Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Id rather see what our kids can do. We are not going to the SB this year! Lets see what we have and develop them! Rogers can do well for us. Hill will be OK. Kerley is well known and we know what Holmes can do when healthy. NO TIME TO PANIC. Its time to develop young talent! If we MUST get a n older guy, I want Braylon.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

correct me if i am wrong but i thought otas were a week long. yet i really only saw one days worth of reports. is it a matter of only one day was open to the media? i would think you would still hear something out of the cs.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the Jets are required to allow media access to like 3 OTA activities. The rest are closed off (someone with more knowledge can correct me)

4. Bruce Harper

Bruce Harper New Member

Respectfully, I think it makes a LOT of sense to root for him to fail in camp because if he plays just well enough to win the job he is going to play. And after four years, we know what we are going to get out of him -- and it isn't pretty. If, God forbid, he starts week one, I will be rooting like hell for him. But it really is someone else's turn, even if it's McElroy.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

LOL, this is just bad.

Im hoping its some sort of sarcasm, but at this point I never know...

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's McElroni, not Sackelroy. Considering he had the same excuses that you give Sanchez for not having enough time.

Is this the last stand of Hobbes? Will you give up everything if this broken man wearing the 6 jersey doesn't prove you correct, like, ever?

Because you're giving the full court press for a guy that really has no chance in hell.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/qb_not_jet_ting_his_due_TUHDxeD4v8xGULKGTjXovM

Junc,cval, and me are the only guys that dont have our panties in a twist, because we got let down last year.

Dude, you really believe the media BS that the Jets want Sanchez gone? Really?

Thats why they brought in a fucking cripple. Then passed on Geno the Magnificent not once, but Twice? For yet another first round corner, and first round Dlineman?

Geno falling to 39 was like hitting the lotto on a first time quickpick. They got lucky, but you cant seriously think they were counting on it, any more than they were honestly counting on Garrard to see the field.

Cannizzaros article is pretty spot on.

Face the one simple fact.

2012 was a total systemic failure, by the front office, and absent that...Sanchez has tsken you one step short of the Superbowl twice, and never had a losing season.

So hes had one losing season, while throwing to such luminaries as Chaz Schillens,Clyde Gates,Mardy Gilyard,Konrad Rueland, and for an offensive coordinator, that all but abandoned throwing out of the backfield.

And..as I pointed out...they know...right now, that hes a better bet, than 3 of the first 4 QBs they face.

#107 Hobbes3259, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  8. Hobbes3259

It is sarcasm. But it is true.

Two media stories about Geno the Magnificent so far...

Hes a diva, because he was going to leave the drsft.

His new agency violated the rules, by using a non certified contact, JayZ, and OMG..Geno posted a pic.

Thats what makes all this Sanchez bs so laughable.

A known fraud, Freeman, writes some unsourced BS...and every sports media outlet rips it off, half of the guys here repost it in every rewritten variation...and buy in.

Do you really think, if Sanchez gets hit by a car tomorrow, the media shitstorm goes away?

Of course you dont. The new narrative will be Geno is too green, didnt come from a pro style offense, so cant read nfl defenses, cant throw the deep balll and so on.

So...the question then is..are you buying into the narrative now, because it fits your conviction?

One. Repeat One. Losing season.

For all the other issues. Thats where it stands.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would prefer a bus, garbage truck or cement mixer

10. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Yeah, that's what I saw Rex thinking after the Titans game too...

Seriously, what you SuperFans fail to understand is that we have nothing against Sanchez as a person - the vast majority of us here just thinks he's regressed over the last couple of years and just isn't a good enough player at his position.

Winning or losing seasons in Sanchez case is a pretty useless stat, if he hasn't been the big factor in winning those games. We've won games mostly DESPITE Sanchez, not THANKS TO him.

As recent as last season, we heard Rex saying he thinks Sanchez one day will be considered a strength on this team, and not a weakness. Pretty strong indication of what areas of the team he thinks the wins usually are coming from. But I'll enjoy you twisting that sort of 'nonsense' around too.

Apart from a couple of solid games in the playoffs (which us average fans loved just as much as you SuperFans at the time), it's impossible to claim that Sanchez has carried this team to wins. Again, I bet you will, but it just hasn't been the case.

You CAN win a lot of games with a shitty QB if you have an elite defense keeping a scoreboard low, it's just that we could probably win a lot more games if we had a quality player at QB and not settle for average or below.

But it's almost admirable too see how convinced you are that Sanchez is THE guy within the team, when the body language of his coaches and team mates only has getting louder and louder.

11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

is todays OTA open to the media or am i left another day with absolutely nothing to read about

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think I read that Thursday is the next media day.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

...and suppose he does win the job fair and square, (ie; he's better than Smith too) you still wouldn't want him as starter?
    I know its a massive long shot, but what if he starts and leads us to the POs, Sanchez of old?
    This is what TC is all about, finding the best person for the job. That might be Smith as well, and I'll tell you this, I do not want to see Smith getting thrown in there because we purely 'just don't want' Sanchez under center.

14. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

if sanchez wins the starting job then we should 100% give it to him. marty as the OC could really change everything. we also (should) have a better oline, running game, and receivers. i hate mark as much as the next guy as a player, but he does care about the sport. if he wins it, he deserves it

15. deerow84

I agree. If he wins it make him the starter because he will either give us the best chance to win or he'll flame out horribly and then Geno can come in with low expectations and play a few games without a lot of pressure on. Learn the speed of the NFL and how hard he's going to get hit when it doesn't matter.

If Sanchez is better but you start Geno is puts a lot of pressure on Geno from day one and sends a mixed message as you've been trumpting that you're looking for competition at all spots and then you pick the weaker of the two to start?

I think Geno has to win hands down or it goes to Sanchez. Even if it's like a 60/40 split infavor of Geno still give it to Sanchez. If it's like a 80/20 split then, sure, go with Geno as it would look pretty obvious that you're just trying to protect him at that point.

People need to remember: Just because you're the starter for Week 1 doesn't mean you'll be the starter in Week 17 or even Week 5 for that matter.

16. deerow84

Today is open to the media as well and some interesting notes coming out:

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 21m
    Nice sliding catch by Stephen Hill in the end zone, looks fine from my pov. Running at full speed. #nyj

Rich Cimini @RichCimini 26m
    WR Stephen Hill looks fine in drills. #Jets need a healthy and improved Hill in '13. One of the keys to the offense.

Great news on that end, hope he can stay healthy.

Also...

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 9m
    Geno clearly with the 2s here. Vlad at left tackle, Schlauderlaff also on the OL there. #nyj

Doesn't really mean a whole lot at this point.

So far no breakdown of completion percentages or anything like that, which is good because it's a bit silly to begin with. Except for picks, I still think knowing if the QB is thrown a pick every other pass is pretty important to know.

17. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

So Matt Simms is running the threes over McElroy. Interesting

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Uh OH Mark looking Sharp in the short passing game.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

According to Cimini, Goodson ran a sweep and broke one off the edge. That's exactly what we need him to do. Be that change of pace for Ivory.

20. Hobbes3259

Bbbbbbuttt...he sucks on short throws....I know its true because its what everybody here says.