Oh NO! Brees in MIAMI?!?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlioTheFool, Mar 6, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

ESPN is reporting that Miami wants Brees to come for a visit. I am telling you right now, if he signs there, we are dead. Between the Pats and the Fins, we will never to the playoffs.

I think it's time to pull a Yankees' move. Sign the guy before the enemy can. It's not like we don't need the backup, just forget about Kitna. I could deal with Kitna in Miami, but not Brees. That will come back to haunt us.

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

If the Fins get him, they will be really good and Brees would help them a ton, but they are still very weak on the OL and in the secondary so they've got somework today before we call them Superbowl Favorites. I hate to say it, but if they can address those needs though, they could be one of the best in the NFL next year.

3. Let him sign a huge contract in Miami. Could he work out? Yes.

But keep in mind the guy is coming off major shoulder surgery and his career was iffy until Antonio Gates came around. Randy McMichael is a great TE, but he isnt Gates. We shall see..but no need to panic.

4. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

well if he signs there and pulls a chad and goes down with the same injury again then we will be in a better situation then the fins. i like brees but am not worried if he does sign with them.

5. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

Big deal. Brees doesn't scare me, and he shouldn't scare anyone else unless you are rooting for him

6. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

One player does not make the team.... that is all that needs to be said...

7. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

It doesnt matter who the fins get we still gonna own them like we do every year. Their Defense is falling apart. They just cant beat us. This year they only beat us once because of injuries and 2003 we didnt have Chad one game and the other game was a fluke and they had more confidence as they were competing for the playoffs. 12 of the last 16 meetings enough said.ricky williams :finssuck:

8. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Hell yea after 04 we have his number.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Guys, it was not a major surgery. It was arthroscopic, and his doctor, James Andrews, yes the same man that fixed up Penny, was encouraged by that, and is very enthusiastic about his progress so far on the rehab. He is actually significantly ahead of schedule (I believe it was a month ahead.) The injury was never that bad in the first place. He is going to be good.

Keep in mind also, he was really good his rookie year. He has had one bad year as a pro. The guy has talent, and he is going to improve any team that picks him up. The coaching staff in SD is actually pissed off about him being a FA. The GM there is dead-set on letting Rivers play, and that's why Brees is not simply not starting in SD, but out of town altogether.

It would be a very good move for us to jump on him immediately.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Since the two teams have split their last 8 games (over 4 years), to say the Jets "own them like they do every year" doesn't make too much sense. Add to that the fact that the Dolphins went 9-7 in 2005 with Gus Frerotte as their QB, and I would say that unless you think Brees will have the same recovery Pennington did from this injury (that is, he won't recover, at least next year), Brees signing with Miami is very bad news for the Jets.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

does anyone else see how quickly they turned that franchise around...this goes out to everyone who says the jets are doomed for the next few years...i think some of them already have taken back what they said after the FO has reconstructed contracts and started the whole youth movement.

12. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

A lot of people are saying it was a minor injury(only the labrum), but later on it was revealed it was also the rotator cuff. Very similar to Penny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351620

Dr. James Andrews released an encouraging medical report on Brees' surgically repaired right shoulder that could allow him to participate in a team's mini-camp in May. On Jan. 5, Brees underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair his shoulder capsule and a partially torn rotator cuff. .

13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

What is the Jets record vs. Drew Brees. I'm pretty sure it is 3-1 and the loss was this year by 4 points at the 4 yard line with Bollywood as the QB. I'd welcome Drew Brees with open arms to Miami.

14. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

God hope his arm falls off...

15. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

It would appear we have a comedian in the house....

Later....

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

The dolphins are dangerous and with a QB like Brees, very dangerous. But the jets will find a way. And Brees may not even be good anymore.

17. Trend

Trend Member

Plus, we have his former QB coach, who I am sure knows all of Brees' weaknesses. I hope Miami signs him to a big fat cap busting deal :finssuck:

18. GreenMachine

Aren't the Jets 2-1 vs Brees??? And they should be 3-0...

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

guys,is there a more stupid statement than "we're 2-1 against brees"...what the hell does that mean...wherever brees goes we'll beat him because we've already "dominated" him by beating him twice and losing once?????worst comment ever????i think so.....so if he goes to pittsburgh next year...we'll beat them up...seattle couldnt beat us if they got brees???? mind boggling......and it would be a nonsensical statement even if we were 9-0 against the man......let alone 2-1....thanks for the chuckle

20. Vmanator51

Vmanator51 New Member

if the dolphins dont sign him they would be stupid. the jets need make sure that they dont sign him. and if they do they will have to put on 11 man blitz's so that his shoulder gets hurt again.