OL Cut to Date

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 31, 2018.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

What was Manning's stat line when he beat your cheats the game before?

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Worked out well for Kenny O’Brien

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Whoa. What kind of drugs are kids taking these days?

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! Where did I say anything about our 2009/2010 OL?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your reading comprehension is either poor or you're getting in too big a hurry to respond/post. Maybe you ought to read slower and think more before you open your mouth (post). You'd undoubtedly save yourself a lot of humiliation. I said that he had a low "football IQ" not a low "IQ." If you don't know the difference (which you obviously don't looking at your post with all the meaningless stats and accolades), hopefully you can learn it somewhere because I have neither the time no inclination to explain it to you.

Cam Newton certainly doesn't need you to defend him. You probably weren't around, but I was a huge Newton fan when he entered the NFL draft. When a lot of posters were saying that he'd be a bust, I said that he was a potential HOFer. He's still accomplished a LOT, but it's because of his amazing athleticism, not his cerebral prowess on the football field. As a result, I'm disappointed in him, but it has nothing to do with his skin color.

I accept your apology and no hard feelings. For your sake, I hope that you will take a step back, look at yourself, and seriously ponder all the critical comments that have been aimed in your direction, and wise up. We can often learn a lot more from our "enemies" or those who don't like us than we can friends. You continually make yourself a target here and it's sad.

egelband, rinvesto and Patriot like this.
  6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Cheats? Correction, AFC Champion!

I remember the game very well, the Broncos defense made life very difficult for Brady. But unlike Cam Newton, he didn't quit and the final score was 20-18 Broncos.

Brady ended up throwing for over 300 yards and led the Patriots to an almost comeback victory. Brady showed that game that he was no quitter and anyone who can't see that is full of football blind hate. The Broncos punished the shit out of him but he kept getting right back up. In my humble opinion that may have been his greatest game in defeat.

Oh ya, Manning threw for 176 yards to answer your question.

7. Patriot

Cam Newton Wonderlic score was a 21 which is NFL average but low for a QB. Many people feel the Wonderlic test is racist, but Benjamin Watson (48) and Calvin Johnson (41) sort of squash that theory. Most of the high Wonderlic scores are QBs followed by Offensive Linemen for some reason. Cam Newton is frustrating to watch because with all his talent and he doesn't utilize it properly. Just because you criticize a player who happens to be African American doesn't make you a racist. When you call someone a racist for criticizing a player who happens to be African American, are you not being the racist? Tom Brady's Wonderlic score was not so great either yet no one can argue he isn't football smart.

I think as a general rule most NFL players are not that bright. So maybe I am a NFL racist or jock racist. It could be due to all the hits they take to the head. I think many of you here would score much better than most NFL players in the Wonderlic test. You should try to take this test just for the fun of it.

Who knows maybe Cam Newton will finally get it and play much smarter. Then again maybe not.

egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Patriot

I was a big fan of Kenny O’Brien and yes he was a franchise QB. I remember the big shoot out between him and Marino which was fun to watch.

Its a shame that he didn't get to finish his career on top.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. BacktoQueens

haha, Manning threw for 2 TD's early, which was enough to sit on the lead, as Br*dy was ineffectual and crying like a baby as he kept getting hit.

The better QB and better team won that day.
    It's harder to cheat away from Foxboro, where they got everything rehearsed down to the best path to take when doctoring game footballs.

10. Patriot

The better team won that day, yes you are correct. The better QB won that day, no offense your either smoking crack or you have been brainwashed by Mike Francesca (should be in a nursing home)?

Manning was not a better QB than Brady at this point in his career. You could make an argument he was a better QB in previous years, but that year was not one of them.

I don't understand why people like you always try to get under my skin and waste time not discussing the Jets. Isn't this a futile exercise? I have been a Pats fan since 1968, do you really think what you say is going to upset me or change my views?

So my free advice to you is "as you make your left in life be careful not to make a right into yourself".

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It must be deflating being branded cheats all the time.
    Or what people otherwise call a defeat

12. K'OB

Why would the wonderlic test be called racist ?

I have just looked at it and taken 20 test questions and got 20, tbh I guessed a couple of the American centric answers, got lucky with a money one as I have no idea what a dime and a Nickel actually equate to nevermind what a bunch of them would add up to lol

But I didn't see anything that would be remotely classed as racist, just bog standard mind puzzles and quick speed of thought required.

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Second place, otherwise known as first loser.

KurtTheJetsFan, BacktoQueens and K'OB like this.
  14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Maybe we should teach the OL how to commit holding on every pass play without incurring yellow flags.

EDIT: I am more than certain that a certain team in the North East is already doing this. [And much more.]

15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

people dont think that the wonderlic is racist, they think that it (and many standardized tests) are culturally biased

LF911SC likes this.
  16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Dan Marino scored a 16. As did Bradshaw.

Eli Manning a 38

Ryan Fitzpatrick a 48

Hard to make hard opinions off of the scores along.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. Patriot

I personally don't think the Wonderlic test is racist, but some people do based on test results.

The only thing that I see would be beneficial from this test is trying to figure out how fast someone can be taught. I think a test that is more football based would make more sense.

18. BacktoQueens

At least you admit it...
    Manning was the better QB that day no doubt. He was also capable of winning regardless of HC, and without a culture of systematic cheating.

If you root for a classless organization, and take their name on a division rivals website, are you seriously asking why people call you out on it?
    To ignore the shady reputation of the Pats is the exercise in futility.

If you want to be taken seriously, perhaps you should change your handle and avatar.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  19. K'OB

Thanks for the explanation :rolleyes: maybe you can ask these folks that think it is to explain why they think a shit load of questions about somebody's pay packet and a percentage of an increase or decrease is racist or how fast a bike can go 500 feet at 50mph lol

I must have missed the question on the KKK or police ;)

20. K'OB

His brother in law is a jet so he likes us next best apparently or something like that, at least he hasn't appeared on the site with a butt fumble fucking avatar like James "Sonny" Crockett or Tubbs.