.

RG - Brandon Moore

Has been playing quietly solid for the past 2 years and is on the very cheap side. He even restructered to stay here so im glad to have him back.

RT - Tom Ashworth

I feel this is the only position where we will address the O-Line in FA. Most people arnt a huge fan neither am I but I feel that with Ashworth and using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a RT we should be set on the O-Line.

Just my two cents

2. That maybe exactly how it looks in 05. Although it maybe another rookie or a guy like Seth mcKinney at center rather than Mangold.

3. Mkind16

Mkind16 New Member

If the Jets acquire the 29th overall pick, I would not be shocked at all to see them take Nick Mangold. You're right, I don't think he'll make it to our 2nd round pick, with the Saints in desperate need of a C.

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Sadly, it sounds like the team doesn't like Jones at LT. Hopefully this is just a baseless rumor started by the press.

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I'd rather take Eslinger in round 3 than spend a 1st round pick on a center, no matter how good Mangold is.

6. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I like that analysis. Thats exactly how I want it to be this year and thats how I was picturing it. Good post.:up:

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

that would actually be one of the more dominant and young (besides pete) lines in the NFL...

I'd kill for that one boys :up:

8. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

I agree, we shouldnt trade up to get mangold in the 1st if we can land eslinger in later rounds

9. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Tom Ashworth? He's lost more games to injury in the last three years than John Abraham. Biggest problem is a bad back.

10. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Actually, he's been receiving alot of unwarranted love on this board, IMO. I'm not really high on him and would rather prefer the Jets grab a 1st or 2nd round LT to compete with him. It's only fair to let him show if he can hold onto his starter spot, but I sure hope TanMan have a contingency plan just in case he doesn't pan out. The LT position is probably the most critical spot on the line for the passing game. If we have our glass-QB back there, or some rookie kid, it's important that they don't get killed on every play.

11. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

i agree.............but there is one problem..........wheres D'brick????

:breakdance:

12. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I agree on all except Jones. I never liked the fact that the Jets had an againg Fabini backed-up by a project in Jones. The LT position is extremely important. The QB depends on him, and the QB knowing he is not going to be laid out from behind is important.

Have Jones be a back-up for RT and LT. Draft D-Brick. Then I like your line-up.

13. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

The only problem I see and trust me I would love a LT like D-Brick but I honestly dont think we will draft D-Brick. I truly feel that the CS has to look at what we have and prepare for next year and the following year. We need to find out what we have in Adrian Jones and our other youngers players and see if we can fill spots with them. If Adrian Jones can improve on his play from last year then we get a very good value at LT and still can use our picks elsewhere. If that doesnt pan out then LT becomes out main priority next year.

But to be honest I am extremly confused on how Tangini is going to go with this. I really have no clue which direction they are planning to go. And I love that fact that it will not be shown until we are on the clock at #4.

Im excited though and feel this will be the best way to try a young line and see if they are improved by the end of the year. We will have veteran depth for example when we sign Hopkins. So this year we see what we got on a young O-Line. If they succeed then we have a young solid O-Line that will be together for a while.

I really believe we should trade down with #4 though. Or yell at me if you want but I believe Super Mario would be a great addition to our already young defense.

Give me a solid Defense and young O-line try out our QB experiments and if that doesnt work we always got next year.

Rome wasnt built in a day

14. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

If our Oline looks like that next year and we fill a couple more holes then we could contend next year despite Penny being our QB maybe he could be good despite his injury if we have a line that could protect him and Curtis Martin could still be a good solid back despite his age. It all starts up front.