Oh Well Mack Headed to the Bears

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 8, 2018.

?

What would you give up in a trade for Khalil Mack?

1. Next year's 1st round pick

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. 2020's 2nd and 3rd round picks

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Package of players - please be specific

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Package of players and draft picks - please be specific

10 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Wouldn't trade for him

27 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's gonna be something talked about for a long time. Freakin Khalil Mack was available in his prime and some teams were worried about draft picks.

The Bears have a hall of fame pass rusher, a modern day, more humble version of L.T........ and we have Jordan Jenkins and a couple draft picks instead.. cool

FJF likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And yet unless Trubisky turns out to be the real deal, the Bears will still suck plus they won't have any avenues to improve their roster.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

You mean the 5-11 Bears who have now been depleted of future draft picks?

And please don't mention Khalil Mack within the same sentence as L.T, ever again. Please.

Congratulations to Khalil Mack for his 2015 season but not only is L.T a 3x NFL Defensive Player of the Year (award winner)

But...

Lawrence Taylor is only one of two Defensive Player to ever win an AP NFL MVP award with over 20 sacks back in 1986 but also the last to do so.

L.T had 8 All-Pro seasons and 10 Pro-Bowl selections during his first 10 years in the league!! :eek:

Nuts.

Not including the 9 game shortened season of 1982 (4-5 overall) but throughout 12 years L.T only seen 3 losing seasons of below .500 football when in comparison to Khalil Mack who's already tasted 3 losing seasons during (only) his first 4 years.

And unlike Khalil Mack, Lawrence Taylor actually had an ability to elevate his entire defense and truly led his defense to 7 playoff appearances and two Super Bowl titles.

"Khalil Mack" has not been within the same stratosphere as that of a younger L.T and Khalil Mack himself has yet to elevate his Defenses beyond anything more than mediocrity level of play.

And forget sacks don't forget about Tackles. L.T combined for 1,089 tackles which is an average of 83.7 tackles per season (despite a shortened year) compared to Khalil Mack and his 57 tackles per season.

Mack couldn't hold L.T's jock strap.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The cost was too high but it’s a shame we couldn’t have figured out a way to add one of the top 3 or 4 all around game changing defenders in the game today, and an upstanding solid citizen.

Would have changed our defense.

Oh well.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Would have loved to have Mack but no way no how would’ve paid that price. Bears went all in and good for them but if they finish any better than 3rd in that division it will be because Mitchy Biscuits took that next step, not because they acquired Khalil Mack.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea, my thoughts exactly.

Khalil Mack or no Khalil Mack... The Bears are not going to be able to contend nor compete against the likes of Green Bay with an All-Time great QB in Aaron Rodgers and/or a Minnesota Vikings defense that's truly stout (all around) and who's now featuring Kirk Cousins under Center.

And losing two 1st round draft picks along with an extra $23.5 million per season is not going to change anything, at all.

In closing Chicago's defense is being severely overrated. Big time. They'll fall back down to earth in 2018 and outside of now Khalil Mack they've got not a single defensive player with either of an All-Pro or even a Pro Bowl season under it's belt; and if 4.0 years in Oakland is any indication he'll fail at elevating his teammates and defense around him; just as he failed to elevate his defense as a Raider.

Last but most certainly not least Khalil Mack couldn't even win in Oakland with Derek Carr as his 3x Pro Bowl QB and I highly doubt that he'll be able to win with Mitch Trubisky and "Da Bears".

7. BrowningNagle

Thanks philly stacks but tell me, how does Khalil Mack compare to Zach Thomas?

The Waterboy and stinkyB like this.
  8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Do you mean the 5'11" 230 pounds of full force tackling machine?

The man who had 1,100 tackles in his 13 year career.

17 interceptions.

16 Forced fumbles.

20.5 sacks.

And you joke about comparing these two??

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

If this guy is a modern day Lawrence Taylor, then why was the Raider passing defense so bad last year? (ranked 26th, overall)

I think Mack is an awesome player, but this seems like hyperbole. He has more to prove and more impact to make before I am comparing him seriously to Lawrence Taylor.

10. BrowningNagle

When its all said and done, I think you will feel differently. Mack will be great for the Bears.

Besides, even when L.T. had his most amazing, coke-filled year of his career (1986 MVP, 20.5 sacks) the Giants finished 19th in passing defense. So I'm not sure team passing yardage is the best metric of an individual beast like L.T. or Mack

11. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Still amazed at the $100m and HC, GM, CEO status that Chucky got. What has he done to warrant this level of cash and control? He won 1 Super Bowl with Dungy's players against his former team. Most of his other years were mediocre. He has a 95-81(54%) HC record. He has never built a team, and has no GM experience. Other than making players uncomfortable by jamming Pointer Sisters songs, what if anything on his resume do you think makes him capable of evaluating players? He had no business trading away the best defensive player in the league. I wouldn't even give his contract and power to Belichick(because he had Brady).

12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Maybe I mis-remember, but didn't he pretty much build the Oakland team he trounced with Tampa Bay? That said, what I do find interesting is how quickly he destroyed the Tampa team after winning. I have no idea how him walking away for 10 years or whatever it was made him earn a huge contract. I would not have been happy if the Jets had replaced Bowles with Gruden.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Fair. Time will tell.

I just hate comparing 2nd or 3rd year players to icons like L.T. I mean, 20.5 sacks is a lot more than 11 or 10.5 (Mack's single season totals in 2016 and 2017, respectively). Let's see what this guy does going forward. He definitely has a ton of potential and is off to an amazing start. I just think we crown guys a bit too quickly, nowadays.

I will admit that, even though I think the Bears gave up an awful lot for a team that I'm not yet convinced is actually willing to compete for anything, I would be super excited to watch a guy like that if I were a Bears fan.

14. Rollo Tomassi

His TV football persona, all his QB camps, his specials, his commercials portraying him as a coaching genius and people calling him a coaching genius got him that contract.

And don't discount the personality factor with the team moving to Vegas. They need a bigger than life face of the franchise.

That's Gruden.

Not his coaching.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Khalil Mack with a strip sack and fumble recovery.

Putting constant pressure on the QB.

He was in on the play Rodgers got hurt.

He’s already changing this defense and he hasn’t even practiced much with the Bears.

He would have transformed our defense.

Oh well.

16. Rollo Tomassi

Holy shit Mack with a pick 6.

And some idiot thought he couldn’t change a defense.

JetBlue, Cidusii and 50ShadesOfGreen like this.
  17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

This is the first time I’ve ever used these unironically...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

A lot of crow to be eaten in this thread

19. Rollo Tomassi

Philly Stackz is on involuntary vacation.

Otherwise he’d be posting the Raiders W-L record over the past 4 years.

Too funny.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And for all Mack's heroics, the Bears still lost because unlike a QB a pass rusher can't carry a team.