Ok lets leave names out of it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by shonnfrank, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Because there is too much hatred for one and toleration for the other. But lets talk in generalities:

An NFL team's starting qb is injured in preseason and misses 6 weeks.

When he is healthy again, the backup, who was brought in to be a backup but had been starting due to said injury, is retained as the starter on the basis that he is playing servicably, not great, servicable and most importantly, the "team is winning", so making the change would break the successful continuity. The team was a fortunate 4-1.

Since then, the team has gone 1-4.
    The last two heartbreaking losses ended with the defense making one stop after another, giving the offense one chance after another to win the game against rather mediocre competition, but they failed miserably...including but not limited to ugly interceptions and a failure to score from the 13.
    The backup turned starter has thrown 4 interceptions in the last two games, including three in the fourth quarter and the offense looks abysmal.

In general, isnt it time to go back to the original starter.....the guy with the higher ceiling? Basically,... .isnt it time for a change?

In general.
    Remember no names. This is hypothetical.

Of course, the inbuilt bias changes the otherwise logical conclusion.

And in real life the rookie head coach terrified about the direction of his career may also come into play.
    Or maybe, the team and cs simply despise the original starter. Lol

But in general, by the textbook? Just a discussion.

#1 shonnfrank, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Ghost50, NCJetsfan and LIJetsFan like this.
  2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

This board won't allow you to play the no name game. And they won't agree with your logic no matter how much sense it makes because at the end of the day we're talking about Geno Smith.

But i agree with you. Geno should be out there right now. There's no reason why he shouldn't be. Our guys actually looked like they are in position to make some big plays but fitz underthrows em every single time. Or when he does put it in the right spot they drop it lol. Still and all Fitz is 35 year old back up making the same mistakes Geno would make. So You play Geno.. it's not that hard to figure out lmao. Yes Geno will have mental mistakes but he won't miss open WR's or underthrow them

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. largojetfan

largojetfan Member

It was all well and good to keep the "backup QB" in the game while they were winning. While losing 4 out of 5 is not solely on the "backup QB", a lot of it is. The offense is broken entirely and the lack of a downfield game is really hurting the run game as well. The "original starter" should be given a chance. There is no future with "backup QB" so if he is not winning now why is he out there. This organization really needs to see what "original starter" has and if he can right this struggling offense. He has never had receivers to throw to, and at this point he can't be worse.

NCJetsfan, LIJetsFan and shonnfrank like this.
  4. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Do you see how that name alone changes the entire scope?
    I played the no name game to illustrate how cut and dry it is.

I feel that the dropped passes may have to do with the throws. Every try to catch a balloon? Its difficult. lol

LIJetsFan likes this.
  5. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

The problem is that Fitz knows where to throw the ball but doesn't have the ability to make every throw. Unfortunately Geno has the physical ability to make every throw but can't mentally process at the NFL level to make the right decision. Consequently the argument that Geno won't miss open WRs or underthrow them is incorrect. Geno misses open WRs alot because he misreads the defense or locks on his first read. He also has a tendency to underthrow not due to physical arm strength limitations but because he has misread the defense and his footwork is off or he misses the hot read on a blitz and throws off his back foot (remember Buffalo?).

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I can't wait for these Genobots to follow the Tebots out of town.

_

7. JetLifeLo

Lol i didn't mean to mess up the concept of the thread by name dropping but man this shit been on my mind since the game ended, I want geno playing. theres no reason why he isn't. His INT's per pass is the same as Geno's. LET HIM PLAY! HE CAN THROW!!!!!

LIJetsFan and shonnfrank like this.
  8. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

The "backup qb" was given MULTIPLE chances to win. First down from the 13?
    It must be frustrating to no end for the D who handed it to them time and time again.
    It IS on the "backup qb" and if he was the beloved overacheiver and it was the despised original starter who played that EXACT five game stretch, there would be death threats.

And, as you said, the original starter has never been given a real chance, regardless what peope may say.
    But thst has been well documented.

Lets stick with the hypothetical, nameless scenerio. Its cut and dry.

9. JetLifeLo

LETS JUST FACE IT WE DON'T HAVE A QB THAT CAN WIN GAMES! IT'S DEEPER THAN GENO AND FITZ NOW!

GENO HAS THE PHYSICAL TOOLS BUT THE BRAIN OF A PEANUT.
    FITZ HAS AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT TO DO BUT ARM TO WEAK TO GET IT DONE.
    BRYCE PROBABLY HAS NO FUTURE BECAUSE HE'S LOOKING UP TO TWO GUYS THAT NEVER HAD SOMEONE TO LOOK UP TO.

BREES 2016. I BEG YOU MAC!!!!

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind seeing Petty get some gametime action. It would be nice to see what we have in him.

We know what we have in Geno. It isnt good.

FlaJet likes this.
  11. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

This is a general discussion thread. No names, so plz stick to the OP.
    Although your genobot paranoia illustrates my point perfectly. Lol

LIJetsFan and JetLifeLo like this.
  12. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Yeah....unfortunately you did. Otherwise this thread would not have attracted Stokes and the anti-"bleep" gang lol

JetLifeLo likes this.
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Oh yes it can get worse. Much worse.

FlaJet, Cman68 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  14. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

No....no we don't know. Thats the point. Smh

15. JetLifeLo

u always give people shit about wanting the best for Geno... so what would you suggest? What's best for the Jets? i want a real logical response.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

A Genobot with 95% of his posts bitching and whining and crying about Geno now wants to play the "no name" game and be taken seriously.

Can't wait till these Genobots follow the Tebots out of town.

_

FlaJet likes this.
  17. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Worse than the last two fourth quarters. Haha
    Exactly the reason for the post.
    I guess it did work after all.
    Because we can clearly see the distortion now.

Those last two games were not only as bad as GS, but represent GS ifhe had a torn rotator cuff.

18. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Yaaawn

Going with the usual, huh? Lol

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

LOL how can you even use the deep ball argument anymore. Fitz threw some beautiful bombs yesterday that bounced off of Devin Smiths hands.

Not Fitz fault the run game blows

Not Fitz fault the Cro and Demario get burned for TDs like clockwork

Not Fitz fault the WR don't catch passes that land in their hands

This team is just not good. It has huge flaws. QB change won't fix any of their issues.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Outside of a few trolls I don't think most people clamoring for the change are Geno groupies, just that they know Fitz isn't good and never has been.

The change has to be made. The question is do we see if Geno has anything under a new staff or move on to Petty and see if he has anything in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.